Schuyler Skunk?

So…
I’m not sure how I missed this, but I just found out about this cultivar. Has anyone grown this out or heard any info on it? Apparently it’s from Nelson county here in VA, also a great place to find some great shine.
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that might be the guy :wink:

13 Likes

I know a guy that likely knows a guy, but I haven’t heard that name specifically. I’ll try to catch up with him this weekend.

1 Like

Heard it was super stinky. Like smells through jars and bags. Never tried it though

2 Likes

Had a joint in a zip once in the glove compartment of a vehicle with the windows rolled up and you could still catch a faint whiff of it.

1 Like

Heard of it from my mentor. Super dank and potent apparently.

3 Likes

I’m new to overgrow but this is going to be a hot topic. I actually joined because of this topic. There’s a lot of talk about Schuyler skunk in Virginia now since legalization has happened. I managed to get some beans. I was given 15 from a pretty legitimate source. Only 2 popped so far. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: I’ll give an update as we grow! I hope to hear alot of history about this cultivar. Seems to have had a history here in the old dominion but details have been slim every where I looked. Basically from what I’ve gathered “Schuyler Skunk” comes from Schuyler, Va. a small town in Nelson county. Also home of “The Waltons” tv show. Some people have told me it was a home-bred experiment, that went as far back as 1969. But I’m unsure of how accurate that is. But it was held tightly by 3 families in Schuyler. But as popular as it was, it may have been a staple crop in that area for a few folks. They say she’s a stinker and I’m not sure if she goes back to skunk 1 or not. Anyways she is rare and apparently the seed I have are her. Updates to come :v:

15 Likes

I’ve had the Fairfax Fourway but not the Schuyler or the VB Ghani

8 Likes

@VAhomegrown Fairfax Fourway is another elusive cultivar with a lot of history in Virginia. She was a stinker too but from different people I’ve spoken to about it, they all say she was clone only and recessive. Bob Hemphill says he still has it but she’s not the same lady as she used to be from back in the day

10 Likes

A guy up on Blue Mountain here in VA has the Fairfax FourWay…I used to know him when I lived in that area…I’m gone, but he is still there so I have heard.

5 Likes

That’s super close to me

5 Likes

I will see if I still have his contact…he is an electrician as well…should be in the phone book then too.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @SavageselectionsVa !
Ive been trying to get a hold of this cut or anymore info on this cultivar for a while now. Thanks for popping in and laying out what you know.
Sounds like most of our info jives so thats good. :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

Alright so here’s a little update with the Schuyler Skunk I’ve been working with. To say the least, out of the two I’m running. The Schuyler has very little Vigor. She’s a slow grower and doesn’t like a lot of water. I’m also growing Todd McCormicks Skunk 1 and Uncle Fester Sk18. All popped at the same time and they are jumping unlike the Schuyler. The lack in vigor/high bred vigor leads me to believe that it hasn’t been crossed with anything else and that it is pure. But that being said, 1 of the 2 plants are suffering from being over watered. It started showing signs about 2 weeks ago and I’ve just barely kept it alive. Hit it with a hydrogen peroxide mix and it’s barely starting to bounce back. It just wasn’t up taking the way everything else was but :crossed_fingers:we get her to the finish line. Really hoping for a male and female. Luckily there’s still a couple seeds in other people hands just in case one of mine die. Here’s some picture. She’s going to be a low squat plant when she’s finished

15 Likes

Little up date. I moved her inside. The small over watered one didn’t make it. Anyways she’s now in week 5 and she growing better in flower than she did in veg. Some really sharp smells starting to come from her. Super stoked for this one. I tried to take 20 cutting from her to clone and none of them would root. I had other variety’s take root at the same time. Just not the Schuyler. But I have more seeds from the original stock coming in so I’ll keep pushing forward with this project. Feeling super good about it.

14 Likes

Got that stinky stance. I like it. Nice work so far keep it up!

6 Likes

I’m real close to blue mountain and know a bunch of people up there Wish you had a name :rofl: I have a couple packs of fourway then the Flora borealis and another fb x cheese something lol. Since we’re all not that far away from each other if you are interested in trying any of the fourway and fourway crosses I have. Just shout

12 Likes

We must be pretty close too then. I’m about 30-40 mins north of Linden. Got some friends up by Apple Mountain Lake

5 Likes

Yeah I’m off 66 3-4 exits before markham. And I have racks of beans bro if you ever want to swap or whatever just need some hmu I’ll look out anyway I can.

6 Likes

Used to swim there as a teenager we would party like crazy but it was a shit hole then. And yea I know several people who live on both sides of blue mountain

5 Likes

I would love to try some out!!..I am asking about the guy but no one has got his name anymore…I’m gonna drive up on meth mountain and see if I can remember where he lives/lived.

5 Likes