Search for narcotic indica/Afghani

You’ll specifically want the cut…its super powerful. Real sticky icky…I drool over memories of fondness for this strain

1 Like

I think I just figured out how to reply :laughing: bit looks like I’ve just been replying to myself :smile: I’d definitely be keen on getting some original widow in the future , is there differences between this breeder’s widow to shantibaba black widow?

Shantibaba, just like Dutch Passion, and just like Green House (Arjan), are all just falsely claiming a strain to be their work while it was really Ingemar who worked it into existence. Ingemar called it Arnhem’s Wonder, after the city he lived and grew in. After a few years, Arjan from GreenHouseSeedCo approached Ingemar to buy the parent plants, so he bought the parent plants off Ingemar, and he renamed it into White Widow. They felt that because they bought the parent plants they had all the rights to it, and decided that included the rights to create a story about the origin, so they made an effort to make it appear as if it was their own work.

When Shantibaba left GHSC, it is said by some he took genetics with him, others say this is a big load of bullshit just meant to prop up sales. I don’t know what work he has done on his black widow, and I’ve never to my knowledge smoked it, but I doubt his will ever be closer to the original than what De Sjamaan or Green House is selling at this point. I ask myself, what’s the worth of the loot of a disgruntled former employee?

Dutch Passion, Green House Seed Co, and Ingemar himself, are ALL rumored to have lost their original parent plants over the years, which, since we are talking late 80’s here, the famed “88 Ingemar cut” that has been passed around for decades, is likely to have died out due to old age of the cut. No biggie in my book, that’s what passing on genetics/making beans is for.

But do you really think a homegrowing man like Ingemar wouldn’t have perpetuated the strain himself?

Whose strain you choose to buy should ultimately depend on what your preference is; my preference goes to the underdog who likes to stick to his story simply because it’s true. Arjan Roskam from GHS actually even backed up his story.

Is Green House Seed Company more capable, given their size and their acquiry of the parent plants, to maintain a line superior to any other? Perhaps.

But Ingemar still grows his beans outdoors in the harsh Dutch climate, where he invented it and where it continues to thrive to this day. That keeps the strain vigorous and true to it’s nature, retaining it’s inherent resistance even in the most adverse conditions. Plus, I’d say in most circumstances there is no child as important to a man or woman than his or her own. I think that goes for the children of our manual labours as well, which, to me, speaks volumes in favor of Ingemar’s Widow.

5 Likes

Wow mate thanks for the history, that’s quite a story behind it! It’s a shame there’s lies and jealousy between them all. It would be really interesting to do a side by side identical conditions grow comparison of all three! & also what popped in my mind was I wonder if anyone has thought of doing a 3 way cross/blend of them all to create an ultimate widow :thinking:

That’ll be your chore to do then :wink:

I won’t be doing it, I dislike all the drama involved in the story and as such, I yield to a simpler time when it’s progenic seed was found in a piece of hash. To me, the ultimate widow is the version most reliably touching on the one that attracted so much fame we’re still talking about it right now, because that will be the one that I’ll come to use in my own crosses. I doubt I’ll be able to improve upon it, but maybe I can improve upon other strains with it.

Oh, and before I forget, it’s actually a 4-way cross, since Dutch Passion claims to also sell the original white widow, without any juicy origin stories but with the laughable claim that expert growers will gladly pay a little more to acquire the “original”, selling their beins at 18.95 for a single feminized bean, making the original not the only laughable part.

Interesting note: sjamaan.com, the site of Ingemar, the actual creator of the strain, is selling his beans for 10,50 per fem bean.

Now I’m not a mathematician by any standards, but…

5 Likes

Yeah I see what you mean, I’ll stay clear of that idea too as I don’t like drama or politics life’s far too short for getting caught up in trivial matters. I tell you one cross that interest me is white Russian. Apparently that is a cross of the 'original ’ widow and ak47. I would be interested to sample that one one day, medicinally it could have some real value. But I’m really stuck on this snuggle funk and black domina. Effects wise and pedigree really peak Mt interest :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Check out @Great_lakes_Genetics they carry tony green and Bodhi and are absolutely my go to hands down, huge HUGE sale on now as well. That’s where I got my snuggle funk :wink: and they ship EVERYWHERE and guarantee it

3 Likes

@Wizzlez great info my friend.

2 Likes

Thanks mate👍 I’ll definitely be checking them out, and a good recommendation as that’s a great review of their reliability, that goes a long way! Peace mate

2 Likes

Thanks for the decarb info @Rogue, I didnt know about the temp. and cook time altering the chemical balance.

2 Likes

Is that the Black Hashplant? I dig The Black.

1 Like

It’s a cut from the u.w. it was stolen and passed around outside of the university. I wish I could find her!

2 Likes

It sounds really good from what I read googling it, has anyone ever reversed it to seed ? Be great for people outside of the USA

Sounds fantastic :ok_hand: but they only offer clones or tissue culture, I need some seeds, someone should definitely reverse her I think :thinking: Sounds like a fantastic strain

1 Like