Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

Whats freedom dream?

1 Like

Freedom Dream was a strain of Hemp that was being distributed by a guy/group in Canada, to promote the legalization of Cannabis, a few years ago. The Idea was to plant them in public places in a kinda “shock-n-awe” fashion. If the over all experience was like mine, it sucked. I tried to sprout dozens of them with absolutely zero results.

6 Likes

The CBD autoflower strain Patch Adams at 50 days from first leaf appearance. They are 3 foot tall, 3 foot wide, and just starting to show their first flower pistils. This is not your traditional autoflower variety. They are super autos and will not finish as short or as quickly as most other autoflowers. Plan accordingly. (I’m expecting them to reach at least 5-6 feet in height before they finish.)

In the tent:

Still two males on the outsides and a female in the middle. The males were aggressively trimmed because only a couple branches are needed to pollinate the females.

In the shed:

The largest plant is female and has shown it’s first pistils. The seed didn’t germinate properly and appears to have aborted it’s progress. Another seedling has been planted in it’s place. Any plants that present as male in the shed will be left to grow to full size without pruning.

14 Likes

In Tent:

In Shed:

16 Likes

In the fraction of a moment that it took to rush from one obligation to another, it dawned on me that these Patch Adams “autoflower” plants are taking WAY longer to fully flower then they should.
So, rather than make assumptions, let’s investigate the facts.

1. I paid money to Seedherenow.com for what I was told on their advertisements were “autoflowering” high “CBD” cannabis plant seeds. (They honored their promise to send me one pack of seeds after I’d only had a 50% germination rate! SHN having my back!! Best Coast Genetics, WTF man, did you actually grow these out first?!?!)

2. The seeds had their first true leaves on October 30th. They have been growing post-true leaf for 62 days under 16 hours of light & 8 hours of dark, have produced a small amount of burst pollen sacks, very few pollen sacks in total, and have grown 4-5 feet in height, producing enough biomass per plant to fill a 4 foot by 4 foot area.

(All that biomass, plus a full garbage bag worth, is what I’ve trimmed off the two oldest males.)

3. The average “autoflowering” length of maturation for a consumer available cannabis strain is: “Most autoflowering varieties will be ready for harvest in between 60-90 days.” (Royal Queen Seeds). “When growing indoors, autoflowering strains allow you to rapidly grow strains from start to finish as they generally complete maturation after three months.” (Leafly). “Many autoflowers will be ready to harvest in less than 10 weeks from seed.” (Wikipedia). “Conversely “super autos” can take over 100 days to mature and can reach over 6 feet tall.” (Wikipedia).

4. (Wikipedia).

5. The internodal spacing is huge, the quantity of pollen sacks in each cluster is low, and the plant appears to be better suited for fiber production than it does for cannabinoid production.

So that it can’t be said that we didn’t give these poor plants a fair shot at meeting the classification of autoflowering, I’ll let them finish out to maturity before I make any accusations of them being unstabilized super autos that don’t finish faster than a photoperiod strain would while also not producing anything close to the density of competing “high CBD autoflowering” strain widely available worldwide. :wink:

Only time will tell!
~Sebring :sunglasses:

20 Likes

What a bummer, I have a bunch of these and was looking forward to them.

5 Likes

I tagged James Bean and Best Coast Genetics on Facebook, asking for clarification. We’ll see how this develops.

Super autos have their place, that place just isn’t in an indoor grow space.

8 Likes

I would be interested in their responses. Perhaps I’ll get them outdoors this year (they are hemp after all) in the early spring.

6 Likes

So I thought good and hard about the hurdle a grower has to get over to pull off a super auto plant and where that minority of growers crosses paths with the market demand for super auto CBD flowers, combined with a need for the seeds to be free.
The only place those things meet is with outdoor growers that have the space to grow a 4-5 foot wide plant, that will reach 6-8 feet in height, and the seeds will need to be feminized so that their precious space isn’t being wasted by a non-medicine producing male.
Even if we diverge from the target market of homegrow CBD super autos and enter the realm of commercial CBD super autos, we still end up with a market that will need feminized seeds to keep the costs of production as low as possible.

There is no good reason that I should turn the Patch Adams strain into regular seeds. There is a LOT to be gained by S1-ing them. (Even more would be gained if they had been the non-super autoflowers they were advertised as… :frowning2:)

So, all the boys got the :knife: :knife: CHOP :knife: :knife:

Each had a stalk measuring approximately 1.5 inches across. That’s a pretty thick stiff rod for an auto. :wink:

After murdering :skull_crossbones: our lady’s two boyfriends, I really got in there and worked her over, twisting, bending and crushing her so she’ll be ready for the rack in a few days! I also sprayed the top most branch with STS, using a cardboard sheet to keep the spray off the rest of the branches.
(All the plants were consenting, as much as plants can consent!!! :blush: Plants were harmed in the making of this true life drama and are now feeding the worms!)

23 Likes

Thanks so much for all your hard work with sharing your progress Sebring. I’m super bummed they aren’t the autos we were both hoping for. I have about 15 seeds left to pop. I’m thinking I might save them for the outdoor season.

Do you predict there will be any quality flower produced? I still would love to make this work.

And here I was dreaming of two-month turn around CBD. Guess I’m going to have to take good care of my last two Candida seeds from MMG. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I believe there will be quality flower with a similar structure and density to what you get growing most sativa dominant hybrids.

4 Likes

planet green toe named a cookies cross robin williams. meh…

3 Likes

Should I just call them PA f2?

1 Like

Call it Mrs. Doubtfire …lol

7 Likes

:point_up: I second this! :point_up_2:

It works on so many levels. You think it’s a little old autoflower and BLAM Five foot Seven and built like a linebacker.

8 Likes

Once some room frees up I’m going to buy seeds for doing a seed run of Dinafem CBD autos, so I can give away what people are actually looking for. I might even try crossing them just to see what happens.

13 Likes

Now I have to have some, I guess,since I named it…

4 Likes

Maybe we can get a cartoon-granny-tranny image in there? … :thinking: :joy:
:older_woman: :smoking: :unamused:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Just put a banana at the bottom of the leaf in the logo…hahahahahaha

3 Likes

You crack me up! Its got to where when I read a thread now I am anticipating a quip from @cannabissequoia!

5 Likes