Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

I kept some BIG ASS stems from my current screen. Since screen was 10 inch’s off the bucket tops, no walking sticks, but want to try and carve a pipe out of one!

4 Likes

It won’t work the way you think. The cannabis stem is so lacking in density that it won’t absorb any heat at all. You’ll end up burning your lips trying to smoke out of it. Trust me.
I’ve spent years trying to “up-cycle” my stems into something useful and the only way ended up being the “soak it in epoxy” route, which makes it unusable for anything but artistic projects or mulch.

I’m trying to think of what cool stuff it would actually be usable for, sans epoxy… insulation, adobe, hempcrete… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

Nice man looks great. I’ve also made a walking stick. Yours is better than my attempt hahah

4 Likes

Pictures!
Trust me, the first half dozen I made were not that good.

5 Likes

The wood naturally chose this face haha :v:

19 Likes

That’s pretty cool looking! It’s got that witch doctor shrunk skull vibe going for it. :grinning:

6 Likes

:v: NorCal love

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Haha! After my harvest this year, I can probably mail you a 6 foot stem!

10 Likes

Good and maybe good news?!?!
My romantic life is progressing and I need to find a distributor for sebringseeds.com

I can still do the seed runs, negotiate for the shipping of donated seeds & even maintain the website. However, I need to separate myself from the packing and shipping portion.

I’m close enough to her that her child could be at risk if the distribution portion led to legal inquiries; a very remote possible, but still one I’m not willing to risk for the sake of her child’s safety!

:pray::heart::earth_americas:

22 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat: Stay focused man! :astonished:

:laughing: :wave:

Put that offspring to work stuffing envelopes. Win win. :wink:

Or even yours…doesn’t he owe you one?

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

He’s still dealing with cop issues (and his mother is in the new-ish ex!) so it’s a no-go there.
I’ve got time on my side. It’s going to be 2-4 months before it’s critical. (I’m being all proactive and stuff :wink:.)

8 Likes

I’m glad you asked because I was thinking it hahaha :v:

2 Likes

Related article for the readers among us —
https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/no-till-farming-secrets-to-success/

7 Likes

I like the “Kiss” Method for sure. 30,000 sq’ of canopy!!! Holy bejebus

4 Likes

Yeah that was a good read, not sure I agree with the bug philosophy, if the Borg showed up, but I get where he is coming from.

2 Likes

Essentially we’re taking it upon ourselves to become “Mother Nature” when we do what we do, so I guess it would make sense to go all the way.

We wouldn’t have seen the evolution of growing weed we have, especially in the last 20 years, without people pushing the envelope, or just doing what seemed like really dumb shit at the time and finding it was a good thing. As for me, I’m the world’s laziest grower and quite happy to dig a hole in the backyard, stick a plant in it, and let nature take it’s course. :confounded:

6 Likes

My poor ReikoX auto’s I have outside are getting beat up a bit. I don’t want to spray them as they are budding up now.

I used to do gorilla grows in the UK, and leave 60-70 plants alone, stick them in and come back in 5 months, there is safety in numbers lol. I still kind of have that mentality to growing outside. These ones are getting some extra nutrients from cover crops and teas. So long as it’s not a mite infestation they will probably have to fend for themselves bug wise.

4 Likes

I have a lot of bug predators in my garden this year… so far spider mites are far and in between.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear, I expect there are in my yard as well, I see a lot of jumping spiders, as well as garden spiders, not seen many Lady bugs this year, butterflies are way down in numbers again this year as well. We get a lot of insect eating birds here. When I checked them on Sunday I was half expecting to find aphids, but was pleased there were none. My tomato plants are unscathed as well so far.

4 Likes

I have a lot of wasps and ladybugs out there. I leave all the spider webs despite my fear since I got bit by the black widow and I have a few munches here and there, but so far it’s been pretty darn good this year since I killed the spring earwig invasion that killed most of my seedlings.

9 Likes