Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

looks like a fun visit with nice people

6 Likes

Wow that looks great, I know what you mean about anxiety, when dealing with other people’s money and possessions.

On the occasions I would get a paint job for a 20,000$ motorcycle, and halfway through a 40 hour paint job and I start to second guess myself and doubt my abilities, it can be very stressful.

There are no guarantees in life, you just have to trust you done your due diligence, and keep communicating with the customer and work with them, so its exactly what they want or need, which is what you are doing.

Power to you man, just keep moving and making connections, doing the things you love, let the universe work out how to connect the dots it will happen.

People will know you are the right person for them, beacause of your beautiful energy. You’re doing this for all the right reasons, not just for a $. People feel the love you put into your work.

Trust and Believe.

16 Likes

@Sebring awesome shout out from the community here in an Autoflower video from Shango and Dude Grows picked it up as well. I hope this helps us over grow the world!!!
https://youtu.be/q6MU_shSrpw?t=21:01

7 Likes

Iv posted a vid of Gabe Brown in one of my threads regarding this articles solutions worth a watch if ya get a chance!

5 Likes

:santa: @Sebring Did you manage to get Santa’s autograph?! :joy: :pencil:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

ha ha ha rofl nice one - good friend to have right !!??

3 Likes

Heh, he hides in a greenhouse in the off season. Nobody ever thought of looking for him there. lol

4 Likes

SHOULD BE PROUD MAN!!! GOOD WORK BRO!!! This is a complete sentence…

5 Likes

So ive been trying to follow along w this thread and stay up to date. I think you said somewhere else the Comfrey is really invasive so you have to keep it in pots, but it makes great tea? Interested to learn more!

6 Likes

Only if you go through the bed with a roto tiller the smallest chunk of root material could start new plants sorry @Sebring for stealing your thunder! Lol

7 Likes

You could put in into a spot that you don’t expect to till up for a long time or never. It stays in tact I believe, as long as it doesn’t get disturbed or partially dug up.

Sebring can give more detailed info. The leaves are good to use for compost type teas to feed the plants.

5 Likes

So no-till you’re all good! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yup plus 20 characters iv heard that’s plants can seen roots 10’+ into the soil it ya ever dig one up it’s beilievable seen 2” roots in those more mature plants

2 Likes

Once planted it’s probably going to be there for the life of the plant so make sure you want it in its final resting place!

1 Like

I watched it and grinned ear to ear! If the number of orders I’ve gotten in the last week are an indication, I’m about to start my next seed mother run and I need to do about 15+ of every autoflower I can! I’m very excited to do exactly that!!!

Exactly!!! I have faith that by listening to people and giving them what they need that I will be taken care of as well. 10 years going and it’s never failed me yet. Usually it’s a crowd of people wanting to help me, which is a world apart from before where I was begging for help.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Comfrey is pretty amazing stuff. It has 16 of the 18 essential nutrients that other plants need, so it makes a great plant food. It decomposes easily, meaning you can toss it in a bucket, cover it with water, add LABs or EM1 or IMO and leave it out to break down in a couple weeks; then just water your plants with it.
You can dry it and use it in a compress for cuts or bruises. You can steep it as a tea and drink it. The stuff is damn near unkillable and just grows back like it’s Wolverine with super healing!!!

If the roots go undisturbed it will spread a little bit, but won’t be a hassle. If you till it, then you just create a zillion more plants. If you need it gone and avoid tilling them you can dig down about 2 feet and gently pull the roots out, harder than it sounds; after which it won’t come back. The couple feet a new shoot would have to get through is too much for it to cope with, so it’ll die off.

20 Likes

Continued from:

As I found my way to the hemp party, I couldn’t help myself and had to sneak peaks at what was in the greenhouses. Most of these are clones of the Sebring’s Revenge!

Finally, I found it and spent the next couple hours so entwined in exhilarating conversations that I was distracted from hunting through the plants. (See the photos in the first post.)

Matt Creek, their lead guy and my buddy, gathered us all up during a break in the rain. He was really excited to show us the plants, and to show me the other cultivars he was working with.

As you’d expect, it didn’t take long before I was teaching the whole group about how no-till practices can actually eliminate most of the work they’re doing now with cutting cover crop. That of course, led into a discussion of how no-till practices synergism with feeding the soil microbes regularly and how it leaves the soil fungal-root networks fully active and intact during the growing season.
If you don’t want your soil to gimp, remember to crimp!

Matt’s face says it all! You can tell he is soaking it all in. :grin:

Next, we went to look at some of the outliers from the First Aid crop he’s testing. There was a lot more variability in it, so we had to look at a bunch of them. (The Sebring’s Revenge was VERY consistent.)

Matt told me they already have rooted clones from the best examples of each strain and they are in the process of making feminized pollen from them. They will be seeding the entire crop and will be giving me a bunch of seeds from the very best plants! I told them how much I appreciated their scaling up of Natural Farming and encouraged them to maintain the No-till Living Soil discussions with me, so they can work towards being a closed loop system. They were really excited about it.
I also told them that I was giving them permission to do whatever they needed to do to maintain the farm and improve the genetics; including selling feminized seeds to other farms! They said they’re expecting to create about 125 pounds of seed from the crop this year. I let them know that I only give large quantities of seeds to people like them (amazing people with limited resources that just don’t have access to good genetics) and to home growers. I never sell or gift to commercial markets, which means they get to work their market share without either of us interfering with the other. They also agreed to let me give away and breed with the other strains they’re sending me seeds for! I’ll be working on some crosses with them in the near future with both of us sharing knowledge and receiving input from the each other. I’m really excited by how open hearted and community focused they are!!!

Afterwards, I took some photos from in the field.

And photos of some of the food crops they’re growing. Everything is just a paragon of healthy plants!

They also agreed to accept a bunch of Earth Lover auto CBD seeds, which they’re going to grow in between the photoperiod plants! I also met another local cannabis farmer that will be receiving a bunch of seeds so she can follow the example set by Beaver Creek Wind farms!

On Sunday, I attended a KNF community group near Seattle and had a blast teaching local growers about how research backs up the whole soil-food web concept at the core of KNF. They were blow away that they had intuitively come to understand how to nurture soil and that the results they were getting was actually backed by science!! (Always a great feeling to have.)

Okay, enough rambling, back to bucking seed mothers and sifting seeds! Lots of people praying today is the day seeds arrive. :blush:

32 Likes

Hey @Sebring,
When you get a moment, IF you get a moment, Can you pop over to @Meesh’s Garden thread? I posted some stuff on what I am going to try to do, and I would like to get your input, if possible.

3 Likes

are those Baked Beanz First Aid ???

tell me more !

2 Likes

Awesome to see @Sebring! Man, I’m very excited for you. I’m so glad you got the opportunity to follow your dream, and a worthy one at that. I’m watching you and trying to learn all I can so I can start teaching others.

Community. What a great word. peace

6 Likes

They acquired the First Aid from a source out of Mendocino, CA.
From seeing them I’d say they’re a bit farther into being inbred for commercial use.

2 Likes