Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Aw yeah @Hemp you got the Chemhaole! That was the first strain I grew, alongside Hazeman’s LA Pure Kush. I’m not sure how much of it was being my first grow, but compared to the LAPK I found the Chemhaole to be highly variable phenos (LAPK is a BX4 so I would expect that), and they stayed pretty short and bushy, lots of defoliation to open them up. That said, they took off in flowering and made some really lovely buds. Yield was ok, quality was fantastic, small but rocky and sticky nugs with a good calyx to leaf ratio. That beef stew tasting note is 100% accurate, there’s a weird meaty creamy truffle sort of scent after a long cure I found pretty addictive. It’s an interesting polyhybrid, I could definitely see the Afgooey in it, and the White Cherry Truffle is probably where the creamy is coming from. Nice high, pretty balanced and probably slightly indica dominant. I went wild with buying beans over the pandemic, but I’d still consider giving that one another run because it was so distinctive, and the breeder @Guammainian seem like some nice folks.

2 Likes

Ive had good luck with Rocket seeds. 100% pop on the seeds, fast easy pay and fast shipping.
Not as good of luck with dynafem, 2 out of 10 popped on the banana blaze, and 0 of 5 on purple kush.

3 Likes

I’ve been using Great Lakes Genetics lately but there’s more US based seed banks. I just got an order today from GLG.about 2 weeks start to finish. DC Seed Exchange is another ive used.

5 Likes

Folk, I’d suggest to everyone to avoid Greenline Organics (GLO). It appears that they have gone off the rails once again and Luis has gone missing.

Site is still on-line. It is unclear if they are still issuing invoices. If you have a pending order that has been paid and delayed, you may want to consider a chargeback if you’ve received no recent communication from them.

15 Likes

Hembra Genetics is pretty damn good as well. Very professional, quick with sending me my seeds and throw in freebies and stickers for my slap wall. Company run by women as well fyi.

5 Likes

Can’t recommend headiesgardens enough. Cheapest prices on good genetics. I think shoe runs the operation himself so shipping is slow. Great guy to deal with.

10 Likes

Hembra genetics, dc seed exchange are my go tops at the moment! And yes be careful with glo right now I just did a chargeback with them. It’s been 2 months and no response since his supposed closing shop stealsss.

5 Likes

I bought a pack of seeds recently from inkognyto genetics through his email. I bought one 10 pack of fem seeds and asked if I can do a mix n match 5 of one and 5 another. So he sends me a full pack of both strains I wanted fuckn awesome if you ask me.

He was a member here but I don’t think he’s been active on here for awhile @inkognyto

8 Likes

Damn so sad Cannabiogen is closing down. I need some Destroyer seeds ASAP!

Charlie was a cannabis pioneer in a lot of ways.

10 Likes

This is regarding “united seed bank”

Hopefully someone else has ordered from them and can tell me “man they’re good and will replace them”:sob:

I’d like to edit to say they this: they talked to beleaf (apparently it was his fault idk) and they were going to send another $100 pack of trufflethermia but he’s out so he’s sending $200 pack of truffle remix. We will see if they’re good on their word. The in house- color of space was fine so :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Pacific Seed Banks Maui Wowie was supposed to be a photoperiod but ended up being an autoflower. Someone on here also stated that they ordered photos and got autos instead. Damn, never again.

3 Likes

man, i’m sorry you were ripped off like that. i’m surprised pacific seed bank is still able to operate. obviously they generally come near the top of search results when you’re looking for seeds. so if you don’t know what you’re doing (which many people shopping for seeds through a google search don’t, obviously), then it’s so easy to be duped by these guys.

but i keep seeing stories like yours where people will get seeds from pacific seed bank, but the seeds are more than likely not what they ordered. how are they still in business? maybe it’s a rhetorical question.

3 Likes

Just wanted to report a good experience with Cannapot.com. They are based out Austria. I got a 6 pack of Original Delicatessen Lilly and they threw I an single fem Mandarin Punch from Sensi seeds. Good stealth and they have alot of the more underground EU breeders who are doing legit breeding. I would order again.

13 Likes

I too had a professional experience when ordering from cannapot. I ordered Ace Seeds from them last year from them before Ace had United States distributors like they do now.

3 Likes

Is there actually anyone in the US that has a decent selection of Ace gear ? All the UK banks refuse to ship in original breeders packaging . I’ve only been able to find one bank in Spain that will ship in original packaging . I don’t trust Seedsman nor SHN , as both have been less than honest in the past . Sure will be nice when one can order direct . As I;m an old pensioner I can only afford to buy during sales & promos , a few packs at a time . I don’t feel that to expect EXACTLY what I paid for is unreasonable . To get jerked around with subs by greedy assholes aint .

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck recently with Hembra, they had the Humboldt seeds I wanted…. Fast shipping, generic outer package, seeds in breeder’s packaging.

1 Like

Just want to say brad at hemp depot is a stand up guy. I have had him reship a lost package and he sent me new seeds when i had poor germination rates that were probably my fault not his

5 Likes

They have a good rep and just started selling Ace, and the prices seem reasonable.

5 Likes

Cannapot is also the distributor for Fleur Du Mal in the EU, which is a good opportunity for Euro heads to get some of Baudelaire’s heirloom selections, and also just a good vote in their favor that someone so choosy about who they sell through uses them.

4 Likes

https://www.seedcellar.com/brands/ace-seeds/

From ACE Seeds newsletter:

Hope it helps

4 Likes