Seed Junky Genetics - Wedding Cake Grow Show - Will it Herm?

I hope they turn out no matter the price if you walk away with one plant that is what it is your lucky. Dont matter what seed company its a gamble roll the dice its all about the pheno you get wish all the best luck cheers

4 Likes

Damn I’m curious to see this go down for sure, gonna hang out and watch the show if that’s cool :v:t2:

4 Likes

brings up a good question.

what if you were a novice and you found a seed that gave you the best stuff you ever grew…super dense, frosty, sweet, funky, easy to grow, high yielding buds but…with about 10 seeds per 1/8th and mediocre high??

i know how id feel about it but to some people that could easily be worth a $500 pack

just kinda depends on your goals

8 Likes

I’d likely be calling it garbage and finding something else to pop.

If you’re not selling it, the high and effects are really all that matters…

9 Likes

How I imagine “breeders” realizing they can charge 500$ for a pack of seeds and people will still buy them if they market (shill) hard enough on Instagram.

No pack of seeds is ever worth 500$ IMO. Maybe legit space weed from Pluto…

13 Likes

Hope you got
Your ball rubbed for
That price

6 Likes

seen many seeds apck go for $500.00 to $1,500 - This really blows my mind my limt is $100.00 or so, paying more the seeds haveto give me more than a “high” !!! what ever that might be, maybe they grow a money tree - in that casse I want one but ony a tree that grows $100,00 bills

2 Likes

I grew some LA Kush Cake, and so did a buddy with no issues. My buddy found a keeper out of 3 seeds.

I know some people have found an occasional herm in the LA Kush Cake. Another buddy did not want to risk it so sold me his pack. I’m glad I have it. Full disclosure, Jbeezy is a friend. I’ve mentioned this in other threads, the breeders are not the ones making $500-$1000 a pack, it is the resellers. Breeders might make $150-$250.

Any of the Cookies, Chem, and really most strains can herm. I can no longer afford, or choose not to afford, the seeds now priced at this level. But, if a commercial grower can find a keeper or two in a pack, and then the product commands a higher price, it may be worth it to them to hunt a pack even with the risk.

@Purple-N-Hairy my guess is you won’t have any problems, and will probably find a couple keepers. Good luck, and I am enjoying following along.

A couple pictures from the new Jealousy line.

London Pound Mints x Jealousy

Rippz x jealousy f2

Jealousy

21 Likes

His gear was herming from the start at the old CC club is it where it all started.
That’s where he got his start fuckin nuts then even at 150 when he started.

11 Likes

Is it one and done? I’ve seen a few bananas and plucked them. Finished the run. Even ran the clone never to see another banana . Wouldn’t breed it but was nice smoke, I kept around for a bit. ( cookies and cream and jelly pie 2 i can think of ) .

I guess a few week 6 bananas are a totally different story than a full blown she/he with nuts all over the place .

Regardless 500$ u.s. money is like a small fortune to a canuck . Shouldn’t have to go over every plant weekly … giant p.i.a… BUT I wonder how much has been made off selling cuts of the “wedding cake” jbreasy cut .

7 Likes

You can usually expect a few nanners at end of run, plant is trying to reproduce itself knows its cycle is done.
But full blown balls no reason for that shit other than either breeder or grower error but this has been a longstanding problem.

So people must like it :thinking: and I’m being sarcastic here

10 Likes

I have some HpLVd x Hermie seeds for sale, only $1000 USD :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

22 Likes

First in line buddy DIBS

6 Likes

So I garden quite a bit as well and am always on the lookout for new tomatoes varieties to grow tomatoes. Lets just say that creating a new, stable, tomato variety is much harder to breed than the polyhybrid x polyhybrid f1 style of most modern cannabis breeders now days. I understood why cannabis breeding was expensive when it was illegal everywhere, but the game has changed. I can buy a new for 2021 variety of tomato for 4.50$, I cant understand why people are willing to pay 10,000% more because they are cannabis seeds instead of tomato or cucumber. Scarcity of cannabis seeds is largely made by the breeders themselves and peoples reluctance to f2 things out of misplaced (IMO) ethics. Even at lets say 100$… 2-3 pollinated plants can easily produce 10,000 seeds for a take of 100,000$ based on 10 seed packs. If breeders are making that much they should at least be making sure these lines are stable.

12 Likes

It’s no secret I’m not a junky seed boys fan. It’s a bunch of over priced hype genetics imo. I’ve grown quite a few of their strains and I would say some of them are ok at best. Wedding cake wouldn’t make it a second round in my grow. Finnicky plants with weak spaghetti stems. I wouldn’t even consider growing it outside. Definitely indoor, boutique strain.

@comcus commercial growers are just looking for 30% thc strains. That’s the only thing that sells. You don’t need to spend $500 on a pack of seeds to get that, and you aren’t going to command a higher price because of it. Most patients walking into a dispensary have no idea who junky seeds is, or really any breeder for that matter. They just want to know what the strongest stuff on the shelf is. A lot of states, you aren’t even allowed to smell the weed before you buy it.

14 Likes

That’s Illinois for sure, can’t look/smell nothing before you buy it, If you’re lucky there’s a bud pic on their website or leafly… You can’t even open the bag in the store after you do purchase it.

@TropicalWave
To be fair… the companies like Burpee selling packs of seeds for $4, are making like 100,000’s if not more seeds at a time. But I totally agree regardless, no seed should be as expensive as cannabis seeds are. Some of these guys are getting $50,000+ plants for a couple months of watering, its unreal.

9 Likes

I think the value of seeds is related to the value of the crop itself. I can get a pound of tomatoes for $4‐5. Even on the low end a pound of cannabis is $400-$500 wholesale. Like has already been said, this high cost is mainly due to prohibition.

16 Likes

Your right I was being slightly hyperbolic… there are other factors that bring down the price of new types of fruit and veggie seeds like government grants for plant research for sure. But to me 99% of the value of any crop comes not from the genetic potential of an embryo but rather the water, energy, and resources used to see that potential to fruition. The cannabis seed bubble will pop eventually.

*My username always get people :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They’re working with cookie fam, whose entire business model is hype, overpricing, and working exclusively with cuts of unstable polyhybrids (which itself is a way of protecting their genetics from distribution/slowing the distribution of their genetics). Is it any surprise that someone working with Cookies would have lines prone to herming? GSC itself is born of a hermed Cherry Pie kush that sold well.

8 Likes

That is where I grabbed the LA Kush Cakes. So far not a single issue with any grown by me or a buddy.

So far, knock on wood, I have not had any issues. Here is an LA Kush Cake and Wedding Cake F5 from the last run.

LA Kush Cake

Wedding Cake F5 made by a friend

16 Likes