Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

Update time!

Now we are at bud set (stretch ended) I cut off the very tip of every bud so now they can put their focus on widening since they can no longer elongate…not much is taken off just a couple pistils and the tips ~1/8-1/4"

F2’s…Week 5 of flower

Big girls…Week 5 of flower

Sip girls…Week 7 of flower

Making progress :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

I have not heard of this before… Interesting idea. Is this something that is better suited to certain strains or morphological types?

10 Likes

Its a very old technique I learned back in the early-mid 80’s when it was absolutely needed…its best on Sativa’s and land races though I routinely do it on all my plants when I do bud runs plus tt adds ~10-15% more weight while controlling shape a bit

Haven’t done it on a auto yet as I just got my confidence up growing them though I will with the ones that are going outside as soon as it warms up enough to take advantage of all that free light…we will be up to ~19 hrs in 5 wks - gotta get them started by Monday :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Yeh it’s good for using on foxtail strains as well I only learned about the tip cutting about 4 months back but I’ve not employed it yet so will keep an eye on how they come out!

Looking strong though :muscle:t2: Even the 5 week lot seem to be flying!

7 Likes

Won’t it still be freezing there next week? We’re getting longer days here in southern Canada, but it’s still hovering around 0c. I don’t put plants outside until June 1 here!

4 Likes

Hola @beacher

Yep I am in Qc and there is still snow

in my back yard. Usually at this time

its all gone but this yr its longer

but no worries we will plant no matter what

Bare

8 Likes

I haven’t heard of that technique either. Sort of surprised being how we always pinched everything in the old days. I never pinched my buds, though. So, it stops the bud from stretching but the plant could continue or does it stop all stretch? I have a couple of strains that foxtail sometimes. That’d be cool to arrest that.

peace

3 Likes

I believe you want to do it if your buds are airy and long/ you want to stop some from reaching the light and encourage the lower growth to catch up and even out the canopy is what some are saying but then MOTR says she gets 10-15 % more buds so…

https://overgrow.com/t/backfilling-buds-by-trimming-the-tips/18859

Edit note: the link did not update and shows a pre-edited version of the dialog

4 Likes

Thanks for the link. That should do it!

peace

3 Likes

You still feminizing these or are they destroyed?

3 Likes

Oh ya! I usually start them ~mid may then they stall out and finish ~the end of August…sad little things. Here’s a couple of the better one’s from last year…

So after picking the brains of locals, it was suggested to try to have them finishing around Summer Solstice (~June 20th) so they spend their vegging and stretch time under “ideal” conditions then bulk and finish up outside. So I am going to start the 1st round on 4/20, harden them off to outside starting the 3rd week of May so they “should” be done the beginning of July…the 2nd and 3rd round will be 2 wks apart after that. At the end of the season I can then evaluate what time frame performed the best.

It doesn’t stop all stretch though does make the plant focus on widening instead of elongating so the buds are more round instead of pointy…some strains are just prone to foxtailing. This is more intended to reel in the whispy, fluffy Sativa types though I suppose it would stop foxtailing out of the top with the growth tip removed

Yup! I just routinely do it as most of what I grow are Sativa/Sativa dominants…I like the rounder buds siting in my jars with a bit more density of ~10-15% which is really negligible when your getting 4-5oz plants without the method anyway :wink:

I destroyed them when Bodhi asked us to not continue with the DBHP and was kind enough to give the green light to distribute what we already had packaged up

15 Likes

Sounds like a good timeline. That Brooklyn sunrise is gorgeous!

4 Likes

@MomOnTheRun nice crystal cover on the leaf surrounding the bud site for week 5. That’s when ya know they are going to be reallly frosty!! :+1:

8 Likes

Definitely getting there :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I do have new pics though they are real crappy dark and not much has changed in the last few days though I did pluck a couple leaves that were dying off the F2’s and came across a real sweet scent…can’t place it other than that at the moment being a lot different than the musky odor the girl (and her clones) have been giving off. I am kicking myself for not cloning these to track it down better though that’s what the winters for :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’m kinda confused…is DBHP mom… pipeline hp, or straight dragons blood,

6 Likes

the dbhp is one of bodhis few worked strains. If I remember correctly, the line started when he popped a ton of pipeline hashplant seeds and found one male with blood red sap. bodhi concluded that either the pipeline hashplant had a hawaiian strain known for this trait called Blood deep in it’s genetics, or at some point it had simply cross pollinated by blood plants from another grow on the island. I think at this point he started calling it dragnsblood to differentiate it from the hawaiian blood.

If I remember correctly, he selected this plant and bred more pure pipeline. Then he selected a female from the subsequent generation that had the same blood trait. I think he out-crossed that female to the 88g13hp at that point. Since then he has been working that line to increase the dominance of the blood trait, I believe the current packs he is selling are at f4.

The information can be found spread across several years in the bodhi tester thread on another old forum, if I can find it I’ll post a link once they finish their site upgrades and reopen publicly. Bodhi also covers this in one of his interviews, but I can’t remember which one.

11 Likes

DBHP is Dragon Blood Hashplant :wink: I am growing out all but 1 remaining clone from the only girl in the seed pack from back in September-ish as well as 4 girls (out of 10) of the f2 seeds I distributed

Cool history!

Please do

14 Likes

Alright, I finally got decent pictures for this weeks update…

F2’s… end of wk 6 of flower. I have pinpointed 2 of the 4 with the sweet sugary scent (1st 2 on the left) though still can’t narrow it down to what it resembles

Big Girls…end of 6 wks of flower

Sip girls…end of wk 8 of flower

Big or small, its looking like they will easily go to 11-12 wks

16 Likes

Many they’re looking dank! Still have a ways to go, huh? I have to go and look at my second two SSDD. The first one is a pretty male but (heh, pretty doesn’t sound right for a male…lol), so I dropped two new ones. Damn if they don’t look male’ish a little too. I fed them yesterday and took them outside for a field trip. Trimmed them up and got them some fresh wind and intense sun and we went back home. They me be showing soon now. Everybody perked up with their first good feeding.

Have fun! peace

7 Likes