Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

Hey MOTR, I think I have most of what I need to build some sort of rain gutter garden. I just bought this place last summer and still going over all of the things the woman who lived here, left for me to use. I have enough rain gutters to do one and I found some PVC. I still have to do more detailed reading on the construction and I’ll need to come up with some wood.

I may not get it all up and running for this season, but I’ll have fun building it. I want to install some sort of rain collection system but, same thing, I have to start collecting the components since it’s all being done on a shoestring budget.

Thanks for turning me onto it! Now, I’m thinking of turning my space downstairs into a vertical garden and maybe edible mushrooms, too. Growing outdoors here is a challenge and it would give me a year round income if done right. Lots of dreams… Thanks again for the inspiration.

peace

7 Likes

You could start off in a hard shell kids wading pool for this year then build a nice one as the budget allows. The beauty of it is it can be as simple or as complicated as you want :wink:

This is on my bucket list as well though it only works in the summer months for me so not sure I want to make the investment as pool run off water works just as well

No problem! Sounds like a great plan though start small and work up as you find the tweaks that need to be made to compliment your style of gardening whether inside or outside :wink:

5 Likes

Yep, I’m thinking of trying it all but on a micro scale this year and get my property in shape in the meantime.

I was thinking of just doing a one gutter deal this year. I can scavage up enough wood for that and one would do a lot anyway. It’ll be fun. I already have a SIP bucket I built. Haven’t tried it yet. I’ll put pics up in. few. I did mine a little different than others so we’ll see how it goes. I’m having a blast with it all. I was always a dirt kid! And, now, I know I’m not moving anytime soon either.

Happy spring and gardening ever’body! :vulcan:

peace

4 Likes

Update time!

Everyone is rockin and rollin…the poor tomato plant stretched ALOT and isn’t doing so hot not liking being overshadowed by the bigger girls so I pulled her - i’ll try again when I restart this cabinet in the fall

Sip girls…just about ready at 11 1/2 wks flowering

F2 girls… 9 wks into flower. Their thirst has picked up so added a catch tray under their pots to fill with water to keep them progressing

Big girls…9 wks of flower

Happy growing :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Beauties! How long do you think the f2s will go? Mine are very happy seedlings and growing steadily without complaints.

3 Likes

Whelp, they look at least a month out though don’t let that deter you as they are definitely worth the wait :wink:

They are a bit slow to start though once they reach maturity, they really take off :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nice, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind when I’m finding them a spot in the bud room!

4 Likes

Looking nice. I like the dark colors coming on.

peace

3 Likes

How exciting! At least you get to stagger your trim. Have I mentioned how much I hate trimming? lol I’ve gotten so lazy at it that I wont even trim the bud leaf, I just pull it off as I smoke it. Rage trimming like Argo says…it’s a thing.

So not surprised about your tomato plant. They are just hogs… Can’t even really cut the damn things back either, they just double in size then and really fast. I think I’m gonna have enough tomatoes from my 3 plants to feed my entire block. Not even exaggerating!

8 Likes

Rofl! Ya know, I don’t mind as I get into a zone…almost ocd like though more of a ritual depending on how busy the boys have me running around town so sometimes its a wet trim and bin with newspaper if I have time or whole plant hang and dry trim if I don’t…both are beneficial and makes trimming less brutal having options :wink:

They are light hogs for sure and really stress being in the shadows…I really under estimated how much though as she was the better looking one at transplant whereas her “sensitive” sister was barely hanging on and now is out performing her sitting in my windowsill. She is currently getting hardened off from the cabinets

I do know what your talking about with volume as I have given lots of tomato plants away to those with greenhouses and watched them explode doing 5-10 times better than what I subject them to without one

9 Likes

Whelp, I am happy to report the sip girls are done…they went to 86 days

Took them outside to see them in natural light

After a quick trim to reveal their hidden treasures

Some of the smaller buds are overdone and a bit on the dry side so they were taken off and set in a jar while the rest hangs to dry a bit more over the next 4-5 days or so

24 Likes

Beauty, really nice trichomes on her!

2 Likes

Another week down, ~3 wks to go…

F2’s

Big Girls

Fattening up very nicely :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

How do you manage to keep the same lighter for so long. My friends steal mine or I leave it somewhere. Looking good

5 Likes

Easy, hang around a bunch of non smokers (my kids) or put a lighter leash on it and tether it to the bong or pipe (friends) :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

2 out of 4 are bleeders

10 Likes

Nice! 50/50 from a small sample isn’t bad…least the ones that are bleeding have really dark pigmentation

8 Likes

Lol that’s cool man. Not sure if I should run these… I’ll keep cutting the plants just to see them bleed :stuck_out_tongue: thanks @MomOnTheRun for keeping her around

7 Likes

lmao!!! ahh that’s funny. Nobody’s ever smoked the bud… nobody even knows what it tastes like…they just been making it bleed. lol.

3 Likes

ROFL!!! It is definitely a temptation though I can honestly say, this strain would be ideal for teaching periodic cut backs to increase branching :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes