Seed Run Co-Op Purple Badlands closed

Happy, happy, Joy, joy :stuck_out_tongue:

Lots of orange hairs emerging… such a great sight to see

The boys just don’t want to quit :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll start collecting their pollen and get them ready to be removed on Wednesday

35 Likes

Great job whipping the boys and girls back into shape!!! A lil TLC from Mom is always beneficial hehe…and hell, a lil stress and turmoil early in life isn’t necessarily a bad thing either for most living things. Only the strong survive!!

4 Likes

Play some Marvin Gaye music when the lights go out
Hell thats how must things get fertilized in my time lol
Your plants look amazing
Peace
Paps

11 Likes

Plants look fantastic, nice and healthy.

1 Like

I suppose its been 4 days so more pictures are needed especially seeing how the boys are starting to slow down coming to the end of their life cycle…

Boys

Girls

The boys are just about played out…collecting pollen here/there so the boys will be axed Saturday Night - this song came to mind :stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vF66CsYEnc

33 Likes

Everything’s looking good @MomOnTheRun I’m loving the updates :+1:

10 Likes

I apologize for getting behind on updates…had to patch a few holes in my bathroom wall after my roommate decided to help me with laundry and added too much weight to my wall shelves, celebrated my oldest son’s graduation from boot camp and got him settled into his new duty station in Washington State and just got back home in time to set up the Christmas tree and start the new work week :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, the girls are really seeded now…lights off so it was point, click and hope to get a couple good pictures

I’ll have to add a few bamboo sticks soon to help support their weight :stuck_out_tongue: Aaaaannnnndddd I waited a bit too long to repot the clones that have survived the rooting phase…

Ooops! :stuck_out_tongue:

31 Likes

Hahaha! Ya think? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Very pregnant momma’s…gonna add some MAP (Monoammonium phosphate) mixed into insect frass followed by a humic acid drench in the next week

35 Likes

Who’s the daddy? :laughing: that phrase happens all to often where I live.

6 Likes

Nice looking plants!
Question: why monoammonium phosphate instead of MKP?
Wouldn’t the MAP add nitrogen?

3 Likes

Because my soil needs more phosphorus to balance out the already high potassium levels. Yes, it adds a bit of nitrogen though the amount is really negligible…1cup insect frass + 5Tb MAP for 60 gallons of soil. Now if my levels were reversed, I’d add the MKP mixed with a little ewc and insect frass instead :wink:

12 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, great healthy looking grow MOTR.

6 Likes

Do you get your soil tested, or do you figure the levels by how the plants are growing?

3 Likes

No guesswork… I have the original mix documented in the DBHP thread - last year, I mixed up a 30gallon batch of soil and had it tested. Upon recommendations I added some soil from just inside my properties tree line and had it tested again - salt went through the roof but ran it anyway after a lot of flushing and recommended amendments to balance it out. All seemed well for the 3 grows since then only doing the monthly calmag and humic acid drenches.

I also dumped out the Doc Buds 40 gallons soil I mixed up for that disappointing comparison so instead of mixing up a fresh batch for that pot, I took the tested soil and split it between both pots for the bottom portion and mixed up a fresh batch minus soil from my yard for the top portion following the original recommendations. This way I get a 2nd year before having to have it tested again…i’ll do this in the spring to get a 3rd year out of it before I dump it in another trench in my yard for more perennials which need dividing every 3 yrs and start over again for my indoor pots so works perfectly for me.

Now if I wasn’t ultimately making the soil for my perennials a bit at a time, I would run the test every year and follow recommendations to maintain the nutritional balance in the pots though since I am there is no need for further testing as long as I don’t sway from the original mix and recommendations :wink:

14 Likes

That sounds like a great plan :relaxed:

I’ll have to research where to get soil tested locally.
If it’s affordable it might make sense to test in late veg before changing to flower nutes…

Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

No problem! Not local for anyone outside of Mn though I like to use International Ag Labs as they are one of the few that do not only CEC (Cation Exchange Capacity) and the Morgan test whereas most others rely on NPK’s and ph which is nice though doesn’t give the bigger picture of whats available and what will become available to the plants outside of that moment in time. Plus they give free consultations of what you need to add and why… @Meesh has used them too with more than acceptable results :wink:

9 Likes

@MichiGreen I’m def team AG Labs! You may have seen me taking about them on my grow log! Just keep in mind that it takes some time when you get a test. ie… ship soil there… wait for test results…speak to amendment guy…amendments ship to you (if you use theirs). I did with awesome first year results. I amended my entire backyard with their recommendations. The amendment guy is named Lynn and he was so knowledgeable. He teaches organic gardening as well. This guy, went over every single test result what it meant, exactly what amendment was for, where the organic material comes from and why the soil needs it. Basically, I was super impressed by the entire process. They will get my repeat business every year. I can’t say enough good things about my experience and now my really awesome soil!

8 Likes

Almost 2 weeks have gone by? Fuck! I need to get more on top of this journal - sorry guys. On the plus side, all is well in paradise…

35 Likes

OOH! Pretty! :heart_eyes::gem:

7 Likes