Seeds From Friends

It’s the quirky descriptions and wholesome background of the Bodhi’s that do it for me lol
:sunglasses::joy:

4 Likes

And now the Runtz F2 at around 50 ish days

33 Likes

Metallic dumpster cabbage, huh?! Hey, I know you! Haha Positive vibes…

~nugzz

5 Likes

Runtz looks absolutely delicious!

3 Likes

Haha :face_with_monocle::man_shrugging:t2::joy:

3 Likes

Sakura F2s by @nube Doing really well and getting cloned/flipped soon. Pics are 1-4

No female preflowers yet but also no male preflowers so that’s fine by me

23 Likes

Almost forgot…
A few months back I was gifted 6 Goji F1s by my brother. Only 1 germinated. But wouldn’t ya know, it’s a She! Also getting cloned/flipped soon

24 Likes

Everything looking good and happy. Are you going to pot up those veg plants before flip? They look like they might appreciate it. :wink:

The Runts F2 is blowing up under those new lights. I see your low humidity isn’t hurting them at all. Don’t worry about any leaf edges curling or anything. Since it’s your first time running these phenos, who knows if it’s just those specific cultivars or low humidity or the lights.

How high do you have the lights in that room above the top buds?

6 Likes

Thanks and yes they will be up potted along with flipping.
Temps have been steadier since we last discussed them. Rh is steady at 65 lights out and 55 lights on. Temps are mid 80 lights on mid 70 lights out for a couple days. Weather was great past few days so heat was off in the house but temps are dropping again so we’ll see.
As for lights, they are anywhere from 14 inches from the tops of the tallest plants (Jabbas Stash F2)

to about 18 inches for the shortest DLA 5.
Sakuras and Goji will go in 5 gallons from these 1 gallons so I’m sure they will appreciate that.

16 Likes

That sounds good. Your temps & RH are perfect for veg thru week 5/6 of flower, but since you’re a little later than that on those plants, I would start to scale back the humidity a little bit to 50% or lower so you don’t get any budrot or PM. If you can’t reduce the humidity, add fans so that every space in the tent is getting constant air movement, especially top buds and bottom canopy, and make sure air exchange is near constant as well.

I wouldn’t go any higher with the light. In fact, if people say the light is too close or you experience what you think is light sensitivity, I’d suggest dimming it slightly rather than raising it. The reason is, the more light hits the walls of the tent, the more photons you lose. Walls aren’t perfectly reflective - only about 85% of photons are reflected by the best wall surfaces - so it’s a waste to “hang high and let it fly” if you are able to dim. Keep it as close to the tops as they can bear, and if you have any plants that really hate the bright light, stick them in the corners and rotate other more amenable phenos into the middle.

But right now, I don’t see any issues at all. If anything, your plants are looking better than last round in the few closeups you’ve shown. A+++ from here, Captain Ahab! :pirate_flag: How does it look to you? And are you running any clones of the same strains as you’ve run before making the light switch?

8 Likes

Thanks again and of course I will take heed.
Yeah so far I’m loving the lights and they seem too as well.
The Landos and Jabba are the only ones so far that have grown under both lights. Although this time around they spent about half of flower under hps so I’ll have to wait a month or so for the rooted keeper Landos to grow full flower under LED.

These are 3 of the Landos I kept but I’m leaning hard on # 1 as a keeper OG ( first pic)

20 Likes

Are those bridgeluxe strips? Nice. We have been talking about going that route.

The okclone company has a website that is not working right now. I don’t see any reviews on their genetics, on Google at least. Hard to tell with the reviews here, there is so much competition. In a response they do point out that they have 13 strains in house, but consumers can only purchase 6 of them. Apparently they cater to growers.

To heck with them anyhow. Chillin at OG I don’t need their expensive crap, spidermites or not!

6 Likes

I have vowed away from clones because spider mites destroyed my garden twice! :sweat_smile:
Yes these are bridgelux strips and I don’t think I’d ever go back to hps at home. Thanks to @nube for literally guiding me step by inching step through the build

7 Likes

Hard to say if the lights have changed anything so far, especially given the temp issues you were having last round, but the plants look good from here! :slight_smile: You’re certainly getting a lot more photons in your space and with a better spread. I suspect the far red component of those 2700k 90cri Blux EB3 strips makes a big difference.

It’s been hypothesized by the latest research that the shape changes changes by the color of your light might not impact the stretch phase of cannabis. They think that stretch might happen independent of light color, so who knows if they would have turned out different under the LEDs from the getgo.

I’m glad they’re working out for you. :slight_smile: Did you ever do a full accounting of how much it cost to build those lights? The aluminum was a little more expensive than anticipated, but other than that, it seemed pretty close to the $550-$600 range. And how many watts are they drawing at the wall on full blast?

Also, I think we can all find our own keepers from seeds, and I pay attention to where the seeds come from so I know they are reputable.

9 Likes

Yes, and what coverage area and light strength are you getting? I’m still learning, so this is good timing. I’d like to build in the next month.

Mites suck for sure. They flattened my green beans, tried to kill my tomatoes, and had to fight them on one of my garden spots all year.

3 Likes

I certainly hope you changed your clothes and swapped footware before going in your house.

Wouldn’t of hurt to take a shower also before heading to your inside place.

2 Likes

My general rule is if I have been at one grow spot, shower and new clothes before I go to another. This include if I mow or mess with any plants at all.

I won’t touch my outdoor plants then go mess with the indoor ones. I will make an exception the other way around though. I try to be pretty careful (the mulch was a duh moment). :joy:

3 Likes

Total came out higher because I bought a surplus of some stuff. So the grand total is 718.39 but would’ve been about 50 cheaper had i not bought extra stuff and tools.
Still have to grab a kill a watt meter to see what it’s drawing.

4 Likes

What kind of an area will that cover?

2 Likes

It’s made for a 4x4 but, when turned up to full power of between 640-680w, it’s probably overkill unless you’re 100% dialed in and running CO2. For most people, because of its high efficiency (especially run on 240v power), it’s likely enough to flower a 5x5 when hung at 12" - 18" above the canopy.

5 Likes