Seeds From Friends

What r the odds…I was just wondering how you have been sir !

2 Likes

Looks great and those hands don’t look a day over 60 .

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:Thanks to both of you i am doing fairly good just a bit slower hands are doing just great :mage:

3 Likes

Day 64F
I’ll be chopping these 2 soon

Forbidden Fruit

Nitro Monkey 4

28 Likes

Going to give this Rudeboi OG another week or so to finish.
Unless she was somehow stunted by temperature fluctuations, she’s producing some pretty tiny buds. Resinous for sure. But I’m going to note for myself and others who have her, she should be vegged big before flip.

23 Likes

I’ve read (and noticed on the OG leaners of OG crosses that I’ve grown myself)(Uplift and Imperial Majesty immediately come to mind) that “real OG’s” tend to produce pretty tiny nugs, so maybe that’s not a bad thing? Or not “bad” insofar as it means it’s legit, anyway haha. The nugs look frostyyyyy, if nothing else.

Everything does, really. That Nitro Monkey looks especially delicious haha.

10 Likes

Thanks for the info brother. :+1:

5 Likes

There is a rumor going around that there are black plant seeds to be found. Have I come to the right place? I have a strong desire to grow a pink strain and a black strain. I’ve not found either yet. I have some Cap Junky seeds to trade, please PM me if I’m at the right place and you’re interested.

LDA

4 Likes

Tony Green’s Black Rose…

3 Likes

Day 72 Ethiopian Flame V2

22 Likes

Damn she is looking real pretty :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Gorgeous as always brotha! I’ve noticed similar results to @minitiger alot of the absolutely stellar OG’s do produce smaller buds albeit mostly dense af! I’ve had at least 6 OG strains end up this way over the years. Usually headstash quality though tbh, My Tina had these ridiculously small (maybe large marble size nugs) that were completely crusher skeleton melters with a taste to match, second main pheno of my AOG F3 is some of the smallest buds ever (think ogkb) but absolutely stellar and frosty as can be, even resin droplets at times on a few select plants. Not gonna lie I still wanna run that Rudeboi if I ever get a chance, but I’m partial to kushes

9 Likes

It’s going to be fun watching a bunch of people growing Haze crosses these next few years and not know what the fuck to do.

Also going to be fun watching all the random “breeder” start offering random Haze crosses using poor selections.

I’ll stick to Doc D who’s been working hazes and his Haze male for years.

Sorry for the random rant
Here’s some Ethiopian Flame almost done and Vietnam Black 164 S1 with a few more weeks to go

20 Likes

My Vietnam Black 164 S1 came out very different. Well one did.
One girl came out like normal looking bud, but another had pearl type buds on her, I wasnt able to keep her sadly.
How many have you run, and have you ever seen that pheno in them ?

Hi our Ethiopian flame looks absolutely gorgeous btw ! Nice chunky buds :yum:

Doc is definitely one of my favorite breeders. I was real upset when he moved.

3 Likes

Thank you. I had 3 seeds of Docs 164 s1 and only 1 seed popped. This is her. She produces some amazing effects and smells delightful. She doesn’t get tall but she packs on weight for her floppy frame.

6 Likes

A short story from a battlefield….

The smell of horticultural oil in the air, hands oily and wet, a mad grin on my face. It’s been about a year since the Great Thrip War began. It started with Aphids and Ants as the vanguard that stormed my pots. A short and quick battle led to their rapid demise. There was an ominous peace for several months before the Thrips showed the damage of their leaf pillaging. Their damage was too great as I had become lax in my patrols and they snuck in and quietly laid waste to my garden. Coupled with personal issues at home, the battle was lost.

From the ashes……

While I was down, I was not out. 2 months later I restarted the garden in the cold of winter hoping to get a head start on any future issues.

4 months of peace….

Warmer weather means more insect activity. And my garden is no exception. Another vanguard of Ants led me to increase my spraying but not before it was too late. Maybe they overwintered, digging trenches and holding out for the long fight? Either way, this time I’m not nervous or too much worried. I have an arsenal at my disposal and I’m not afraid to use it.

You could never tell but this is my battlefield.

Long story short, I still have thrips. Don’t ask for clones from me unless you’re willing to take the risk. Sorry to anyone I may have offer cuts too recently. :green_heart:

Also
I’m no author but I’m high as shit off a joint of Bananastan Remix :sunglasses:

26 Likes

Fuuuuuck, dude, seriously? Still? Maybe it’s time to trash everything and give the room a break or something. As far as I know, thrips can’t live if there’s nothing to, uh, live off of. Or whatever. Trash the plants, trash the soil, scrub everything and start over.

Haha, I thought it was pretty amusing.

Except the part about the thrips.

6 Likes

Please don’t trash your plants because of thrips.
Thrips will eat a lot of leaf material, but they don’t leave black shit and webbing everywhere like spider mites do. Or encourage mold like aphid secretions.
I would prefer thrip damage over aphids, mites or powdery mildew.

Ideally while in veg, if you carry the buckets outside and spray the plants off w water in a spray bottle. Blast the plants top and bottom of leaves w a water stream. It will knock off the thrips.
Then really THOROUGHLY fan off or sun-dry plants before putting back in tent.

NOTE: i do not know if thrips will pupate and grow in the soil like other bugs do. But the above method worked for me.

12 Likes

I will never have the resources to start all over again and I always like to have my own medicine. As @BudWhisperer said, they’re almost harmless in the grand scheme. So if I can keep to manageable numbers, I’ll be happy knowing my buds weren’t nuked with harmful shit.

I merely like to remain transparent and show the dirty and evil sides of this hobby :green_heart:

14 Likes

lol, I was pretty entertained by the story.

Having recently gone through cloning, chopping everything and starting fresh, only do it as a last resort. I got way behind schedule on what I wanted to do for the year. Plus, I spent money I was hoping to save. I think you’ve been able to control the thrips before, as long as they’re not crazy outta control, I think you’ll be able to manage them.

I think I remember you saying you’re partially outdoor with your grow, do you think you’re being re-infected from the outside, or inside the grow?

6 Likes