Seeds From Friends

This is how i got thrips. Bringing outdoor plants inside at night for supplemental lighting.

6 Likes

I know you’ve said you aren’t a fan of spinosad, but I’ve found it knocks out thrips really well. Thrips are always around my garden too and i feel like i have to get rid of them once a year or so. If plants are still in veg and inside, you aren’t hurting any bees or smoking anything that has been sprayed by it, might be worth a shot.

9 Likes

Sorry about the battle you have to fight, but that was a damn good story haha
I would have finished the book.

2 Likes

Same. I brought mine in to clone and then all my issues started. Mold was the worst enemy I’ve ever had to fight with.
But bugs AND mold came in with the outdoor plants.

Neem oil definitely fixed my issue tho.

3 Likes

This is most definitely the issue. That and no matter how hard I try I’m never careful enough to get 100%clean before I enter my space. I work in the landscape/ hardscape field, so I’m always going to be exposed to insects. Being broke and busy has prevented me from doing a full renovation to my space so I patch stuff here and there, definitely not airtight against the outdoors.

I’ve used it once already and it was in dead of winter. I feel like I will be incorporating it into the IPM full time. I just have to be careful next time and not be so trigger happy with the spray :sweat_smile:

Im currently using Monterrey Horticultural Oil. I will stick with it for a few weeks and monitor how it does and report back.

10 Likes

That was so well written…. Thrips part blows but sounds like you got er under control. Get em!

2 Likes

Day 12 F for 2x OGKB x Blue Bonnet F2
I was gifted these seeds from @Greasy and they both look really cool.

I’m excited to see how those parents combine

The Vietnam Black 164 S1 is almost done

Here’s a super frosty Key Lime Pie x T-1000 from @iamyou_youareme at day 27F (pic taken yesterday)

smells pleasantly of lemon lime and anise.

23 Likes

Ooooh that last ones smell description sounds heavenly!

5 Likes

That’s awesome :green_heart:
I think mine came out as eucalyptus, but I would love an anise smelling one :drooling_face: She looks gorgeous haha

4 Likes

Day 24 F
Cookie Berry Crunch V4

I love the look of the #1. She has some double serrations

Key Lime Pie x T-1000

21 Likes

Yeah she(#1) does! Edges of those leaves almost look like saw blades!

Key lime pie x t1000 looking stacked over there too! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Day 61 F (pic taken yesterday)
Clusterfunk

27 Likes

Is there supposed to be any significance to the double serrations. I see it from time to time on my plants. Does look cool.

4 Likes

Good question
I’m not sure myself if there is a significance or not
But it’d be interesting if it’s a trait that can be passed to progeny. Make it easier to breed with

6 Likes

On haze and blueberry lines, the double serrations tends to mean it leans towards the Columbian side.
But Clusterfunk is supposed to be chem91 x ghash… There was talk I read about TK/Chem actually being an afghan/haze cross of some kind, or maybe Silver Pearl x Haze from the SeedBank. If that was the case, the double serrations popping up would make complete sense, but if that never happened then… who knows :man_shrugging:

That trait usually passes along in breeding, and can stack if both parents have it.

8 Likes

Long time ago a feller told me that double serrations equals potent cannabis. I believe it to be Bro-Science.

2 Likes

Someone told me a way to tell if you have the true Sativa Santa Cruz cut was that she had double serrations. I think there is another famous cut that has it too, I can’t remember right now tho.

Hoping your girl comes out just as special tho.

2 Likes

Tons of cuts have it actually. I always look for double serrations in older lines, they actually dictate a lot of my keepers . I was taught over 20 years ago now that the doubles were indications of older Afghani genetic heritage. (Now 20 years ago guys also grew start to finish in FL lighting :man_facepalming:t2:) I still continue to look for double serrations and certain shape and leaf size and it’s always paid off for me and my heavy indica tastes. Not even positive what the trait truly means/signifies but I still to this day use doubles and super deep long jagged serrations as a deciding factor .

7 Likes

Very interesting. I’ll have to watch for that myself now as I love indica “traits” as you put it. Those traits being helping me unwind and eventually get some decent sleep. I’m noticing the older I become, the less I’m able to sleep through the entire night.

5 Likes

Day 30F KLP x T-1000 #2 & 3 from @iamyou_youareme

Day 46F #1

26 Likes