Seeds From Friends

How fast are space monkey… I still have 8 in a pk somewhere . I thought they were for outdoors.

3 Likes

If they are from @Vagabond_Windy expect some huge fan leaves and some skunky / trash poo/ petroleum notes from the cross. it grows amazing outside and makes some killer bubble hash. I grew a few in 22 and the rest this year '23, I gave my brother one of them to grow outside as well as he has slightly different weather living 40 miles to the North.

9 Likes

I may dip into the dla 5 S1 and look for a good sativa leaning male to cross with it . I have a pack of bodhis Purple Colombian x Kashmir that may be the perfect pick for a pollen donor

6 Likes

No it’s 8 left in a f1 pk. I just never got to em. Space monkey that is.

4 Likes

Space monkey uses GG4 which in itself can be hermaphroditic in its progeny. But in this case the pack was not labeled as outdoor. Bodhi generally labels packs outdoors for those types of reasons and they’re freebies from my experience.

I F2d the space monkey in 2016 from a pack I bought in 2015. I got it in a BOGO at JBC. My first Bodhi packs. I’ll never forget it :green_heart:

15 Likes

I had a pheno done at 9 weeks but most went 11-12 weeks
Edit: I believe I had 4-5 females in that pack

6 Likes

Columbian x Kashmiri x Afghani sounds fire!!

6 Likes

Mmmmm we love the stank! Thank you again for blessing me with them! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

4 Likes

Well at day 37 F and still no pollen. Gonna call it a bust.

I’ll try again in the spring.

14 Likes

@HolyAngel NL5HSS F4

I plan on flipping them in two weeks

19 Likes

If you pluck the flowers and dry them down, throughly, can you break them open and see any pollen? I’ve gotten this a few times on reversals where they won’t open and drop on their own, but I get some if I pick, dry then shake in a pollen box with a coin to break them open. Must be definitely dry though.

9 Likes

If it were a week ago I might’ve tried that method. But at the moment it just seems like too much hassle. I’ll get off my ass and actually start spraying the reversed female a week or two before the others and not at the same time like I did in this instance

Thank you for the solid advice

9 Likes

Riot is having 50% off reverse spray. Blk fri

5 Likes

Oh nice! Man I totally forgot you started those! They’re looking great! I think I spot one or two with double serrations? Definitely a trait both parents share. The more rounded serrations in the last one looks interesting :thinking: unsure if that’s more NL coming through or not :thinking: regardless, all 3 look pretty similar! Thanks for the tag! Looking forward to seeing how they flower out for ya :relaxed:

6 Likes

Man! So close! looks like he could bust at any day now, but yeah… timing is tricky on the reversals. I think my next one, I’m gonna start the reversal process three weeks ahead of flipping the pollen receivers, instead of two. You always risk the chance that the receivers won’t have enough flowers by then, but you have the option of keeping the “male” in a separate area until they’re ready… hopefully it works out in the spring, because I really love the cut you’re working with :wink:

9 Likes

Oh that sucks the reversal didn’t work out!

This is a good idea!

I know when I tried reversing the TK it took like 4-5 weeks to even begin to get small whiffs of pollen. Most males are dropping loads by ~3 weeks comparatively. Caleb was also saying to try reversing a few clones of the same cut and not just one as even tho they’re the same cut, some will still reverse better than others and may get you more viable pollen sooner. At the least, much less risk of getting no pollen whatsoever :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Day 40 Super Silver Haze F3 #10

Triangle Kush

Lavender Jack

Bubba Kush

Irene on the left , Unknown cookie cross on the right (surrounded by Bandaid Haze towers)

28 Likes

Looking good man! The lav jack is one niiice cut - so loud. I just trimmed up my first go with it, impressive buds, frosty and so loud. Reminds me of some sort of cocktail - loud gin with lots of fruit in the mix or something.

12 Likes

TK

23 Likes

Irene

Bubba

I want to say this is GSC x Afpak but Ive never been 100% sure due to a labeling mishap.

Bandaid Haze 7 on the right
Ix 3.0 “church” on the left

29 Likes