Sensi Seeds Mr nice G13HP

Looking good man! I’ll stick around for the show.

5 Likes

is that the mr nice g13 x hashplant?

1 Like

Sensi seeds lists it as such. Grows almost as slow as GDP.

4 Likes

awesome! will be watching out of likes right now.

2 Likes

It’s all good. Not sure how long this will take.

2 Likes

my only Mr. nice strain i ran, some phenos took forever some were in ten weeks, that was National health service.

1 Like

These are sativa dominant judgeing by the narrower leafs. Hope it’s under 12 weeks.

15 Likes

yes thats why i asked if it was a pic of the hashplant , expected wider leafs however that said I have never had Mr. nice g13 x hashplant

1 Like

For being listed as 100% indica i do hate to contradict Sensi but iam just judging based on what I am seeing. Ive grew some thinner leafed afganis that made me go to sleep so i dunno know until we get to that point.

3 Likes

Right, its early yet and maybe thats how they did look , I appreciate seeing it though!

1 Like

Wish i had more to report on. Not much change ATM.

1 Like

I love the structure of that hopefully nice lady @V4vendetta !!

1 Like

Thank you again for the help. Let me know if there is a pack of seeds you would like to buy. I’ll cover the cost for you.
The favorite has the structure I expected. Whatever it is it will mostly likely be used to make crosses. If I can find a thin leafed male I’ll cross it my heavy indicas.

2 Likes

Don’t even mention it @V4vendetta

I’m as happy as can be, especially when they’re looking that fine !!

I’m lurking around every post you make and will pop in with some happy thoughts every now and then !!

4 Likes

Popping seeds has never been one of my top skills as a grower. Which why i make so many. It would be nice to have more to choose from. But if the thinner leafs ARE dominant then I would prefer to use the recessive trait that seems to be more like what we expected especially if its a male. Iam wanting to cross it with the GDP I just popped. They both are very slow growing and lacking vigor and should make some wonderful F1s.
Thanks @Swe-can

5 Likes

All seeds are not meant to be grown “sadly” so with that said :laughing:
we all are seed killers sadly @V4vendetta some more then others

GDP as granddaddy purple?

That would be something really nice to see… especially by the looks of your girls/boys right now…

G13Hp x GDP = hope is all purple and stinks the whole house down !

5 Likes

Yep GrandaddyPurp

7 Likes

In the mid 1990s Sensi Seeds released a seed variety called ”Mr Nice” as a tribute to Howard Marks when he got released from American prison (1995/1996?). They said it was a cross of ”G13” and ”Hash Plant”. When Howard was released from prison the company known as ”Mr Nice Seeds” (where Howard also would be a part owner) hadn’t been founded yet. In 1995/1996 Shantibaba (the other owner of Mr Nice Seeds) sold seeds through Greenhouse Seed Company. So actually the seed variety name ”Mr Nice” predated the seed company name that would be founded in 1999 (according to their official website) so the seeds ”Mr Nice” from Sensi Seeds is not a pack of seeds from the Mr Nice Seed Company.

In 1995/1996 Nevil was also selling seeds through Greenhouse Seeds and if he made the ”Mr Nice” seed variety for Sensi Seeds he had to either make it before he quit (1994?) or at the same time he was working with Greenhouse Seed Company. Probably (if you want to speculate) the seeds that were sold by Sensi Seeds as ”Mr Nice” came from the G13 x Hash Plant offering that Nevil made for his The Seed Bank (later bought by Sensi Seeds in 1990/1991).

If you followed Nevil while he was online more than 10 years back he told many stories of his old varieties and the names. Hash Plant, along with a few other famous cannabis names like G13 and NL5, were not seed varieties but female clones Nevil used to make hybrids. This means that there wasn’t a ”G13 x HP” pure, as there were no HP male pollen to use. Nevil stated this both in his catalogue (1986/87) and he also confirmed the same when posting online, Hash Plant was offered as a ”pure” seed variety but it was based on first outcrossing the HP to NL1 pollen then using male pollen from that cross to backcross to the HP female. Eventually (2 or 3 backcrosses?) he sold Hash Plant as a ”pure” variety. I believe that the ”88” tag as in ”88G13HP) refers to the 1988 The Seed Bank catalogue and if it does, it means that it is a hybrid using the G13 female and HP x (HP x NL1) (or something similar).

So if the ”G13 x HP” were sourced from seeds Nevil made, they also contain Northern Lights #1. The G13 x Hash Plant x Northern Lights #1 were some really strong cannabis as was the G13 x NL1 and G13 x NL2.

Sorry for the long answer but it seemed that some thought that the Mr Nice variety sold by Sensi Seeds was a Mr Nice Seed Company thing but it wasn’t.

Plants look real nice and healthy, you will know soon enough what you have on your hands, best of luck!

27 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to post @StocktonT!

3 Likes

I’ve had G13 once back in like 2003 and I have zero idea what it may have crossed with to get it, was not an Indica high though for damn sure. Very light, fluffy, sativa style buds and a soaring, slightly trippy, high. Would love to find that again but I feel like the struggle is real with this one.

2 Likes