Shishkaberry Preservation Run, Open-Pollination (CLOSED for sign up)

The Swiss lab (the one shanti was raided in later lol) was during/after the “Federation funk”. Same background, exactly. Seeds disappearing and popping up in a catalog of a new label. With Hemcy as pivot point, again. I got his ST#3 at this point (around 2003).

Damn, three years after … another funk like this with another label lol I wasn’t aware of this. It explain maybe why Steve is so special to deal with ^^

3 Likes

I remember all this BS back in the day…In the CCK description of Shishka he said there was a 3 lb a light pheno. I never found that one! ;). lol

One of my favorite Spice of Life strains from back then was Steve’s Sweet Tooth #3…we had a 42 day pheno that smelled/tasted just like Hawaiian Punch. So good!! Sure miss that one…

Alaskagrown

13 Likes

I actually had a local friend here do a repro of some sweet tooth and he was kind enough to share some of the seeds. I recently went through the seed collection and separated out the stuff I’m most likely to grow sooner than later, the rest of which I vac sealed and threw in the deep freeze for long time storage, that sweet tooth stayed in the seed fridge though!

7 Likes

Hola

Does Steve still work/sale the Sweat Tooth #3
otherwise we could do a run of it.
I have some too

Bare

20 Likes

I have some SweetTooth#3 as well, but from BeanHoarder’s repro ~10+ years ago. Happy to contribute them for a repro.

11 Likes

Breeder steve passed his spice of life legacy on to @Baudelaire of Fleur de Mal seeds. I know he releases Sweet Tooth 4 but he would have to chime in to clarify.

10 Likes

Fleurs sweet tooth 4 is cracker…I uploaded pics to seedfinder
Can’t go wrong with it!

3 Likes

I’d love to see a preservation type run of Sweet Tooth #3!

On a side note if my memory serves me ST 1/2/3 were all backcrosses to the SPG and #4 was a in cross of #3.

What I do have is @eskobar Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Blueberry…basically Sweet Tooth.

I’ve heard the SPG is all played out these days and not really what it used to be…tends to happen with 30 year old strains. Haha

Alaskagrown

14 Likes

Shishkaberry update

After a 24hr soak we got a bunch of tiny tales starting to show.

Moved into a damp paper towel and ziplock with water from the soak…we’ll give them a few days to grow before transplant. Usually I like to see 1-2” of taproot before the transplant to ensure a healthy start.

Alaskagrown

38 Likes

Good luck with those…I do the same…I’m a control freak. I’ve been digging out seeds or breaking eazyplugs open and so on…I need to know🤣

7 Likes

Hope these seeds prosper. Should be popping any time. :slight_smile:
Good to read you

:eyes:

7 Likes

Keel it going bro… I have faith in you!

5 Likes

We have an improved line of Sweet Tooth #4 (October 2024 accession) available at FDMseeds.com but do not have the #3 line that many remember and loved. Our Shiskaberry preservation project is slated for this year.

We split the Sweet Tooth 4 into two lines, a Blueberry bx and a Sweet Pink Grapefruit bx, to breed out the auto-flowering phenos that plagued the strain. The latest accession is the result of that work. So far, very satisfactory results!

peace -b420

33 Likes

Looks like we have 14/15 that have germinated properly with only 1 straggler a bit behind. Its cracked the shell open but not sure it’s strong enough to continue on…

I’ll give these 1 more day in the ziplock before transplanting.

Alaskagrown

31 Likes

Appreciate all your hard work in preserving these classics! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Sweet Tooth 4 you have looks very different in plant growth and structure to what I remember ST #3 being…it had very broad wide leaves and quite a bit more Indica in structure…I might pick up a few packs and give them a go she what’s shakes out. :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

17 Likes

Got all the babies transplanted…took a few pictures of what I thought was everything….nope…totally forgot to take pictures of the seedlings before transplant!? :thinking: oops!!

Needless to say they had some long ass taproots. Ha

Picture of seedling was from a few days ago…I let them go two more days…maybe a bit long. :wink:

At any rate 11/14 have popped up above the soil line and have a feeling the rest will do so by tomorrow.

Enjoy

Alaskagrown

33 Likes

Yup.

Still a bitch to grow and breed, but still around too. The “genius of the new age breeding” still need this kind of genetic to push their “inception hybrids”, supposed to be singular (for fresh stoners only) … in pissing on old breeding practices that have made them ^^ Maybe some oedipus problems not managed, who know. The vault of the SPG still Germany today, and since now ~30 years.

The #3 also suffer from this, but maybe with more resilience. I crossed their path after a few generations, but was manageable. Not the same deal for the specific taste, the fight was bloody.

Wut ? ^^ (ST#3)

23 Likes

Yes that picture reminds me of the ST 3 we had here in AK…looked just like that. :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

8 Likes

Oh sorry, i took the sentence in the reverse sense. My bad.

5 Likes

Yeah was trying to say @Baudelaire ST4 he sells looked quite a bit different than the ST3 I remember…
:wink:

5 Likes