Shishkaberry Preservation Run, Open-Pollination (CLOSED for sign up)

Babies are starting to grow a bit faster…12/14 are up with the last two almost up. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Hope you’re all having a great weekend.

Alaskagrown

27 Likes

Few more pictures for good measure…

26 Likes

That soil looks so good! Is it from outside?

2 Likes

Nope just bag soil from Sunshine…it’s a pretty decent soilless mix. Just something I had laying around so figured I’d use it. :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

10 Likes

Thanks man. I do remember you posted that now. I’ll prob try and find similar by me. Out of likes :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

You can make this yourself. Promix and coco blend

6 Likes

Yes
I usually mix equal parts coco/peat moss then add 30% by volume perlite to the mix…a great “base soil” with many uses. :wink:

11 Likes

Shishkaberry Update

Looks like we have 14/14 sprouted seeds above ground…only 1 that didn’t germinate. Not too bad 14/15 seeds above ground with a little one playing catch up. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

More updates as they come

Alaskagrown

44 Likes

Nice start
Watching the show :popcorn:

5 Likes

Nice score! 3 cotyledons, isn’t that suppose to bring luck? :laughing:

3 Likes

Shit…I just seen @SHSC-1 did a AMAZING Shishkaberry co-op last year including pollen…I guess this will be for anyone who missed out last year! :wink: Hope everyone wants some more Kish…lol

Well done by the way…your plants looked stellar and quite a bit of pollen as well!! :sunglasses:

Alaskagrown

25 Likes

I bet a pack on that! :laughing:

4 Likes

thanx for the mention :wink: ya that was a fun seed increase. The genetics where Ustad Seeds F2 of Shishkaberry 3. The parental selection used by breeder steve to make the shishka 3 differs from the original Shishkaberry and he used the more rank afghani instead of the sweet one that he used for the original. I’m not 100% on the details but there was posts by him I read that were details of his time in switzerland where he was able to grow vast numbers for selection.
So what I am trying to say is your co-op run is the original shishkaberry line so is a total bonus that both the shishkaberry and shishkaberry 3 are getting out to the community. While they grow very similar , I find the shishkaberry 3 line to be more branchy but still pushed that dominant main top. The shishkaberry 3 line seems to produce a lot of aroma , dank sweet, melon, grapefruit, berry but also rank gym socks and earth. Those earthy rank flavors seem to dominate in the flavor profile at harvest but after a long cure… 3 to 6 months in the jar, burping occasionally and the smoke really smooths out.

I’m looking foward to your seed increase of the original line and really glad you have returned!!

24 Likes

I know it’s a long shot but I’ll be looking to track down and inbreed the ultra sweet 42 day pheno that absolutely reeked of Hawaiian Punch…like the Hawaiian Punch guy Hawaiian Punch…it tasted and smelled exactly like that. SO GOOD!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Alaskagrown

P.S.

The above description is for ST#3 and not the Shishkaberry…fuckin stoner I am! Ha

17 Likes

Speaking of…has anyone done a ST3 preservation? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d be one of the ones who missed @SHSC-1 so I’ll be waiting :grin:
I’m glad you showed up, we were all concerned/missing you in your absence. Hope everything is smooth for you now

5 Likes

Appreciate that!

Last few years have been pretty tough all the way around…needed to take a break from growing/breeding after doing it for 30+ years. Spread myself way too thin and everything suffered because of it…

Moving forward.

Alaskagrown

16 Likes

I completely understand that. Been doing it almost as long myself.
Happy your back, hopefully your rejuvenated and rearing to go

4 Likes

FWIW: I’ve got a lot more respect and increased interest in this strain because of your great-run last year.

Thank you for that work and your kind share. -And thank you for the great information and background.

I’ve still got a bit of the pollen from that run I’ve been saving and hope to do something good with it.

The male I grew out a few months back was beautiful. Boo, the calico that lives with us agrees. :slight_smile:

Really nice. Thanks again.

22 Likes

I’m excited to watch this run , good luck @Alaskagrown

3 Likes