Shishkaberry Preservation Run, Open-Pollination (CLOSED for sign up)

Dam well glad to hear you got some more seed on the way . They definitely were past there best before date the fresh ones should grow like wild fire hopefully.

20 Likes

That stink’s! But as long as you get a boy and a big health lady you are golden.

:green_heart: :seedling:

14 Likes

Yeah I’m thinking this will be a multi stage process…

First a seed increase then a larger pheno hunt to move the line forward…we’ll see how this plays out…still way too early to tell! :wink:

Alaskagrown

26 Likes

How you doing man? It’s been a minute… hoping your doing good :+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ditto to that. Would like to run these if not just out of nostalgia.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Never ran it myself, but sure would like to, some beautiful plants in this thread :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Awesome :ok_hand: I’ve never grown this and it definitely sounds like one worthy of preservation! Best of luck with it all mate :+1: I’ll be following this one for sure :v:

6 Likes

I’d forgot about this thread @Alaskagrown hows it going?

8 Likes

Haha that is ironic

3 Likes

Hola Gang

I did sent some extra seed
to Alaska, Never got any
answer since then.
So maybe he has some personal issue
that prevent him to get in touch.

Lets hope all is well

Cheer

Bare

18 Likes

Shishkaberry eh?

I am kinda new here and just saw this thread now.
Shishkaberry was a mainstay in my garden from it’s first release in 98 as seed in Vancouver BC. Breeder Steve himself put those seeds and some DJ gear in my hands that day and I have been lost without the 3 keeper cuts we found over several packs of that first release. I lost my cut in 2005 when I had to quit growing for a bit … a bit that turned into 10 years LOL. Then in 2015 I popped the last of the original 1998 beans I had left and got a male and female. I crossed the female with Ustad seeds release of Shishkaberry 3 f2 and donated a bunch of 25 packs to a seed bank I won;t name. I have kinda put the project on the way side while I hoped to add a genuine 98 vintage cut to the mix to use a few of my crosses males on but nothing so far.
I think I still have enough of those 98 shishka x 2015 shiska 3 f2 that I can use them to select good stock from.
I have a soft spot in my heart for this one… gonna follow along
here’s the 98 shiskaberry female I used in my cross.

55 Likes

okay, looks like its pretty empty in here, gonna put my feet up and watch this

7 Likes

Thanks for posting your experience with Shiska . Definitely a strain worth reproducing if you have seeds . It’s a strain that everyone should at least try from back in the day.

Treated me well for several years when I was only growing one strain not like today with 10 plus strains in the cupboard.

17 Likes

Still no word from Brian @Alaskagrown ??? Anybody?

6 Likes

I just hope all is well and sending good vibes @Alaskagrown way Happy Growing The Doc

7 Likes

Hope @Alaskagrown is doing ok! :pleading_face:

5 Likes

I was wondering why he didn’t comment on the Blueberry Auto he graced me with. Hope all is well with him.

9 Likes

Me too dude, I’m sure he’s got his hands full with all the projects he has planned…:+1:

5 Likes

@SHSC-1 beautiful flowers bro! Like chunky mini trees :deciduous_tree: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Back in the day we ran the shishkaberry in sea of green method in 1 gallon pots where they typically produced an ounce a plant by vegging a fresh clone 10 days and flipping.
The pic I posted was a test to see if that particular cut would behave the same.

Here are some greenhouse shots from 2019 and the plants pictured are the offspring of the 98 Shiskaberry female X 2015 Ustad seeds Shishkaberry 3 F2.

63 Likes