Skunk#1 auto seeds under 300w cfl

Bringing temperature down in grow tent

Can you describe your grow cabinet in more detail and ideally post more photos? So we can give you more appropriate answers…

How is your ventilation system done?

2 Likes

ReikoX has answered your question above:

1 Like

I don’t have ventilation system just using fans inside and keeping top vent open to let some heat out

temperature has dropped to 28.2 humidity is 55% will that be ok

2 Likes

What fans do you have inside?

You can’t simply operate tent like this without active exhausting fan.

4 Likes

Just ocolateing fan wot sort of ventilation would u recommend

2 Likes

So called “UFO” type vents…

If you plan only 300 watts of CFL you can easily do with most basic one (RC 100 for 100mm diameter)…

https://www.ruck.eu/ventilatoren/rohrventilatoren1/rohrventilatoren-ec-motor/rs-ec?filterFrequency=50&filterErP=conform

But in general 125mm diameter is recommended, because you will probably add CO2 filter to get rid of smell and it will create resistance to the ventilator.

3 Likes

@LemonadeJoe is right on the fan, you need to extract it and will likely need a carbon scrubber once you flower.

1 Like

I have got the temperature down to 25.6 rh is at 60 I noticed this morning wot looked like little flies on the top of one of the pots any idea wot they could be I thought it was just bits of dust getting blew about by the fan but wen I knocked fan off they were still moving is this serious?

1 Like

You need to describe them more than just “little flies”. You can start with buying glued cards and make photo for us…

Also check out:

3 Likes

They look like very small grey flies they r that small the camera won’t pic them up but they r definitely some sort of bug

2 Likes

I think they may be white flies they r around the top of one pot but the other one doesn’t seem to have any not that I can see anyway I will get some sticky traps

2 Likes

Put some sticky insect tape found the top of pots seems to have Done the trick can’t see anymore so fingers crossed and on the plus side both seedling r nearly out the seed case can see a little green leaf poking out :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Probably fungus gnats. They seem to come in most bags of soil. Water a little less and sprinkle a little diatomacious earth on the top of your pots. That should take care of them.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice I haven’t Watered since Friday wen I flushed pets before planting seeds checked this morning soil is still moist so left it will check again in the morning before I go to work

1 Like

Is this the stuff u r on about

4 Likes

yes you want food grade, sprinkle a layer on top of your grow medium

2 Likes

So the stuff in the pic I uploaded will be OK? And thanks for the replies it’s my first grow so will take all the advice I can get

2 Likes

You could also use Mosquito Dunks, it’s BTI and it will kill your gnats.

3 Likes

Hang in there @Smokinsammy! Read a grow book or pdf of a grow book for some pointers, and expect a few grows to be learning experiences. Nobody was born knowing all about growing so relax and enjoy the learning experience. Once you get a few grows down it will be easier. You need an exhaust fan and oscillating fan. Your temperture probe should be at canopy height and assume any bag of soil you buy has fungus gnats and learn how to deal with them. If your exhaust fan can be turned up and down that will help you a lot. Keep everything clean including you before messing with your plants to keep powdery mildew and insects away. If you always grow from seed you will also stop a lot of problems from starting by not bringing in contaminated clones. Good luck and feel free to ask my anything anytime you have an issue.

1 Like

Thanks mate that would be great I have ordered a carbon filter and exhaust system and another fan my temp probe atm is at soil level as my plants r just seedlings and have only just started to emerge from the seed case once they develop bigger leafs I will move it my temp is at 26.7 and rh is 60% is that about right I have read a book on indoor growing and read stuff on Internet and tbh there is a lot of conflicted information

1 Like