Skunk#1 auto seeds under 300w cfl

Some peolple flush, some don’t. In my first grows I flushed every time, then after reading a lot I give a try to not flush anymore some plants. As I not noticed any diffence in taste between the flushed and the not flushed I never flushed again.
This is a topic where you will always find some people that do it and some that don’t.
What makes a huge difference, imho, is slow drying. A proper cure also helps.

1 Like

I will upload some photos soon this is my first grow I chose auto’s for there ease of growing and tbh it has been quite easy had no major problems so would definitely recommend growing them

Hi @Smokinsammy

If you’re using soil with Organic/Bio nutes then a flush is not needed, I am chopping today and I always drop off the Bloom and go back to feeding Fish Mix for the last week or so.

1 Like

here r my two auto’s gonna harvest tomorrow

5 Likes

Flushing… hmm… That’s an interesting concept. First, are we discussing flushing it finishing? Flushing would be pouring huge amounts of water through your pots to, hopefully, remove salt build up from over fertilization. Finishing would be giving the plant water only the last couple of weeks to, again hopefully, encourage plant death, AKA senescence.

At this point, you would be best off just leaving them alone. The plants are clearly entering the end of the cycle. The first picture looks like it has some time to go, the second picture looks ready. Notice how on the second plant the pistils (white hairs) have receeded and the cylax have swelled? The other one will do that too if you wait for it.

I would harvest the second plant, the. Just give plain water to the first one for a other week. There is no reason you can’t start some seeds or clones for next round while she’s finishing up.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply yes first pic the plant is a bit behind both were planted at same time but one has developed quicker the other will leave first pic for another week

Plants can only function as fast as their metabolism allows. If you dump a bunch of water on the plant then harvest how can the plant have time to starve itself of nutrients within hours?

6 Likes

Nice, I grew some autos for my first couple grows because I thought they easier than regular plants. I found autos a little more difficult to manage because once you pop them you only have one road to go down. Also I found them a little more difficult to feed also. The most important thing is to have quality genetics to start with.

1 Like

to me finishing involves flushing, at least 3 times very heavily, in the time leading up to harvest so the plant is forced to cannibalize the stored nutrients - if you leave the nutrients in the medium it is eating those and you’ll end up with nutrients left in the plant, but i also feed with every single watering and rarely water til runoff.

3 Likes

And here is Interesting article from Advanced nutrients magazine :slight_smile: Hope its ok to put it here :smiley: Its about their flushing product and man. Its crazy what they tell you. I already bought it and will definetly use it :slight_smile: I Believe in this sh*t :smiley:

1 Like

Autos are great man! Don’t give up. Try photos, try autos, but whatever you do… Don’t stop growing!

2 Likes

A good rule of thumb is to harvest the plants when 20~40% of trichomes are amber and most of the rest are cloudy/milky.

Or at least that’s what i have read.

1 Like

Yeah you need to have about 20-30% of those hairs (what is the word in english? to be brown and orange. Rest of them are still white.

If you want to be even more precise you need to buy microscope and check the trichomes which got drops on the tips of them and that is what you watch. The drops are all clear at start but when they are ready, their core start to be milky and cloudy and that is the most precise method! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You coulda put a light vertical between plants and got better light coverage… but otherwise well done… make sure you dry/cure it right. Happy growing
Gaz

1 Like

Pistils I believe is the word you are looking for my friend :smiley:

3 Likes

thanks @Jellypowered :smiley: I couldnt even find it in disctionary :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive replies I will defo be trying photos once I have used all my auto seeds

2 Likes

well today I harvested my two skunk#1 auto’s with a wet weight of 78.3g it was my first grow so I am pleased I got this far would any body happen to no wot the dry weight might be?? Also big thanks to everyone on here that has helped me along the way I am off to the dam for a few days now so peace out and happy smoking :+1:

3 Likes

Great job! :slight_smile: The dry weight is ussualy about 30% of the wet product :slight_smile: So you should have around 25g of goodnes :slight_smile:

Start another thread for your next grow so we can help you so you will have much more! :slight_smile:

Check this article if you want to know more about harvesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know I’m late to the party but whenever a soil has time-release food in it flushing might dissolve them faster than normal, and raise the nutrient levels, instead of flush them out.
Beautiful plants for your first run. Here’s to hoping they’ll live up to your expectations. :beers:

3 Likes