Slick1's kick in the ass grow

Generally if it’s gonna happen, CS is enough. Your plant is wrecked to the point where it’ll be toxic to smoke now, it’s pretty stressed out already. If you’ve had a bad day with the pittie and think it’ll help, though, I would certainly understand wanting to. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure that’ll work, since the way CS works is to freeze ethylene (female hormone) production it might not be able to form seeds either. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try, not like you’re going to enjoy smoking it much at this point.

edit: duh, of course it’ll work, that’s what selfing is. So yeah, probably the best bet if you don’t get pollen sacs from her soon.

1 Like

Yeah definitely no way in hell I’d smoke anything off her after spraying. I was wondering if those brown pistols would pollinate or not too. Very last ditch hail Mary hopes is that the buds would be safe to make a topical out of, if all else fails.

Maybe I could just let the dog in the grow room for a minute. Just close proximity to him stresses me out!

Yeah but generally to self I think you would treat some branches and pollinate the non treated branches. You got me wondering now.

2 Likes

My KK with STS has slammed the breaks on pollen production!? It’s still growing balls so i’m giving it a few days of sitting around before toothbrushing it again.

:canada: sorry to hear the CS isn’t doing what you had hoped for by now.

2 Likes

I have done it that way, but if you want to reverse the whole plant, you can take a couple of clones. Reverse one and pollinate the other. Same effect.

Too late for that Pennywise, but do you have any interest in trying STS? I used CS at first and had similar frustration to you (although I did finally get some pollen sacs). Decided to try STS, and I don’t think I would use CS again. Now, I’ve only done each a few times, but the thing I hate about CS is having to spray every day.

2 Likes

Um. I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think I’d take the chance without some fairly compelling reason to think the silver wouldn’t come along for the ride… not sure topicals full of heavy metal are better than smoke, or edibles, etc.

Good point, I guess you’re right; it’s either done with parts of the plant separately, or just flat-out clones. And yes, I’m good at getting everyone else confused when I’m confused. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have nothing against the STS, CS just seemed easy enough I went with it. Next time I would consider STS or even that eXe stuff. I don’t mind the spraying every day if it eventually works but I definitely mind doing so for nothing.

I mean it’s gotta be safer than in your lungs! The reason I think it may be ok is that they make bandages and creams with silver in them. Doesn’t mean it’s the same grade of silver or that prolonged casual use it recommended but it made me wonder if it would be ok.

2 Likes

Bro don’t smoke any of that contaminated with the silver that’s a No no

1 Like

Maybe safer than in your lungs, I’d do research before using any, all I’m saying. :slight_smile: Your body, your choice, though…

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t even consider smoking it. Just wondering about using it as a topical.

2 Likes

The first part of that statement is true, silver blocks the ethylene production. But that’s not causing stress, thus a hermaphrodite. The ethylene is the female flowering hormone. In its absence, the plant has no choice but to make male flowers. it’s a physiological response, not a stress response.

Actually, this is because the first feminized seeds were made by stressing the plant, not by spraying with silver.

10 Likes

I did know it was the female hormone… I thought the fact that it couldn’t reproduce was itself a stressor and caused the hermaphroditism, technically speaking. So it’s not a herm response, and doesn’t increase the herm rate in feminized seeds made with silver? That’s good to know.

Does the CS make the treated flowers unable to form seeds, or can you pollinate a plant that’s been fully sprayed down with silver? That’s what @Slick1 is trying to do here, if the plant doesn’t reverse after a few more days of silver. Or is that even possible, for CS to fail? If it’s not based on herming, I’m suddenly not sure how much I understand the process at all…

2 Likes

Yes it can be done this way, though there are fewer seeds and some may never ripen. The problem is the plant usually doesn’t have time to finish the seeds by the time the pollen starts dropping. This is particularly true with autos.

5 Likes

Damn @ReikoX dropping some knowledge. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Yep, in fact you can use it to reverse male plants. There is a cool thread about it on ICMag.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/marijuana-strains-and-breeding/breeder-s-laboratory/95646-male-clones-transformed-to-female-to-judge-male-smoking-quality

Any time buddy. I keep nothing secret except, perhaps, my true identity. :rofl:

4 Likes

@ReikoX is 100% correct. The only way a feminized seed with go hermy (correct me if I’m wrong) is if the mother the seed came from, was, itself, able to hermie. Silver, in no way, will cause the next generation to hermie.

4 Likes

Play Polka music 24/7. That’ll do it in no time!!!
:laughing:

3 Likes

So, if I read that correctly, a feminized girl that was pollinated by another feminized girl that went hermi will have fem seeds that probably don’t have the propensity to herm because the pollen came from another plant that hermied? Please let me know that that is the case because if so I have a bunch of viable crosses that are all feminized!!!
:pray:

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s true because in that instance the seeds are getting half the genes from each parent. If one of the parents is prone to “hermi” then it will be present in the offspring.

3 Likes

This right here. :point_up: I believe is correct.

2 Likes

It would stress me out so I buy it :laughing:

1 Like