Smkn is Back and Rarin' To Grow

I am using the Pro-mix seedling soil is has myco in it.

2 Likes

I also have Pro-Mix organic fertilizer and i bought
some stinky organic soil enhancer

7 Likes

Thats what im using (pro mix) and great white. Next time I want to soak my seeds in kelp water to see if theres a difference.

3 Likes

13 days from germinating seeds and they are really taking off now.

I took some pics out of the tent for a better look at them.MWxCB ,OH,SDSLxGSN,HC all growing uniformed and looking lovely

18 Likes

Going to install the 2 8in exhaust fans in the tent this weekend and fire up the 1000w MH/HPS currently running the equivelent of 3000w in LED and have another 8000w equivelent of LED arriving at the end of the week…Also looking to convert a 6ftx6ftx8ft h closet into a 2nd grow room for seedlings,clones and veg and use the 4ftx8ft tent as as a flower room running 2 1000w mh/hps and use the 11000w equivelent of LEDS in the closet room…the grow tent will have 2 8in exhaust fans @ 420cfm at light level and 1 4in @ 240cfm at plant level exhausting and 1 4in bringing in fresh cool air from a window.should be able to manage the heat.

6 Likes

Anyone wanting to use fabric pots.My dollar store has fabric bags equal to 7gallon pots for 35cent ea and bags equal to 3gallon pots for 25cents each.

cheap alternative to the cost of buying fabric pots.

16 Likes

Having an old wall unit i do not use i quickly turned it into a seed and cutting humidome.i lined the wall unit in silver reflective windshield guard and then layed 4mil poly over it,i have a small cool mister if more humidity is required.Its ghetto but cost me nothing and will do what it needs to.its given me the motivation to grab thin lexxan and mount silver mylar on one side of the lexxan and make a permanent seed and clone chamber box that will have 2 chambers that will be 3ft l x 2ft w x1.5ft h and use led strip lights to save space.

11 Likes

Now that’s thinking outside the box!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Now you HAVE to give the dollar store bags a go - you know - for science! :laughing:
I’d like to see how they hold up.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

@Gpaw thanks bro ,i plan on trying the dollar store fabric bags vs the Vivosun fabric pots i bought at 4x the cost. I also have 50 each of 1,3 & 5 gallon square poly bags that are black bags on the inside and a white bag on the outside with vent and drain holes to try to…back in the old days of OG i bought 30gallon bags of premier super promix,i would cut the bags in half for 2 15gallon bags and punch lots of holes in the bottom for drainage,i placed them on the rich black soil in bullrush patches at the lake,the roots would blow through the 15gallon bags and into the black damp soil,that in turn let them take water and nutrients from the decayed bullrushes and soil and the 15 gallon bag would act as the air root area,worked great for me.

7 Likes

5 minutes running the cool mister and the chamber is nice and humid now

8 Likes

Hard to believe 2weeks ago these were seeds soaking in water.they are in the tent under 3000w equivelant of LED light temp 24c humidity 55% and just got notice from Canada Post that my 8000w equivelant LED lights should be at my door Thursday.Which will come in handy as i have another flat of seedlings in the ghetto dome😁

10 Likes

They are getting so big!

2 Likes

I repurpose stuff as much as possible. Save money where you can, so you have it to spend where you need. I think what you did is pretty good idea. :+1::clap:

4 Likes

@PGT710 have them under 20/4 light cycle,gave them a 1/4 feed of promix organic fert and molasses and they are even bigger today😁

@Old-Ron i hear you brother.i needed a quick fix for a humid dome for the seedlings i started and the clones i am about to take cutting from a couple of clones i aquired,it was a simple quick solution and i had everything on hand.for the price of a dome kit i can build 2 in my wall unit for less…my getto set up is working perfect for now, I call it stoner ingenuity as long as it works and gives us results thats what matters.

4 Likes

I grabbed 50 each of these 1,3&5 gallon bags to try.i like that they are rectangular and fit nice and semetrical in the tent.the 1gal is 27cents a bag,3gal 34cents,5gal was 40cents a bag.8 side holes and 8 bottom holes for drainage and air flow.i also like that the tops can be folded out so when you fill with soil for transplant it gives you a buffer for watering.!the 1gals are 6in x5in x 10in h, 3gal are 7.5in x 6.5in x 14in h , the 5gal is 9.5in x 8.5in x 16in h

also going to put a few in the 1gal Delxo fabric pots 7in round 6in high20200916_192057 , but i like that the plastic bags are deep and let the taproot go deeper down than the round fabric pot that have a slightly wider circumfrence but are almost 4in shorter…the 3gal dollar store bags will be tested on auto seeds i am waiting on…will be transplanting my first batch of seedlings tomorrow or friday to the 1gal plastic and fabric pots.

5 Likes

@Mongobongo have to say my admiration for your breeding program and skills grows by the day,those 2week old babies are just exploding,the stems are getting thick af…

I am also really impressed with the Tolys LED lights and the way the plants thrive under them.

This is a clone of Rugburn OG i am LST will take cuttings this weekend

And 2 SourTangi also under LST and will take a couple of cuttings from each this weekend

13 Likes

Those are some beefy stems. Hopefully they will carry the weight to justify those. Looking good so far.

4 Likes

They sure are @Badger have a dual 8in fans and 2 4in inline fans blowing across them,they will be sturdy trees and hold the massive buds :sunglasses:especially after transplanting to just below the cotolynes

3 Likes

I’m impressed with how quick you got this all up and going. It seems like a really nice setup man. I appreciate how you can adapt, improvise, and overcome.

4 Likes

@Badger thanks brother Come along way from 25 years ago when i built a cabinet out of white pressboard and had a 430w hps with a fan in it,and had much success,

I still have work to do in the tent,like installing the 2 8in inline fans to run the 1000w hps but right now running the Tolys LED with the 2 4in fans drawing fresh air in has the tent from 23 to 27c depending on the outside temps and rh at 50 to 60 % and giving me much success.

Going to clear out the 6ftx6ftx8ft h closet and turn it into the veg chamber this weekend,then dial in the tent with the 1000w hps for flowering.

Also made a 2nd getto humidome in the upper cabinet of wall unit,

till i get my butt out to buy lexxan to make proper chambers,but the ghetto set up does the trick for now😁 so much to do and so many more ideas pop in my stoner brain…my ole buddy @Stoner from the old OG days would chuckle ,at my ghetto inventions.I had sativas going that would not finish in Ontario outdoors,i filled a 50gal drum and used to aquarium heaters to heat the water to 30c and ran garden hose buried in the ground all around the sativas root zone and back to the drum and used a submersible pump to pump it.let me grow the sativas till 2nd week of December till 6in of snow fell on them.they still needed another 4 to 6 weeks to finish as they had a 16wk flower time but i got some fine sativa bud none the less.

I still have to add a light to upper cabinet,have another 8000w equivelent LEDS arriving tomorrow and will swap out one of the Tolys and put the Toly in the lower chamber,move the 300w to the upper chamber and put the new LEDS in the tent…also will be moving the plants to the floor in the tent and then take the plastic racking out and reassemble to use as another clone chamber or set it up in the veg closet****just had another stoner brainstorm,i think i will turn the plastic rack into a 4tier breeding chamber,for the seed runs gives me 4 2ft w x 4ft l x 2ft h chambers and is easy enough to close off.

7 Likes