Smkn is Back and Rarin' To Grow

Lucky! My lighting is 5 vanity light strips, with 5 bulbs each. Doesn’t look too bad and put together very cheap. but if your getting that many lights for that price, you got me beat lol.

3 Likes

Good inline fans are worth the $$$$

1 Like

Cheap and efficent is always good in my books.Thats why i have the ghetto stoner diy segments.The deal on the lights is to good to pass up.Now that i know the store is being liquidated i can haggle even more.She was asking 500 for the 7 lights still a good deal over the 3pk deal on amazon.I offered 400 cash and she said sure.Then she messaged me saying she ran a liquidation company and they were liquidating the grow store.So i am just waiting for a full price inventory list and i can pick,choose and haggle a great deal on stuff.

3 Likes

I agree Papa waiting to find out how many 4in and 8in inlines they have to liquidate and the cost,i know i can offer half the cost in cash and get them.Also asked for a list of 1000w MH HPS bulbs too.Going to see if i can root around thursday when i go to pick up the lights

2 Likes

So I have a 4 tier black plastic rack system i am setting up in my livingroom for a veg chamber for moms,cuttings and seedlings.I have the rack spaces covered in poly first as the rh in my apartment is 40% i will use cool misters inside to raise the RH between 50 and 60…,then i plan to wrap this product around tthe racks for reflective inside and black side out to close it off.Its right beside my balcony door and the left side will be open to allow a flow of fresh air…I also plan to line the 2nd closet in this product to.

5 Likes

Moved the 20 seedlings from 2nd batch out of tent and to the rack system in my livingroom.they are on the top rack.
The bottom i have the 2 auto N.L till i finish the 6x6x8 closet this weekend.I have one more unit of shelf to put on top but i am currently using it for a work table.When it goes up and gets closed in it will be a clone veg chamber.The N.L. autos will move to closet and the bottom section will house some moms.

I have the poly set on it,each shelf has a poly liner with a 3in wall to keep water from dripping after plant water.Its partially open on the left side to allow fresh air to blow in from the window in the balcony door and acts like a fan too.The reflective blockout wrap will be here on the weekend.I will enclose the rack using velcro strips.On the left side i will cut windows in the wrap and use velcro to close them for sleep time

I like having plants in the livingroom to admire and will keep me from going in the tent all the time.

Removing the 20 seedlings and the 2 5gal bags with the N.L autos freed up floor space…Going to rearrange the tent plants and give them a full feed going into 1st day of 12/12 in the morning.

8 Likes

I’ll be keeping peppers in the kitchen over the winter, that way I can apply some LITFA to the plants in the tent.

2 Likes

Nice Lifta seems to be all the rage now…Being old school and out of the grow scene for awhile.Been doing alot of reading to see what the new trends are.Lifta been popping up everywhere…I have a herbs and garlic going…May just run some peppers too lol

1 Like

It took me a while to figure out what LITFA meant :rofl:. I hear you on the feeling old school when it comes to new strains and methods, I haven’t grown in 12-15 years so none of the strains are familiar. When “my guy” had a name for the stuff available at the time, I’d have to look it up and see what it was. At least I’ve somewhat kept up with the LED scene, since I kept saltwater reef tanks for many years and switch over to all LEDs.
As for peppers, I’m realizing This whole seed collecting thing is starting to spill over to peppers. I have a shopping cart on a site with 13 differnt variety and colors. I know I don’t have space to grow them all :rofl:

1 Like

Yep been 15yrs for me too.Read stuff over the years and LED came up alot, and all the new names for strains got to the point i figured people were dreaming up names to make their bud sound cool…Deceided to give them a try and i really am impressed enough to buy more.Yet the new 1000w HPS is center in my tent and have the LEDS angled on the perimeter shining in…The 6x6 closet for the autos will have 7 of the Toly 1000w LED so i will see what they do alone in flower there…Yet finding that liquidation company if i can pick up another bran new 1000w MH/HPS for cheap i will grab one to.

1 Like

I use to bloom in my computer desk, and veg/clone in a Rubbermaid tote, so I’ve never plugged in a HID light myself lol. Going from 168w of CFL in a 1x2x2ft cubby, to a 3x3x6ft tent with 375w (actual draw) of LEDs is going to be a welcome adjustment. I actually plan on only using 21 sockets for LEDs (still giving me the recommended 35W/sqft), and using 4 Reptile UVB CFL bulbs to boost crystal growth and aid “ripening” at the end. I’ve read that there are cases where the tricromes can take forever to turn amber under some LEDs.

2 Likes

You are more educated than me on being up to date…My LEDS can be set to Veg,Bloom and Veg an Bloom…Will have to see what happens.Thus why i still bought the 1000w HPS as i know what they do for buds lol

2 Likes

More like I spent a lot of my free time reading through a very long thread on ICmag lol. The results shown by the people doing all the experiment with off the shelf screw in LEDs is what convinced me I don’t need to buy a “grow light”. Nor did I need to buy a bunch of solder equipment, drivers and LED parts that I would have to learn to put to together. I literally just got a set of bathroom lights, screwed then to strips of wood, Twist some wires and hung them. Taking the plastic domes off each lightbulb took longer than piecing the vanity lights together. Then again I did that while toking and watching YouTube.

3 Likes

I hear you on that,it meets your needs and its cheap lol

i was doing a small job with a buddy.Found a bunch of LED flood bulbs.Grabbed 4 of them.Wishing now i had grabbed all 16…Took a desk lamp and cut a peice of reflector off to fit the bulb in.Boom had a power little LED light and it worked fine for the clones i had acquired till they were deemed safe to go to the tent.I am all about ghetto stoner innovation.

2 Likes

So irs last the last night of veg for the tent.Gave the plants a litre of water to wet the roots and take up water,after this post they will get a 1/4 strength of pro-silicate with a 1/2 strength phytophlankton and 1/4 strength promix organic fert to take them into the 12/12 2week stretch.Have foxfarms Beastie Bloomz for flower stage along with the phytophlankton.

Final veg images,an overview of the garden

With plants putting out leaves like this every couple of days,its no wonder i had to prune some and yet 2days later it seemed like i had not done it.

The 2 SourTangie clones i acquired after taking cuttings from both 4days ago are filling nicely with new growth.Be a great strain for scrog.

Two Rugburn Og clones.The first is a smaller one had issues but came around nicely in the end.

This is the RugburnOg i took the 4 cuttings from.4 days later and i could take an easy 6 more and she would still have lots of branches and fill during the 2week stretch.This is a strain that thrives on being trimmed and will make super fat squat bushes.

And a couple of random shots to finish off the veg

So the next tent pic update will be in a couple of days into flower to see how they stretch.

Not to worry,there will be updates on the cuttings in the aerocloners ,the 20 seedlings and 2 auto N.L in the new veg chamber.As well as an update on my buys from the liquidator and progress on the closet room for the auto run.Now its back to give the girls their feast to start flower cycle wohooooo.

13 Likes

Its official 7am to 7pm is the dark cycle.Day 1 has begun wohooo.Now the real fun begins,The waiting for the strains to sex so males can be removed to another room and cuttings will be taken from the females as they stretch.

6 Likes

Are you kidding me.First day of 12/12 and a hearty feed for the 2week stretch…So I can see the next 2weeks will be fun if the first day is an indicator.These plants just love to grow.

MWCB#5 The one i snapped the main stem hanging by the skin.All healed and growing strong

Another MWCB plant.Really loving this strain and looking forward to making seeds of it.

Added a 10in oscillating fan to get them blowing even more.They sure seem to love it.

11 Likes

Wow man! That tent sure has filled out!

1 Like

They sure do like to stretch out while they sleep!

2 Likes

@PGT710 yeah bro every day its filled more,gonna do some pruning Friday.

@Seamonkey84 they sure do.And these strains just love to grow and sure respond to a rest period.Excited to see how they perform in flower.

1 Like