Smkn is Back and Rarin' To Grow

They are getting so big!

2 Likes

I repurpose stuff as much as possible. Save money where you can, so you have it to spend where you need. I think what you did is pretty good idea. :+1::clap:

4 Likes

@PGT710 have them under 20/4 light cycle,gave them a 1/4 feed of promix organic fert and molasses and they are even bigger today😁

@Old-Ron i hear you brother.i needed a quick fix for a humid dome for the seedlings i started and the clones i am about to take cutting from a couple of clones i aquired,it was a simple quick solution and i had everything on hand.for the price of a dome kit i can build 2 in my wall unit for less…my getto set up is working perfect for now, I call it stoner ingenuity as long as it works and gives us results thats what matters.

4 Likes

I grabbed 50 each of these 1,3&5 gallon bags to try.i like that they are rectangular and fit nice and semetrical in the tent.the 1gal is 27cents a bag,3gal 34cents,5gal was 40cents a bag.8 side holes and 8 bottom holes for drainage and air flow.i also like that the tops can be folded out so when you fill with soil for transplant it gives you a buffer for watering.!the 1gals are 6in x5in x 10in h, 3gal are 7.5in x 6.5in x 14in h , the 5gal is 9.5in x 8.5in x 16in h

also going to put a few in the 1gal Delxo fabric pots 7in round 6in high20200916_192057 , but i like that the plastic bags are deep and let the taproot go deeper down than the round fabric pot that have a slightly wider circumfrence but are almost 4in shorter…the 3gal dollar store bags will be tested on auto seeds i am waiting on…will be transplanting my first batch of seedlings tomorrow or friday to the 1gal plastic and fabric pots.

5 Likes

@Mongobongo have to say my admiration for your breeding program and skills grows by the day,those 2week old babies are just exploding,the stems are getting thick af…

I am also really impressed with the Tolys LED lights and the way the plants thrive under them.

This is a clone of Rugburn OG i am LST will take cuttings this weekend

And 2 SourTangi also under LST and will take a couple of cuttings from each this weekend

13 Likes

Those are some beefy stems. Hopefully they will carry the weight to justify those. Looking good so far.

4 Likes

They sure are @Badger have a dual 8in fans and 2 4in inline fans blowing across them,they will be sturdy trees and hold the massive buds :sunglasses:especially after transplanting to just below the cotolynes

3 Likes

I’m impressed with how quick you got this all up and going. It seems like a really nice setup man. I appreciate how you can adapt, improvise, and overcome.

4 Likes

@Badger thanks brother Come along way from 25 years ago when i built a cabinet out of white pressboard and had a 430w hps with a fan in it,and had much success,

I still have work to do in the tent,like installing the 2 8in inline fans to run the 1000w hps but right now running the Tolys LED with the 2 4in fans drawing fresh air in has the tent from 23 to 27c depending on the outside temps and rh at 50 to 60 % and giving me much success.

Going to clear out the 6ftx6ftx8ft h closet and turn it into the veg chamber this weekend,then dial in the tent with the 1000w hps for flowering.

Also made a 2nd getto humidome in the upper cabinet of wall unit,

till i get my butt out to buy lexxan to make proper chambers,but the ghetto set up does the trick for now😁 so much to do and so many more ideas pop in my stoner brain…my ole buddy @Stoner from the old OG days would chuckle ,at my ghetto inventions.I had sativas going that would not finish in Ontario outdoors,i filled a 50gal drum and used to aquarium heaters to heat the water to 30c and ran garden hose buried in the ground all around the sativas root zone and back to the drum and used a submersible pump to pump it.let me grow the sativas till 2nd week of December till 6in of snow fell on them.they still needed another 4 to 6 weeks to finish as they had a 16wk flower time but i got some fine sativa bud none the less.

I still have to add a light to upper cabinet,have another 8000w equivelent LEDS arriving tomorrow and will swap out one of the Tolys and put the Toly in the lower chamber,move the 300w to the upper chamber and put the new LEDS in the tent…also will be moving the plants to the floor in the tent and then take the plastic racking out and reassemble to use as another clone chamber or set it up in the veg closet****just had another stoner brainstorm,i think i will turn the plastic rack into a 4tier breeding chamber,for the seed runs gives me 4 2ft w x 4ft l x 2ft h chambers and is easy enough to close off.

7 Likes

I think i may be upgrading my ACMPR license from 350 to 490 plants at the rate i am going :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Nice! Im going to start my seedlings on a small amount of protekt soon.

And what have you been doing for those thick ass stems? lol

1 Like

Also, maybe you should just go for double LOL

Part genetics and part a dual 8in fans and 2 4in inline fans blowing on them firm and steady.i learned 25years ago when i grew in the bullrushes at the lake,the wind almost always blew down the lake right at my plants and they grew so thick you could stand on the bottom branches.

3 Likes

500 is the maximum allowed to grow or i would double it…funny 25yrs ago when it was illegal i grew way more

4 Likes

That is crazy especially they are so ready to adapt. Right now my intake is weighed down enough to blow over my seedlings. They are gently swaying in their little cups.

You should max that count ! LOL

2 Likes

Things are coming along well! You have been working hard at it! Tons going on. I wouldn’t call myself a breeder I’m more of a selective chucker :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

Hey @PGT710 i have my tent shaking from the air flow,even a light breeze as long as they are shaking back and forth will strengthen them up.

@Mongobongo call it what you want but you did a hell of a job bro👍 i am going to be working seed lines this winter,aquiring some reg Auto seeds and some fem ones to play with…I want to see if i can get us some killer early finishing strains for our climate and i have a few things planned with DBHP .

Well 2days after watering with molasses and a 1/4 strength promix organic fert,the cups are almost dry,tells me the are thirsty,hungry and ready for transplant…Also have to move them off the racks on to the tent floor as they are growing over each other,19hrs later the growth in canopy is crazy.Temps at 24c rh is 54%

10 Likes

You might find gold. I hope you do!!

6 Likes

@Mongobongo you have given me a great oppertunity to find and strike gold.Mad karma and respect for your skill and gift.

So after alot of running around this afternoon i set up my work station on my balcony,about 70f and shaded perfect to transplant a few.

dam my ass is getting old,everything is a painful chore lol.Deceided to work smarter not harder 2 racks perfect work hieght

I transplanted 5 MauiWowi x CherryBomb to 1 gal bags,like that permanent marker does not rub off them…I can not believe that 15days ago these plants were seeds soaking in a glass.This is perfect time to up pot as the roots are just starting to wind,so no having to loosen them up,right in they go.

The 5 MW x CB in there new bags, beautiful sturdy,vigorous plants for being seeds soaking 15days ago

9 Likes

Next 15days from seed soak is the Oregon HuckleBerry only transplanted 3 of them tonight as it got dark out and my old bones got sore from bending.Will do a group shot when rest are transplanted tomorrow

Again great root growth for 15days from seed soak

12 Likes