Smkn is Back and Rarin' To Grow

HuckleBerryCrackers again 15days from seed soak.
Again great root growth for its age.

Only transplanted 2 as time ran out okay till dark and body aches made me tap.Will post pics of the other strains roots and group shots when the other 32 plants are all transplanted

9 Likes

Oger x ChocolateRain

Another strain that is not growing in size like the OH,HC,MW X CB.Yet the root growth rivals them.

5 of 7 showing decent growth,pretty plants

7 Likes

DragonBloodHashPlant
Grown in the same soil,same lights,same everything but not growing as big as some of the strains.With that being said the roots sure are .

A group shot of the 5 DBHP together,still pretty little plants for seed soaking 16days ago.I may increase the nute level at feed on one and see if it jump starts it,may just be the genetics of the way they grow. @Mongobongo or anyone else thats grown in please chime in.

7 Likes

SourDieselSnowLotus x BlueComa
Another strain that grows nicely but not as vigorously in stature Ias the big 3 OH,HC and the MW X CB

Yet its root growth is matching any of the big 3.Amazed at the root growth for soaking seeds 16days ago

Group pic tomorrow when i transplant the other

7 Likes

SourDiesel SnowLotus x GodsSpaceNeedle
17days from soaking seeds.Really liking this root growth and structure of this strain.

Group shot SourDieselSnowLotus x GodsSpaceNeedle

8 Likes

@PGT710 hey bro hope your well.keep me posted when you take your cutting and hope the seedlings are doing well,dont be afraid to make them dance and sway

3 Likes

I am doing well! The clone is chock full of roots and the seedlings are getting big. I need to let the clone get more air. Plan to transplant/uppot them tommorrow.

Made to to 2 thirsty girls in a row now. Quite happy with myself. Now to just get the hang of giving enough water.

Going to take cuts tommorrow if she looks recovered and happy from watering.

Keep having this wierd recurring nightmare that im going to open my tent to a dead plant and that the 1 gallon plastic planter I bought has holes in the wrong places. Just wierd lol. Dont really have dreams or nightmares. Other than that all has been well!

How are you doing sir?

2 Likes

If the clones choked full of roots its ready to pot and veg away in the tent,nice job bro.glad the seedlings are growing good.i am sure she will be healthy and ready for a de-Leafing…Lmao when i started growing i was constantly up at the slightest sound thinking my light or fan crashed down on my plants… :rofl:Doing great happy happy and nicely stoned.If potting 10 was a pain indicator I will be sore doing 34 tomorrow.But the pain is worth the benificial rewards,my mind and body have found its Zen again since i started back growing and all the yummies to come from it.

4 Likes

Thank you man, its already been rewarding. Glad to hear youre doing great! Also glad to hear Im not the only one that had wierd shit lol.

I will be planting the clone tommorrow and most likely uppotting the seedlings. Taking more cuts too if the big girl looks happy. Will also be getting my new veg light/quantum board in tommorrow so the big girl will have 480 watts in the flower tent. Hoping for better quality of light.

These plants are little blessings. Felt myself literally calm down and get relaxed as I was watering and trying to take it slow. Its so nice having a sanctuary.

Hopefully tommorrow will be a great and fulfilling experience for the both us!

2 Likes

The new light will definitely kick it up…I was skeptical about LED ,thats why i bought the MH/HPS Lamp too.If they perform as well in flower i will fill my tent with them.With me on disability and not as active any more,gardening again has motivated me to get up and active,calmed and enhanced my mind, the plants and beautiful creations that come from them along with the therapeutic and pure enjoyment,with lots of good OG friends and the best community around,we are truly blessed…Your becoming a mighty fine gardner bro :+1:
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

So 5hrs after up-potting the 10,they are perky and dancing in the wind

Tomorrows project and mission Up-Pot34

Rugburn OG clone is really filling out now will lots of branches after a day of LST .By Monday i will clip cuttings and then introduce her to bondage

SourTangi clone 1 is starting to shape up nicely afer a day of LST,will bring her top down a bit lower tomorrow again.

SourTangi clone 2 is under 1 day LST with her top tip fimmed.Her bottom most branch is acting like a second plant,liking how this one reacts and grow

Close up of SourTangi 2 fimmed spot,if my eyes are not playing tricks on me this girl is getting a coating of white trichs

Real happy with how everything is progressing and happier still feeling back at home @ OG and growing again.

Peace to all and a great night or day.

10 Likes

No transplant shock - those are happy plants!

I really look forward each day to hanging out with the plants, it’s very therapeutic.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Hey bro,no transplant shock showing,in the shade the temps are perfect and the roots are not having to be unwound.really impressed with Mongos creations and the set up i am running so far.

Coffee,joint and smoke break over,27 plants to go lmao,at least the raised work station is helping ease the back pain.

5 Likes

I have to tap my wife’s CBD gummies (well, I grew it!) when it is trim time.
I was eyeballing a trim bin at the hydro store wondering if it would help. Gramps must get a crew in to deal with those trees he grows.

Getting old and creaky ain’t for sissies :wink:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I hear ya brother,20 years of industrial and mechanical demolition done my body in.Dont miss carrying steel plate,pipe and motors up and down stairs from the roofs of buildings…I put a couple of lady friends on notice for trim time :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

How I Transplant For No Shock
Step 1 fill the bag or pot 2/3 then press down so its squishy still but not packed super tight

Step 2 ,then i put my 16oz cup in to measure my distance to top of bag,i want it level to the lip as it will drop below when watered

Step 3 i use a litre of water and slow pour it in and wait for it to soak through,then i use lightly press it flat,then cover the top with dry medium,this is key as it will dampen up as you continue,yet not saturate the rootball.

Step 4 i place an empty 16oz cup in the middle and they cup and gently press it down,now your cup should be below your bag or pot lip.

Step 5 now add your medium all around the cup half way up and then press it squishy around the cup,then add more and again press it down till your medium is a 1/2in under cup lip.

Step 6 remove the empty cup, you now have a perfect fitting hole for the plant being transplanted.

6A remove plant to go in the hole

6B notice the the roots ringing.This is the start of RootBound which prevents your plant from growing to its full potential

A really rootbound planttaken from google image
download.jpeg-14
When root bound happens its best to tickle or disturb the roots,take note to be gentle as you want to minimize damaging the roots as this will stunt or shock your plant.I use the round end of plastic take-out knife to feather the roots open.**its best if you can transplant before it becomes bound to reduce affecting your plant.
I opened up the rings on this one.Notice the one root ripped off this will cause minimal if any shock to the plant.Yet no matter how careful you are,Stuff can happen.

Step 7 put plant in hole

Step 8 i use just enough water to cover the surface of the entire bag area and then lightly press it down.

Step 9 add more soil to fill a 1/4 below your bag or pot lip and again water just enough to wet the surface area and lightly press it again

Step 10 a happy no stressed no wilted plant in its new home.

By soaking the bottom half of your medium and then covering in a layer of dry medium you give the roots a buffer zone.By watering the top half just enough to make it damp,it forces the roots to go down.In 2 to 3 days i will give them a 1/2 litre of plain water,then a 1/2 litre of 1/4 strength feed.This his worked great for me with no shock or droopy leaves.Hope it can help out any that struggle to transplant.

17 Likes

The site is lucky to have you back man. I love reading your stuff.

8 Likes

Elated to be back bro.Did not know just how much i truly missed growing till i found OG again.Then meeting back up with you and getting your great gear and my new set up.Its like i was lost and Being Here and growing again,I Have Found Myself.Plus i am single living on my own and plan to keep it that way :crazy_face::sunglasses:

9 Likes

I want to introduce you to “Wanna Live” wanna live is a HuckleBerryCracker he was popped at the same time as the other HC had trouble shaking his seed cap.Having always grown in a basement with humidity at 50% or higher i never had a need for humid domes.When all the seedlings had taps within 18hrs of soaking and popping up from soil in 2 days i thought i was good to go.But everything stalled at the first true leaves.Turns out my humidity in the apartment does not get over 40% at this time…I quickly made the get dome out of poly and grabbed a cool mister.Put all the seedlings under it…One seedling had shrivelled up and cotolynes and first leaves were pure brown,it was brain dead on life support.Being in the very back corner of the cabinet i left it any way…Much to my suprise after a few days the color started returning,slowly but surely Wanna Live went green,he lags behind his siblings and had deformed growth,but he is my fav because he has that Wanna Live mentality.A big reason why i admire it and want to keep it,is the heart and resillance it shows,thats a great trait that to have 99% dead and the ability to bounce back and slowly thrive again.

Just like us if you have one person that believes in you,cheering in your corner anything is possible.

11 Likes

I am really impressed with the thickness of stems at 16days from soaking seeds.Dual 8in fans and 2 4in inline fans blowing across the tent,gives them a great workout along with great genes thanks again @Mongobongo

HuckleBerryCracker 16days from seed soak.

11 Likes