Snowhigh Reproductions

Yes I do. It’s been it the freezer for a few months should still be good. DM me an address. I am in the middle of settling my moms estate but I’ll get to it as soon as I can.

3 Likes

This is a great thread !
BIG respect to the preservations !

I ordered seeds through O.E.S years ago that were SNOWHIGH X LEGENDARY GENETICS, I dont have any of the original beans left but while I was growing the seeds in the PNW during that big “once in a 1000 year” heat wave from 2021 ruined my crop and left me with COCO LOCO S1 seeds in the trashy weed.

The plants I grew from the Original ordered (SNOW HIGH) COCO LOCO were unlike any of the hybrids or indicas I had experience with. A real challenge to flower a plant that takes this long to flower. Anyways… Anyone want to work with me or pitch ideas on how to use these ? A lot of information states S1is unstable and isn’t worth the effort.

(Seed INFO)

Coco Loco is a sativa variety from SnowHigh Seeds and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±126 days) and outdoors . SnowHigh Seeds’ Coco Loco is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.

Flower Cycle: 14-22 weeks

"The Acapulco Gold in the Red & Gold Mexican Colombian is a preservation I created in 2012 using a Circa 68’ Acapulco Gold female with classic delicate floral clusters, smelling of honeysuckle, good to high resin production with long leaves which turn gold to white with maturity and red sap bleeding from stems and petioles. The male was from early 70’s stock, with green leaves which turned golden with maturity, the stems turn bright brick red and the male sepals turn golden upon maturity. This Acapulco gold preservation was saving the last of each of those lines to continue a pure Acapulco gold from that era."

11 Likes

@youknew If you grow enough of them there’s the random possibility of a male showing up. Then you could preserve the line without having to reverse or cross anything else to it. I would definitely try them out. If you can’t do it yourself then you should give some away to test what you have. You would at least know if it’s crap or not

2 Likes

Who would be interested testing ? I would love to share if they are worth it, before they get too old.

To be fair, I have only popped a few and I didn’t love them as much as I could have.
One or two of the S1 “heat wave stress beans” I was observing outdoors showed signs of stress during flowering causing burning leaves.

Then again, COCOLOCO has been difficult to grow all the way.
I found forcing early flowering and keeping plants small were the best way to manage the long flowering period in a place with a short season. I have pictures somewhere I will add when I locate.

The 4 in the picture above are the S1s of coco loco and Im going to induce flowering in my shop in a week or 2 just to see. If they start acting like the past sprouts then I guess I would just scrap the whole thing. It just feels wrong to not pursue this at least for a while since Snow Highs COCO LOCO isn’t available anymore.

3 Likes

Glad to have you here man and you’re in the right place! I sent my only pack of Coco Loco to Royal who’s working with them, but if you have any of those S1 seeds, I’d love some to try out and have plenty of Snow stuff I can send ya. Those look like great plants!

2 Likes

I’d hang onto those honestly, they’re amazing genetics and having grown and smoked that Snowhigh Acapulco Gold work, it’s my favorite AG there is.

Also, I generally observe two types of herms. What I call “True herms” which are plants like a Mexican Red Hair I just trashed. Farmer Freeman DNA test said male and all preflowers were male. Two weeks into flowering, it’s pure female buds forming everywhere except one branch at the bottom of the plant, covered in balls. Those are plants that have it in their makeup expressed hard and are likely to pass it on and ruin every crop you try, so I trash those.

Plants that are stable except when some kind of extreme stress hits, isn’t a herm, it’s the rule in these plants. I’ve had plenty of plants that threw nanners when I chopped them in half, or left on vacation and they didn’t get watered, or got fried in the heat. When I grow the seeds they made, they’re female but I’ve never had a nanner on any of them. So to me, these would be fem seeds, not “hermie” seeds and definitely not trash :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks!
How would you like to receive them? I have more than a few.
Im happy to take anything that you are enthusiastic about.

4 Likes

I’m planning on dropping them very shortly - got busy with life :wink:

I’d add @youknew coco loco into the mix (if the don’t hermi hard) as well.

a line worthy of preserving

6 Likes

Took his Zamal x Zamal Mango Karot x Senegalese to an F2. Want to work it further. Running some now.
Also have his Black Mamba 2, Swazi x Congolese and some Congolese Black male x Colombian crosses.
Too little space…too many seeds, lol.

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking, these would at least give ya more females and should be 1000x easier to pop lol

4 Likes

Dang those Zamal/Senegalese sound amazing. I’ve got some old Afropips Phoenix Haze (Senegal x Nevil’s Haze) that I’ve been waiting on another Senegalese to try and preserve as I only have 4 seeds, so let me know if you’d be up for a trade

5 Likes

The stress weed :thinking:

12 Likes

28 Likes

Wow you really got those to yield, amazing work!!! How many weeks of flowering did you end up taking them?

3 Likes

I took them the full 22 weeks I believe, things were not getting better though. The bottom pic was from before the heat wave. Things seemed to be going good but the temp outside peaked at almost 120 degrees for 4 days and I had to pull the plug on the lights for a few days just to try to survive. Those buds were fluffy, crispy and full of those S1s I mailed to you.

7 Likes

This is an old thread, but did you ever get the Bloodklot to pop?

I’ve been trying everything and I’m 0 for 3 so far. Got another 5 I basically had to frankenstein that I’m still waiting on. Next step is nicking then trying to germ in tissue culture as the last resort.

I’ve been looking forward to this strain for so long and it’s the one that just won’t cooperate.

6 Likes

I know it’s sad. I’ve been hearing reports of no germination on the BloodKlot. I was looking forward to that one too. It seems like some Snowhigh seeds are just dead and can’t be opened no matter what you do. And the weird part is I have seeds 35 years old that germinate just like the day they were made. I don’t know what could be happening. The only thing I can think of is just bad storage practices or some kind of problem with the plants?

10 Likes

I think I posted screenshots in this or another thread, but in his Potcast interview, he mentioned that his seed collection method is to make dry ice kief with the plant material so he gets hash and cleaned seeds. I haven’t and wouldn’t ever do that out of fear of damaging the seeds, and from what we’ve all seen over the years, maybe that’s it? Every pack I’ve ever run from him was like 30% dead and 30% mutant seedlings that eventually grow normally, which I used to wonder if he was radiating them somehow or something, but I think it’s the dry ice he’s using.

18 Likes

Brother I don’t think anyone has been able to convince those babies to grow. I may still have the other pack which I haven’t touched and if so, you’re welcome to it since you’re doing the Lord’s work.

3 Likes

Have you guys tried the aloe method? Cut a fresh leaf and make a slit in it. Then stick the seed in the slit. What I hear is that inside aloe is gibberlic acid which prompts the seed to start.

There is also a seed starter from a internet vendor called seednsuch.com that sells a ‘super hot pepper seed starter’ that you mix up.

4 Likes