Snowhigh Seeds

There might be more details to the story that @santero might know too. I believe he did the F5 release that Derg Corra Collective put out a limited number of packs in 2018-ish. That was, to my memory, a F3 or F4 of CT from Chris at Woodhorse, who shares rare packs with SAN for reproduction/expansion sometimes. I don’t know if the Woodhorse is DNA/Drawoh lineage from the CT 2.5 line that Hazeman also worked or if it’s Dutch Flowers.

He could also speak to the work @eskobar has done with Chocolate Rain which is Cocoa Kush x Choc Thai I believe

There’s the Dutch Flowers Chocolate Thai in the mix as well, which they described thusly:

“ Dutch Flowers - Chocolate Thai

We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone’s preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.”

11 Likes

Thats exellent point!

Those are the types of plants that was the original line

Its interesting thats the description…

Tells me something…Find the plants you need to prop up…If you want something like the original

Thanks for reminding me of that…

5 Likes

eskobar’s chocolate rain is chocolope (DNA cut) x Cocoa Kush …
he did not have CT available and tried to bring out much of the thai.

it resulted in very nice plants, but very unstable line in terms of phenos and
plantshapes/flowering times, some went for 12 weeks others just 9 ect, some
were stout and others never stopped stretching … but all of the plants are really
appealing expressing rhaspberry and chocolate-terps left and right. sadly he never
stabilised the line (he’s more of a “f1 and move on kind of seedmaker” = there’s no
breeding, when he doesn’t feel like it.)

(making a satisfying f2 from that will not be easy, but i am on it, btw …)

__

the seeds i recieved via chris were “F4 CT derived
from drawoh’s line” (that’s what woodhorse told me).

the generation i grew was made by someone called “gradentroll”.
i don’t know much more … i just repro the line for woodhorse (and
got some of the cost back via derg corra), then made all crosses
i wanted to make at the time and moved on … that was 2016 :wink:

19 Likes

I guess the last thing I’ve got about the Chocolate Thai lineages to add is this thread from Billygoat, who’s one of the cited sources nowadays for CT, his is DNA straight from the hands of Drawoh/Howard:

“The Chocolate Thai’s are from DNA’s OG Chocolate Thai’s. Then DrawoH made his selection and then got me seeds. They might go over those times but they should be in that general area.”

He is responding to someone and confirming a 10 week or so flowering time.

EDIT: found a post from Drawoh in that thread saying this:

“if you have some work them… og chco thai is very unique to me and have nothing but positive reviews… that why i keep it around… its high last long and can be stupefying giving you that “oh shit i just missed my turn, while driving feeling”"…great rush high that creeps up in about 25 minutes to a stupefying high… this also depends how long you grow it …10 - 12 weeks, a couple have went 14 weeks for me and 1 has went 16 weeks…”

10 Likes

Yeah, I think I’m sold on this line. If so many people went through such trouble in keeping it over such a long period of time in spite of the difficulties and it being so unstable, man, it has got to worth it! It has to be really special this one!

And thanks guys, for all of your input! It makes it so much easier for me to understand this lineage.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if The Upper Vault seedbank is legit? They claim to be working with john directly and recently released the chocolate thia work. They claim they are helping john handle pre orders from last fall?

3 Likes

Mister Grafik is a fucking nut job, amigo.

4 Likes

Covered in this very thread two weeks ago. Scroll up about 40 posts.

2 Likes

If dude from the upper vault isn’t legit then why does John follow their IG and how did he get ahold of John’s Chocolate thia release? I was emailing the dude and he said he’s helping John while he’s sick. He told me to send him my shipping address and old pre order number I got from John and he would send me something while I wait for my original order. Does anyone know for an absolute fact that this guys isn’t legit? Something more than a “trust me bro” type answer.

2 Likes

You could always just not listen to any of us and send them money. Then you would know 100% for sure.

7 Likes

He never asked for money.

1 Like

It’s not about legitimacy, as he has a podcast episode interviewing John. During my little over 1 year acquaintance to that dude, he would state he knew John personally. What it is about is that I genuinely would not trust that dude with my address or name ever again. There’s a reason he’s banned on here, and advertising his website, to include Skunk Devil Genetics, should be prohibited on this forum.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Granted you’ve only been here a month or so, your only posts deal in mentioning upper vault, as if plugging him in a low key way.

11 Likes

I smell a sock account…

9 Likes

Blackberry spacewreck male

21 Likes

Damn, I wish my Blackberry Devilwreck had popped.

2 Likes

Looking healthy! How many females did you get?

2 Likes

Yea from everything I’ve read the upper vault is no bueno, if you want Snowhigh seeds I think SeedsForMe is a reputable vendor, they sell older (low-germ rate) stock at fair cheap prices and then have newer packs for the usual high (Legendary?) $$$. I was just eyeing the Vietnamese drop that he got in September today, looks like some newer packaging to help date packs by, and some nice Thai too:

12 Likes

Iam unsure pollo loco, just some males showing RN. Will know more here within the week. I’ll keep you guys updated.

8 Likes