Snowhigh Seeds

It is really simple, never trust someone else to look after you, your health, or your wealth over them looking out for their profit margins. Plenty of people have found out the hard way to their sorrow. Shoe was talking about some scum bag that stole genetics in his discord

He tried to claim it was “the original Chemdog 3 cut and I got it from a lady in Shasta”. Even “that Lady” ended up posting that she never had the Chem 3. I saw pics of it and knew right away it was my Sunshine 3 cut that “The Nature Farm” had received from me back in 2013 along with a bunch of other cuts of mine. I let Bob Hemphill and a few others know exactly what that “Chem 3” cut would flower out to because it was my Sunshine 3 cut. Lots of old drama ensued.

<@937084828837380106> Yup. “The Nature Farm” open pollinated 1 pack of Master Thai’s “Skunk 18” and began selling packs of the seeds directly Against Master Thai’s wishes. Steve literally told “The Nature Farm”: “I don’t want you working with or selling my work.” The 2 people “The Nature Farm” did that OP seed run with sat on their half of the seeds because they found out Master Thai had asked it not to be done.

He played all the bullshit games and lies about how he could restore old cuts and more garbage and he ripped off a ton of people for some quality cuts. He then used those to trade with other people and he started renaming cuts to try and be something special. He fucked over a ton of good people and still lies about what he did.

5 Likes

Oh, you misunderstand. I have nothing against hybrids. In fact, Mr. Greengenes of Cherry Bomb fame expressed an interest in my work with CB. I have isolated the green pheno and now a purple pheno in Cherry Bomb. I am just saying that landraces need a chance to show us what they have. You can’t get there if you cross it with every and anything you can find. Unless preserved first and distributed you eliminate that from available choices.

8 Likes

cenanod-ezgif.com-resize

3 Likes

Gotcha, and I totally agree. I wasn’t sure where you were coming from and I know you have a lifetime of great experience, so I was just curious. I totally agree, like when I’m looking at crosses done with a great new male, I’m always wishing a freebie pack of F2s came with it. I just scrolled through Instagram and saw someone posting a great photo of a plant from a 30 year old pack of super skunk. They are selling crosses with the male the chose, but almost every comment was “I hope you did an OP and are making f2s” and that was my thought as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks and I hope I didn’t come off confrontational before, I was genuinely curious given your background and we’re on the same page :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Hello everyone. First post here on Overgrow. The Pot Cast interview brought me here after hunting down the seeds. I am a 60 year old Midwesterner off of Lake Michigan. Been growing for 4 years but been smoking since the mid 1980’s. I honestly don’t think I have ever smoked a real sativa and certainly nothing “heirloom” like. Looks like a big learning curve with these true landraces. I printed out the transcript of that Pot Cast interview because it’s so packed with info.
Is it safe to assume that most, if not all of these strains, are going to be very long flowering? I am also assuming they’re gonna grow big and tall? Thanks in advance.

15 Likes

Hello and welcome to OG.

You can check out this thread for a more general overview instead of just SnowHigh.

I’ve grown Moroccan Beldia which is claimed to be the worlds fastest sativa and yes it is very fast.

7 Likes

Yes most of his heirloom sativas are going to be tall and long flowering unless he says otherwise you can assume that’s the case

4 Likes

Thank you. I am looking forward to growing these but it seems a bit intimidating.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link. How fast was that Morrocan Beldia?

1 Like

I think you might have good luck with his Vietnamese black. It’s one of his more compact sativas

3 Likes

7-8 weeks.

2 Likes

I am actually growing, at the moment, a Golden Dragon from Top Dawg. It is Gold King Haze x Vietnamese Black.

4 Likes

That’s seems like a pretty reasonable time frame compared to 26 weeks.

2 Likes

Yes but it is a hash plant that is only 3-5% THC and some phenos are CBD and some are THC and some are both.

5 Likes

There’s a lot I have to learn here. Worth it for sure,

2 Likes

Hello @CharlieRudy! Go go midwest grow! OG is a great place to ask questions folks around here are great. You might want to look into cold/northern climate sativa’s. I know there are some Canadian’s who might have some suggestions. I think green mountain seeds have heirloom sativa crosses that finish faster than some of the super long pure landrace. Purple Satellite, mountain gold, green mountain grape. Congratulations on stepping into the rabbit hole of old school genetics. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Thc may be low, but it holds a lot of traits desirable for a breeder. It’s very resistant to cold and frost, is mold, mildew, and bug resistant, and begins to flower earlier then a lot of strains. I was smoking some the other day and it’s actually OK smoke

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I grew it. It was very resistant to hot and dry climate. Problem is that it is not resistant to bugs.

2 Likes

The several phenos my buddy grew seemed to do fine when other plants got attacked. He crossed a male to a very nice Fruity Nepalese jamican

3 Likes

I am growing a Top Dawg Golden Dragon at the moment. It’s a Golden King Haze crossed with that Vietnamese Black. I am at day 30.

4 Likes