So tell me, What do you know about the human microbiome? All input is welcome!

I can’t imagine having it down there :rofl:

2 Likes

@shag, thank you for starting this thread. As I said earlier, I started reading on the skin and then the nervous system as I had episodes of itching and burning skin at work that became permanent (more or less, it is complicated). I spent years in the evening plugging words into Google and following where they led me. More often than not into dead ends but I managed to learn enough to keep me going although I have stopped (can’t spend my life staring at a screen) with the odd day sending me down the rabbit hole.

Thankfully pulling up the example of Staphylococcus here I stumbled across another crumb and I left the page open for further investigation. I end up reading a term, Googling it, see if it fits in with the pieces I have, (it really is like putting together a puzzle). The crumbs finally hit pay dirt today.

I have been trying to link my condition to my original injury. Our Work Compensation system originally said my condition was not due to work. It took years but I finally convinced them (actually with an appeal process, they fought right through it) with the medical papers I found and linked together. They agreed but said I was cured and my current condition is separate from my initial condition. My current condition has the same pain symptoms as the initial injury but that is just a coincidence.

I could never connect my current condition to the original injury. That is until this afternoon. I found terms I did not know and Googled them. I read papers using these terms and found other terms. I googled them with my condition and found my link. There is some fancy organic chemistry going on, as an example “Sensory neuron–associated macrophages as novel modulators of neuropathic pain” one of the papers that have clues to the linkage. I still have to retrace my steps and figure out how to show the steps from one action to the other but that is only the shading in between the lines. I have the way points from beginning to end.

It may take a few weeks to get things into a presentable manor before I submit it to them. The cost of my medications is at stake, they are not cheap and it bugs me that I have to pay for them when I got hurt at work. And I was debating on answering a poo thread. Turned out to be a good thing I did.

4 Likes

You are most welcome, I love to help other folks any way I can.
So very happy this discussion lead you where you needed to be.

It is very strange how one word, phrase can lead you to a whole different world you never thought existed.

I learn so so much off the radar stuff this way.
Don’t give it up, it is really important to do your own research/investigation.

Wow that is a mouthful…LOL

The wife and I both suffer from some pretty strong nerve pain.
not sure that is the same as what you endure.

If you have any links you think may help me out, please post em or send a PM if you are able to.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey @bunny
Stay strong and get done what you need done! :muscle:

Peace
Shag

1 Like

My affliction has to do with the central nervous system overreacting to heat or mechanical stimulus. Something as simple as wearing a shirt and the rubbing between your skin and the shirt causes the nervous system to think there is danger and it reacts causing the skin to feel unpleasantness sensations (pain). It is different than other nerve pain, such as sciatic pain (got that also). Not much help in the treatment of either, knowing about my pathway to fame (hah). Just standard pharma medications and our wonderful weed, my condition is what renewed my interest in smoking. But if I could get our workplace insurance system to pay for my CBD that would be less plants for me to grow and I can spend more time trying out more THC leaning plants.

3 Likes

I know that if I don’t take my probiotics my gut pays for it, beyond that not much tbh.

2 Likes

If you have to keep replenishing your good gut bacteria, your not feeding them right. You need to eat prebiotics to go with your probiotics so they don’t all starve to death in your gut after you supplement them :wink:

There was a TV show that went to people’s houses that were filthy and full of garbage and helped them clean them up.
One woman advised how to make cleaning solutions, the other took swabs all around the house and tested for bacteria.

The one testing would always come back and say your lucky you are not dead, you house is full of dangerous bacteria that can kill at these amounts.

Why we’re they not dead then, rhetorical question, they gradually became immune to them over time.

When people get sick from these bacteria, it can sometimes be because they don’t have enough other good bacteria on and in them, to stop harmfull bacteria taking over an empty space and multiplying so much, that they overwhelm the other bacteria.

We are constantly destroying our micobiome with processed food and cleaning products.

There was a documentary of a doctor who traveled around the world collecting crap from different cultures of people.

He would water it down and syringe it up his butt in small amounts so he could get used to the bacteria and it’s affects. He had an amazing and diverse micobiome that boosted his immune system cosiderably and alowed him to drink the local water and eat their food without problems a year later when he returned to test this treatment out.

3 Likes

This is good advice, thanks!

It would seem they have discovered we have microbes in our brain.
This could point to the fact they are everywhere.
Do they talk to each other?
Is this why we listen to our gut?
What about food cravings?
Is this the microbes asking for the food they need?

This seems to be good advice too thanks for sharing! :heart_eyes:

Sounds like good common sense, which seems to be less common everyday. :joy:

You are a very knowledgeable guy @Shadey
Can you help us out with other ways of increasing the diversity of our microbes, beside putting the poop of others up our butts? :relaxed:
I mean I do feel this would benefit us all, just looking for a more savory way to achieve the same goal.
I agree with you about having to feed the little buggers, what do you recommend in that regard?
I know some can be store bought and fermented foods can help if you do not wish to purchase from the store, but you may have some othere secrets up your sleeve and or Butt… :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes bacteria good and bad are in our bodies everywhere, the bad ones get in from leaky gut syndrome piggy backing in on food mainly. They then set up home in places where there is a rich supply of what they want, normally blood glucose. As westerners usually eat more carbs than is good we get a lot of blood glucose which the brain uses a lot of if we are not producing keytones, this is nnow being cited as the cause for most autoimmune diseases in the brain and is also called type 3 diabetes.

They do talk to each other via enzymes and hormones, bad ones can turn good ones bad.

Food cravings are either bacteria creating hormones so they can get what they want to eat, or it’s a dopamine response to mainly sugar and refined carbs, which the bad bacteria love.

Long chain sugars are the best pre biotic, from fibrous foods like leeks, or anything with a lot of fiber as well as fermented foods. Short chain sugars are not good, like anything made from cereal grains, rice and potatoes, although if you cook potatoes and then eat them cold, the short chain sugars re join to become long chain.

Eating diverse foods tgat are raw and rich in polyphenols, purple and blue colors adds to our mitochondria in a very powerful way, but anything that is brightly colored is good like spices, but not nessacarily all of it seeds and skins can contain leptins which are toxic and what a plant produces to stop it being eaten. Sheep or goats dairy is really benificial, more so if unpasteurized. Avoid meat, and veg thats not organic as its got antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and farmed fish has antibiotics as well.

Getting your hands dirty in the garden, rolling around in forrest soil, not cleaning your house constantly with antisceptic alcohol. Use less cleaning products on your hair and body lol. Get a pet like a dog or cat they have diverse bacteria, which tgey share especially when they lick your face :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you grow organic, you know how benificial the soil bacteria is to the plant, its the same for everything, just that a plants stomach is on the outside not inside. Whatever you do for your plants to improve bacteria is applicable to us.

6 Likes

@Shadey , you’re the man. Thank you for the well put info :+1:

3 Likes

Yea man!
Thank you soo much for taking the time to share you brain with us. :sunglasses:

1 Like

send the info to me and i’ll write it up, publish it, and put your name first and only take credit for the write up. seriously.

Macrophages are a type of white blood cell, not a microbe.

1 Like

Short on time, would need to get references together. I need to do the same in order to go up against our workplace compensation organization. Trying to get things in order for the upcoming building season, demo the basement, get an engineer in here to write up what needs to be done so my house does not fall into the ground.

2 Likes

no hurry. time doesn’t exist. no rush at all. good luck with the house though, hope it all works out for you.

iirc you can reheat the potatoes and they’ll still retain their resistant starch :+1:

2 Likes

Cut into slices, fried and then smothered in eggs, ketchup. A little fried onions and garlic, a Caesar salad?

2 Likes

I know bread can be frozen after baking and when thawed does the same as potatoes, reducing blood glucose 35% and if toasted after freezing another reduces it another 15%. I did not know if you re heat the potatoes they would still keep their long chain sugars, you have just made my life better, cold potato salad in winter is not much fun lol.

4 Likes

Bump for more talk on this topic, I feel everyone here could benefit from this knowledge.

2 Likes

Genetics Lab curing disease

2 Likes

Researchers have found that Alzheimer’s symptoms can be transferred to a healthy young organism via the gut microbiota, confirming its role in the disease.

2 Likes