Socal Seed Vault - Anyone dealt with them?

Does anyone know what the alter ego story is?

3 Likes

I would also like to know this

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Btw the Colombian Gold appears to be in stock right now! One pack only!

1 Like

I do not know much, but Texasjack who worked with Classic has vouched for Alter Ego’s work.

2 Likes

Things moving along nicely as calyxes start to swell on the Oaxaqueña

4 Likes

SoCal Seed Vault is the best. I’ve ordered from them many times.

The Ghost OG S1 I have been showing pics of is from them and the Triangle Kush S1.

Though I have had some red flags also and as anything goes here is life.

• If CSI HUMBOLDT description of the S1s is true, Socal Seed Valuts Triangle Kush S1 isn’t true Triangle Kush. The 5 plants I got was quite homozygous and had a very narrow phenotypical range, with the exact smell, high and expression/structure. Only difference between them was yield. Also the plants, buds and leafstructure doesn’t look like pictures of the cut. I have to say that the plant I saved is one of the best indicas I ever smoked though and I’m very happy I purchased these.
  • Their Northern Lights #1 is sus as fuck and the description is not describing what NL1 is suppose to be. Never ever heard of a Thai leaning NL1. I did wrote them a email about it and warned them, but no response. Here is the description:

"Northern Lights #1 is an old school strain dating back to the beginning. A buddy of mine ran this strains and 2 pheno’s popped. 1 was the Indian Jims 1970’s Thai and the other an Afghani. He said the Thai leaning is better and very intense. Smoke with caution. The Afghani was good but not as good according to him. A true gem from Alter and a piece of cannabis history preserved.

Flowering time: 11 weeks on the Thai leaning Pheno and 8 1/2 weeks on the Afghani leaning Pheno".
NL1 is suppose to be either a Purest Indica x Nevilles Mazari or if you believe Todd, it’s a Purest Indica F2. Anywho, it’s impossible that you would get 11week thai phenos from the real NL1, if it wasn’t contaminated.

Do I think that SoCal is a scammer? Big NO.
But I do think it’s a individual that doesn’t care to provide nor have the knowledge to provide accurate information to the customer. Also for me, the fact that he didn’t even answer my mail about the NL1 issue, gives the vide that he like to ignore uncomfortable things. Which in my book is another red flag for a seedbank.

Good and honest people shot straight and are not avoiding customers questions.

I give SoCal 6/10, original score would have been 9/10 but the three red flags can’t be ignored.

This is why I won’t buy any of SoCal’s gear that isn’t specifying a reproduction of another reputable breeder and I want to warn others to do research when ordering old school/heirloom gear from these guys. It’s a good chance you will end up with something else.

Edit: Worth mentioning after asking around, even though it’s drama and rumours. But it’s said that one reason SoCal Seed Vault got removed from strainly is because they false labeled gear… Take it with a huge spoon of salt, but after my findings I start to wonder 🫣 Let the saga continue…

Pz :v:t2:

This is true

https://www.icmag.com/threads/classic-seeds-pictures.369715/post-18197971

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your observations. I have been curious about others’ experiences with different heirlooms.

re: your edit at the end-I was wondering why SoCal left Strainly-I noticed they left around the past six months when Strainly made some significant changes and started imposing an additional fee on sellers so I assumed it was because of that. I think they switched over to Bitcoin and imposed a 7% fee. Maybe there is more to it. At any rate, I would be interested to hear more experiences from other growers regarding their heirlooms especially classic’s repros.

2 Likes

For added context here is a post by Kropduster who also sells heirlooms on Strainly:

5 Likes

That whole situation was so stupid, they destroyed a flawed but very useful site where you could find really interesting and cheap things. @KropDuster has his own website now, so you can order direct, his prices are very good and the genetics interesting:

https://kropduster.com/

Keeping it on topic, here’s an old user Smoke-A-Lot who’s back online and still growing SoCal genetics:

3 Likes

I’m back on Strainly. After Strainly started to allow vendors to use multiple payment options once again I talked to Alan the owner, patched things up and re joined the site. When things changed it affected everyone’s bottom line so feelings got heated. Time has passed things got better and now all is good.

10 Likes

They have?? I thought it was only Bitcoin still.

I had a pack listed and someone expressed interest last week… I noticed that the ability to email/message the prospective buyer wasn’t available anymore like it used to be… the only option I saw was what looked like a forced Bitcoin transaction. It was awful.

I definitely like the way it used to be… even though Strainly seemed to be crowded with scammers… once in a while you’d find a jewel here and there.

2 Likes

Colombian Gold - Old reeferman stock… back @SSV

2 Likes

As a vendor you have to pay the 6% fee up front in order to respond to your buyers. If you could just chit chat back n forth then you’d circumnavigate the seller fee.
I’m ok with 6% going to Strainly for hosting my sales. Once you pay the fee per sale you can respond to the buyer and they can tell you how they want to pay. Strainly doesn’t host the transaction you do just like before except they get a 6% fee up front.
I also have my own web site and as time goes on more go there to buy but I still get a decent amount of traction on Strainly.

4 Likes

SSV is legit and so are their strains.

5 Likes

I’m LOVING my purchases from SoCalSeed Vault, excellent germination rates, solid plants!
However the plants do need a much better tender, but that is not on SoCal!!

3 Likes

Hi. Ive purchased some beans from there website.
Nice folks, exzellent and fast communication.
They threw a Ton freebies in.
Packaging was exzellent.
The letter ran without problems into the EU.
Full recommandation from me :blush::+1:

6 Likes

great bank with quality genetics !!! used them a while back to purchase some BOG genetics

2 Likes

Really socal said he left strainly because he thought the owner of strainly “sold out” because of the whole bitcoin thing last year,He opened up his own site called marketplace,also has his own site for just his gear,but he was selling strains from “white label”,when I asked him he said the breeder didn’t want him to use his name,idk,I got a bunch of gear he sent me a bunch of free packs a bunch of cherry pie kush breathe bx,and all diff cherry pie strains I’ve yet to hunt,but the ones I did grow looked and smelled legit,he was always helpful.

3 Likes

Yeah, there is two sides of a coin. I have no clue, I just wanted to say it straight.

Also their Northern Lights #1 is not the real Northern Lights #1. I’ve seen grow out of those and it’s not a NL1 at all, I would say that it’s NL5 x NL1 at best…

So I do understand his approach to me when asking since it’s not even the real shit he’s selling. So I just want to say that be careful… I have already thrown away the NL1s I ordered from Socal…

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes