Some questions on genetics and breeding

Im not trying to recreate it, I dont plan to try to recreate any known strains, I just trying to find the strains I want, that actually have the right genetics crossed with Ruderalis so that I can do the crosses that I want to make.

Like I want to cross Auto Green Crack with Auto Crystal M.E.T.H for example. But I need to find someone that already crossed both of those photo strains with Ruderalis.

1 Like

Someone will have done it I’m sure, you can also cross the photos and then make it auto. that way you can make sure you have what you want before you cross the ruderalis into it,

2 Likes

I am not so much concerned with the unstable as far as them popping different phenos, More concerned with them being the ACTUAL strains I order, I plan to do the back crossing and pheno hunting on the ones i cross myself.

But If I order Green Crack Auto Fem, I expect to get Green crack crossed with Ruderalis and then Auto Hunted to ensure it auto flowers and reversed to ensure Fems. What I dont want to happen is pay for Green Crack Auto Fem and end up getting some generic auto Kush fem with the Green crack name slapped on it.

1 Like

Simple answer. Who do your trust?

You’ve been given some options.

5 Likes

I trust the answers I have been given here totally. The only problem is that the answers I have been given do not have the strains that I am looking for. I have 2 lists of strains I want to find, that i would prefer to find in an auto. Ideally I would like to find a trusted site or breeder/breeders that have the strains on these two lists.

1 )Pineapple auto
2 )Cinderella 99
3 )Auto Zamaldelica
4 )Zamal Express
5 )acdc
6 )harlequin
7 )harlytsu
8 )sour tsunami
9 )Wedding Cake
10 )Blue Dream
11 )Trainwreck
12 )Pineapple Express
13 )Wonder Cookie
14 )Gorilla Grease

OG Strains list

1 )Jack Herer
2 )Durban Poison
3 )White Widow
4 )Super Silver Haze
5 )acapulco gold
6 )Sour Diesel
7 )Purple Thai strain
8 )Green Crack
9 )Lemon Haze Strain
10 )colombian red dot
11 )colombian gold
12 )Purple Haze
13 )Lamb’s Bread
14 )Hindu Kush
15 )Panama Red
16 )Thai Stick Strain
17 )Crystal M.E.T.H

@Ace71975 I know this is boring answer, but you have to do your own research of what you are interested in.

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

We can’t give you all the answers. It just takes time and research. ACE makes a bunch of auto strains with some of those landraces (hybridized or worked down) like Zamaldelica. I trust ACE stuff. 99% of these “auto strains” will be bullshit for you. Ruderalis will stop you from getting high, literally. What do you think that does to whatever female it is paired with? It Only decreases quality and muddles effects. You could try to make your own crosses with a Mediterranean hash plant like beldia or lebanese or sinai which are semi autoflowering. Cross that to a good female. Problem is that the fastest flowering males are not usually the best ones. If that’s what you want though it would be a better compromise than some shitty ruderalis plant.

Also

Not a large study but it was noted

2 Likes

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean you dont have to change the light schedule? Does this mean they flower faster? Do consider, I am on my first grow and still learning.

If this is the case, then how exactly are all the people growing autos still getting high? Serious question not trying to cause offense. Example, the Youtube channel “Hiagain” a couple based out of Mich, the vast majoity of what they grow are autos and they are always pretty baked. So I am honestly confused by this statement because there are quite a few trusted breeders like Metaphisto doing autos with Ruderalis genetics, and if people were not getting anything off their plants you would think that they would have went out of business?

If you take a very high THC producing plant and mix it with no thc high CBD plant it will just decrease and muddle the effects of the variety. You will probably still get high but it is a shitty representation of what the strain actually is. Like if you took the look of a 5 star restaurant and put a Burger King kitchen in the back. You’re really asking rather basic questions. Are you unable to google or take the advice given to you previously on here?

3 Likes

I am very well able to google and have, the problem with google ask 1 question get 50 answers, and try to guess which is right, plus companies using SEO makes it hard to find accurate info. Of course im asking basic questions, that is what people new to something do, would you expect a beginner to ask advanced questions? I ask for advice on where to find good autos, with legit genetics, and I have the sites people say are trusted for legit autos book marked so yes, I do take the advice, when the advice applies to my question, but when you ask “where to find an auto version of a certian strain that can be trusted” and the answer is “grow a photo period” that isnt really helpful if im being honest. when I do decided to grow photo periods, I have all the sites that have been suggested for those bookmarked, but I simply prefer growing autos for now. Once I have the process down for this plant, know what im doing, and have had the time to get the money around for a better and easier to set light timer, I will very likely grow photos, but considering I am unable to work due to my health conditions, that could take a while, and in the mean time, I am just trying to get some pain relief.

I think you need to re-examine your priorities.

Why do you NEED strains from this list? If you just want some pain relief then pretty much anything will do.

It also sounds like you’re in a financial bind. You can find seeds here, for free, if you’re nice. Put the money towards your timer and not towards fancy 100% certified legit by an external source genetics.

I can send you seeds but they won’t be autos

4 Likes

Mostly the strains on the OG list are strains that I have researched that are less likly to cause me to be non-functional and couch locked, other than the hindu Kush and that was for bedtime. My priorites are Not non-functional, Not couch locked and pain relief, that about covers what im after. If it also helps with my ADHD and Autism, that would be great too.

To explain What I want to avoid, the last Joint I smoked about 5 years ago, No idea the strain a friend gave it to me for helping her move some stuff for one of her friends, I stared at the wall for what I thought was 30 seconds, and when I looked at the clock 3 hours had passed, It literally shut my brain off. That is the type of effect I want to avoid. I wouldnt mind if it slowed my ADHD brain down some, but off is too much.

1 Like

These things are not absolute. It’s also a question of dose. I rarely take more than a few hits off a joint. If I smoked a cannon of some of them it would be lights out.

If I were you, which I’m not, I would get a timer, get 4 free strains from a generous OG benefactor and go through trial and error. Reviews are rarely worth shit.

Or just buy something from Mephisto.

5 Likes

Right, and of course there is always the fact that the same joint will effect two different people differently depending on their physology and tolerance. What lights me up and gives me energy may make the next guy pass out.

So are you actually looking for advice or just validation for your preconceived notions?

2 Likes

Advice and information on if my preconceived notions based on my research are right or wrong. From what I have found, Sativas are less likely to cause couch lock than indicas. Of course my research has also said that at this point, Autos are on par photo periords, which a lot of people seem to disagree with.

Of course the Unicorn would be finding a company with legit genetics making autos with the strains I want that are not 20 bucks a bean, but I accept that will likely not happen. So shy of that, Advice on a strain that will help with Pain,adhd,and autism without making me totally non-functional and acting like the white dude in the Movie Half Baked.

As @foreigner said, take a lower dose and smoke less. You’re really handicapping yourself with the unwillingness to look at photoperiod plants.

5 Likes

$10 a seed. One of the most impressive autos ive ever seen. Doesn’t mean i’d smoke it. Rather just get the TK somehow. There are places to get ACE seeds for about 10 a fem seed also. Otherwise just buy what you want and grow it and see what you like because that’s the only way to know. People can’t answer these questions for you, only time and experience can. I learned immediately that autos were shit after my first ever grow with them.

3 Likes

I have a New timer On the list of things to get, and im not unwilling to do photoperiord plants, its just right now, with my current equiptment its not really an option. I have a few things that Have to come before the timer but once i get it I am totally willing to do fem photoperiods. I am however hesitant to do reg seeds because I really cant afford to waste nutes,water,lights, and time on a plant only to have to chop it down because its male. If i grow it and it doesnt die it has to flower.

Bookmarked thank you!

1 Like