Sour Diesel in the Closet

Here self-confessed and semi-apologetic old school bogarter @MikeyMeteor will back up his trash talk and grow out whatever sour diesel type plants @JustANobody suggests. Let’s overgrow the world. It will be completely transparent so we can learn and discuss for fun.

22 Likes

I’ll be sending you the AJ’s Sour Diesel snips and AJ’s Sour Diesel x Mango Hashplant

16 Likes

Umm , transparent.

17 Likes

yeah @hashpants is here, good I don’t know what the heck I’m doing hahah OG you guys got me in too deep -

When I think of Sour Diesel in 2024 I think of the movie Ratatouille… it’s kind of like when you watch Wizard of Oz and wait for the lions roar and swap it out with Pink floyd. You can swap out Ratatouille with Sour Diesel and all it will all make sense.

84 days sounds nice, but when do you start counting? Diesel meant power, but it was a clear, uplifting power good for the train in the tunnel.

So I can’t follow the story of the AJ cut, but it seems pretty accurate within it’s realm, things are blurry for all of us from back then and I expect that to be true of most generations especially you dabbers nowadays are in trouble and you old hippies that said acid was good for us yeah right sorta man - I smoked most of my sour d in new york city between around 97-2003, but I also remember Sour Diesel from upstate new york and New England. I smoked Sour D in Glens Falls, Lake George, Woodstock, and a few other upstate towns in the 90’s early 2000s. The weed from upstate at the time I noticed to always be fresher, more abundant and skunkier. I probably smoked pounds of the real sour d, but that’s only because it was always around. I couldn’t afford it usually and not in quantity, so it always went fast. We would chip in for sour d and I would buy larger amounts of more reasonably priced herb.

So depending on your 90’s underground Sour D music preference - let’s put on that 90’s jungle and drum & Bass, or wnyu 89.1 dj riz and mayhem tape, cro-mags, or go straight to the wetlands and phish and widespread panic

• Let’s grow some Sour D for my old friends that can’t smoke it anymore

and even more so… Let’s grow some Sour D for

the ones that can!

The next post will be arrival of clones/snips and highly scientific Sour D winging it

14 Likes

You can literally see the notocord. Way cool

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you get up to here @MikeyMeteor!
I bought a bag labeled ECSD once in 2016. It’s the only time I had it, a neighbor of a friend had a family member who had connections in California so that was my main hookup for any strains with a name at the time. Man, that was the best connect I ever had.

I vaped some of that ECSD on my way to a job interview - and got the job :laughing: Evidently I was sociable that day

Gonna tune in to this jam you got here for sure. Speaking of jams, did someone say Phish and Panic?

Why not let’s add a little moe. for good luck and good measure

3 Likes

Around the time this album got really popular was the Sour D flood in New York which coincided with the crippie in Miami - too different legendary powerful strains worth chasing.

Is it a requirement to be an asshole to grow good Sour D?

Most people say I’m sweet, funny, kind, and too nice.

Most of the time

But then I get walked on…

And close ones are like

what the fuck is wrong with you Mike?

You crazy asshole motherfucker.

But that’s when

I apologize. You’re right

Let’s light up this Sour D listen to some music…

I’m sorry I became a huge asshole

Cough

I realize it. I’m calm now. I wasn’t thinking. Too much adrenaline. Too much espresso.

Sometimes are weakness are our greatest strengths.

Joe da asshole grows the best Sour D. It’s gotta be true.

This is not lamsbread, oaxaca, or some spiritual shit.

This coca cola is the mixer for your crazy ass fucked up life. The real one, not the dream. The gritty, fucking get shit done. Fall down 99 smoke a blunt of Sour D get up a 100 and bring your friends and even enemies with you. Because you’re that kind, that special, that strong.

Sour D iFor cherishing your lover. For laughing with your best friend. For riding the train and walking the city alone with headphones on. Visual music video. Alone but together. The blunt for thanksgiving dinner with family. The bat hit when you got fired or bong hits with a new brazilian drummer for the band that didn’t know new york weed, down to earth. Sour D will accept you all. Rise with her.

Embrace the asshole in you and turn it to love and bliss.

The AJ Sour Diesel cut

My misspent youth will knock at the door and give me the finger and piss on my door drunk of Olde E. I can’t believe I drank that shit gross.

Fucking punk new york brat shitty graffiti and minimum wage

not anymore

This is destiny

I choose to have no fear

It won’t get ripped off in transit or wilt.

I will speak you to directly my unknown crush

Thin line between us

The love and hate

You know our relationship wasn’t perfect

, but we really loved each other…

It was true love

I didn’t even know what it mean at the time

I took you for granted you were always around

You remember me right?

The times we had?

Are you smiling back at me?

I knew you would.

I mean I hoped.

It’s only me and you Sour D

You and I

it doesn’t matter what anybody says.

Everyone can look.

See our love. It’s no secret to the world.

Soon we’ll be the only two.

It doesn’t matter how many people crush on you Sour D

I can get past all that.

I will protect you with all my heart

I will let them tissue culture you

And take you to the moon

And

when the smartest brains on the planet

spaceship goes out of power

Because even the nicest spaceships eventually all go out of power

And then it’s time to take that that last bong hit

that Ratatouille moment

It’s only you Sour D

There’s no question

But for now…

Keep the 90’s music going

It’s hard to wait

Without music

I need Jam bands, rave, golden era hip hop, grunge, metal dancehall whatever

Let’s make this about Sour D grow about music and love

The sour D vibe is filled with the best assholes in the world

that combine like Voltron and create soul brothers and sisters

not the battleground

I want you all to myself Sour D

But you’re so good medicine I have to share you

And let everyone know

Directions to grow for AJ, Karma, and other OG crews

Latitude 40.706001,
Longitude is -73.997002

If you guys want I’ll pollinate the lowers

It’s OG might as well…

I have lots of plants so we can choose a male together to hit the lowers and I’ll keep 20 and give the rest out…

8 Likes

Wheres mine? Im jk look forward to the grow.

1 Like

while we wait

Til Shiloh was described as an introspective record.[3] Its themes mainly explore Buju’s then newfound faith in the Rastafari movement, with songs such as “Til I’m Laid to Rest”, and “Untold Stories”. This could be seen as a transition from the rude-bwoy style, made of glorifications of gun violence, to a more roots-oriented fashion.[4] Jo-Ann Greene of AllMusic said that the album “consolidated his move into social awareness and adopted a more mature, reflective tone that signaled Banton’s arrival as an artist able to make major creative statements”.[4]

The title track, which opened the album, was based on an introduction Banton had used in live shows. According to producer Donovan Germain, “'Til Shiloh mean forever.”[2]

1 Like

The part that makes me laugh is aj was a dealer not the grower :flushed:

2 Likes

Pondo bx1 is SD bx4 x Ponderosa Pine by @MG_Canna

4 Likes

Watching. Gonna be a fun run!

2 Likes

so I have

mars hydro tent 2.5 feet x 3 and 6 feet
mars hydro fce3000
four ac infinity self water (also requires top water dtw)
gh veg
gh flower
tps silica
tps nitrogen
epsom salts
bud blast
bti for fungus gnats
rooting solutions
ag fungicide
ac infinity infline fan 4"
phfresh filter 6" (we could grow the diesel out of tent if there is a smell reduction, some smell is fine. It already smells like a weed garden in here

a shot of the tent this morning for visual, I also have a small second hot tent and lots of nice airy window space with supplemental light the plants love

The hot tent veg tent kills a lot of plants the way I have it set up at the moment

• the flower tent will be good for the diesel flowering. It’s relatively easy to finish plants in there.

I’ve grown in soil, hydro, and coco - my coco grows yield sometimes are improving in flavor
i’d like to stick with coco since comfortable. This place is too hot for hydro without a chiller usually.

I’m open to suggestions I heard this cut stretches twice it size finishes around 80 days and likes nitrogen and mag which all sounds like normal stuff

And here’s the small hot tent from hell ac infinity small one but small closet 2 so not much choice.

I cleared it out a few days ago when the gnats left and not sure what to do with it I also have trays of nursery pots and shelving available and some other lights

I have these bar lights in there -

Supposed to be the seedling veg mother area but so far not the best temps and humidity air flow sucks

available pots
fabric pots 1,2,5 gallon
hard plastic nursery pots 1 gal that fit in tray with dome
1 gallon plastic round pots

ten bricks of fresh coco coming tomorrow

if i have time I rotate my plants in and out of tents also using window sunlight, which is very good here in spots but now limited in this seasons

here’s the blue tara from Johnny Potseed and hashpants durban in the window

they seem pretty happy lately and often are praying, but slow growth

there’s a lot more spots like this

also I’m open to switching the bloom and veg (i used to use masterblend, cal nit, mag to pretty good results)

or adding an auto feeding system since it will only be from 1 to 4 plants in there depending if scrog or what?

2 Likes

it’s a beautiful plant, is the first time you ran it? tell us more

1 Like

a list of mostly OG plants I have alive at the moment we may want to preserve in case male for pollinating the lowers…

mostly my aim is 4-8 solid plants that are eventually mothers, which I will probably keep in soil bonsai method in that hot tent if possible.

but half of these below that aren’t fems should be dudes and possible pollen donors.

Yogi
GTR
African Haze 11 x Dread Bread
Purple Empress x Dread Bread
Frankenstein (F)
Frankie’s Little Pony
Durban (F)
Old Jack (several) I think is a sannies repro
Keith Basement Dosimac
Orange Chiffon Dosi
Blue Tara
Tampa Crippie
Cripxmas B x
Affie
KC Cyber Krystal
Gummo
Dirty Taxi x Dream Beaver
Milk and Cookies
Neroli x Phone Home
Vietnam landrace (possible auto)
GG4 Ril

What would you guys do to both grow bud and breed a little Sour Diesel Ratatouille within these constraints? The more seeds I manage to make the more I will hand out.

I also selected some og seeds below that might make a good male to cross with aj

4 Likes

@Hashpants this was the diesel I got sent by @MG_Canna and thanks again these got passed to an old school grower out west because of an unfortunate fate, I will report back but are in his fridge, he’s great and will put them in soil and make trees but is busy. This plant was good like real diesel but with no smoke test I have no idea, but seemed right. That’s why OG website is always best. Even if same name it should always come from someone OG unless direct original breeder anyway this diesel I think at some point I made her reveg, she smelled like real diesel more sour gas than skunk, I’m not so good at describing I’ll try this time, but my kid destroyed this plant and others an intoxicated rage. It’s all forgiven and no problem now, but I never got to smoke this and was like six weeks away or less. It was sad, I also lost a frankie and that mm x nh x mal maze that was huge loss like five ounces at least in a closet hahaha… anyway shake it off - this grow I need to fill the tent one way or another with sour diesel… I know there’s a lot of good diesel in OG and that mango aj sour diesel the whole time I watched that grow never thinking I can handle it in my tent, but now I’m determined and can’t stop thinking of mangoes mango lassi mango mango diesel mango mango mango

I need to get good structure on the aj and aj x mango,

as many budsites as possible, but i want those fat diesel calyxes not small button og looking ones or chem, more swollen

that’s what it’s all about right, the calyx and the powerful clarity

I think also my headgasket g13 had some diesel leaning here’s a photo of that one, I couldn’t find one in flower, but it smoked kind of like diesel or headbanger, but taste was kind of nothing probably I messed up the cure

6 Likes

Set up sounds great, with winter coming your temps willbe dropping, cant wait to see how your diesel turns out. Looking very healthy so far. Good luck with your grow

3 Likes

Thank you - The big plant in the flower tent above is zamaldelica x kali china x png

I will grow out Ajs clone and ajs x mango hash plant from justanobody (not sure if always tag or not since mentioned often) and will veg these aj’snand try to fill this tent. I showed the landrace just to show we can fit a nice diesel but have been so far unsuccessful at filling my tent with sour d - the other diesel hybrids I grew in the past and were just reference also for my limited diesel growing experience

Also I want to make seeds and taste test for everyone since I’ve been running my mouth on this strain

5 Likes