Sour Diesel in the Closet

Looking great!

2 Likes

My cut of aj sour d grew whole ass male branch lowers on a female upper. I hope yours doesn’t.

1 Like

Haha me too, but I wouldn’t be surprised. What did you feed her?

Haven’t noticed anything like that in soil or coco.

1 Like

My amendment mix. All organic. No manure based amendments. If youre really interested i can give you the mix. Its somewhere in my journals.

1 Like

Oh like 15th cycle living soil. Reamended and mixed after every cycle. It was literally the only plant that decided to hermie. I was hella pissed cause i was excites to smoke some sour d like what i got back in the 90’s-2000’s.

1 Like

I legitimately home yours doesnt do like mine did. Killer smoke vibes 100%

1 Like

That’s similar to the soil I used. This is my first coco run of her. Did you have the verigated AJ’s or non Verigated AJ’s?

1 Like

Well aj’s sour d is known to hermie at the lightest stress. Had some sour d bx4 from ethos do the same thing. I vaguely remember reading something about thr AJ cut being the cut that is most likley to hermie from the “original” cuts of sour d.

Which AJ’s? The original that didn’t verigate or his new one that does.

@DavesNotHere you can post photos of your plants here and the herming. It’s nice to have shots and compare.

@JustANobody grew some great sour d and added the mango so we can learn a lot, since the run went well and he’s a great grower.

I’ll try to take daily photos so if it does herm we can see when and why.

I haven’t taken in many clones. The last experience with @Tykal’s African haze 11 Bronson cut was some of the most fun weed I ever grew or smoked.

I took in a bubba kush once and lilac diesel. Oh and the Oatz plant that was a weird one.

Every time I took in a clone. It has been something good but I usually just pop seeds.

How do you guys feel the best way to veg out the AJ sour D out, several single stalks or a bush?

I’m thinking a lot about what the optimal plant structure is?

2 Likes

It’s way too early for these kind of blatant lies sir.

She seems to really like to bush out in my opinion.

2 Likes

Perfect I think I’m always better growing bushes.

@Rippleseeds when you have a chance can you tell us more about that Stoney sour D male. That led to a really nice plant. Did you grow the Stoney or that was from pollen?

here is the plant I’m speaking of I sent snips out on this one, but lost him. He was a really nice male and actually would be great to pollinate the aj with.

stoneys x aj might be a nice compromise and something that rivals karma

Goals-
Smoke Test AJ cut - Ratatouille moment or No
Keep AJ mother
Grow better sour
Create dependable sour seeds for us that everyone likes

I am starting to think since we already have a refined OG mango from justanobody which also will be a bonsai mother I’ll keep, my AJ cross will be with another elite sour - I think we can make a more american New York sour than Karma and fix AJ’s gap in time for him

european weed and I’ve smoked a lot of it and love it, always has that european heady high, never the american power, the od high our weed can give you, even more so in california or florida - i really enjoy the hash and haze in europe - diesel I wouldn’t even smoke it over there, thats a joke, I remember once I was in Italy they’re asking me if I brough a phillie blunt because they just discovered wutang and redman, I just laughed, but the overseas Karma is an exception and we all know that.

the main issue for AJ’s sour is there was a gap in time and I understand this because the same happend to me not because legal stuff and drama with friends, but because I had a kid and missed the details of a decade of weed mostly 2011-2018 I didn’t follow strains, just smoked a little bud. I think because AJ and I are same age and generation and same hometown, I get why the sour changed, can we change it back? Only with you guys on OG. It’s the only hope. I’m excited and can’t wait to root these snips.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s refined, I haven’t had a chance to grow any out yet even at this point.

My printer ran out of ink while I was printing your label, so looks like pack will fly mid week instead of today.

2 Likes

copy that what do you think of Stoney’s. Is their pollen around for that one?

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about stoneys. I’m not a sour d expert or anything like that. I just got the AJ’s cut and we really liked it so we hang onto it and did a chuck with it. I don’t want people to think I’m some sour d expert, I’m not by any means.

3 Likes

ripple gave me 11 seeds I got one plant. It was one of the nicest plants in the last two years, you guys noticed what I had, but I didn’t realize it at the time. It was better than all that bodhi headgasket stuff, was it sour who knows?

and your sour looked better than 90% of sours out there, so in my book sour expert, maybe not old school sour expert, 2024 sour expert lol, but i like the humility it’s a nice balance

2 Likes

I think now a good plan would be

seed run using 3 aj sour diesel female clonse in 2 gallon pots,
each aj pollinated with a different sour diesel male or sour d hybrid of note.

males in 1 gallon pots
female in 2 gallon pots
coco semi-hydro wick with bubbler
scrog

since I can pop 30 seeds and everything has to be kept small and bonsai, we will adapt and do the best for the community to offer a new sour option, that is okay to pass around freely, but also more reminsicent of the closely held cuts that are better representations of nostalgic sour D at it’s best - calyx and high in my opinion, I’m not concerned about taste as long as it matches the flower profile, I think if you push it too loud it becomes headbanger and cali humbodlt, you push it too flavorful and it becomes some citrus shit that gives headaches… I’m going to give you guys a nice down to earth sour d, I need to work out how to yield as many seeds as possible while allowing 3 male donors to the seperate aj’s - maybe at least 300 seeds a plant

4 Likes

Nevermind, it’s heading out today.

7 Likes

Yes!!! I’m psyched

this sour D grow is dedicated in the honor of MCA from the Beasties.

6 Likes