Sour Diesel in the Closet

Torque and character I prefer to say but i agree for the whole post-2000. As EU old fart . Now historically the commercial grows in US produced a shit ton more cuts than any other country. Pleasing the streets is different challenge that pleasing home-growers. It’s not hierarchic in my mind, more a question of fate with the equation “cuts/seeds lines”.

Nice project anyway, i’m glad to see this legacy worked again. It’s a folkloric weed for me, its smoke shouldn’t be “snobized” or “glass-roofed”. Best wishes anyway, i will follow this.

1 Like

tell me more Fuel what’s your experience growing and smoking your favorite sour d? we always discuss let’s us know your true thoughts - sit down on the faux leather sour diesel couch

1 Like

Holly sh1t i’m waking-&-baking on a SD blunt atm ^^ You’re a fool to ask me this, i will flood your place lmao

But hell yeah buddy, i will be glad to trade intel as fuck ^^

AJ, “NY/cloney” and ECSD(chaco) is the only one i know with the hands. My favorite is the “cloney”, but i knew it 12 years ago in another lab more consistent and industrial. In fact i just hunted it back, it took over a year damned hell. Just before finding cloney and talking a bit about this clone he had i was at the point to just take an Albany and call it a day. Lucky shot of an OGer that recognized my accurate description on flora, growth etc … and that linked me with soprano. Impossibe story lol I bought it, smuggled in EU etc … no fairy tale. Just a chase.

For now i must say that i map the cut again and try many options. It’s a joy, it wasn’t something i had the time to do previously. You have tons of fun in front of you too ^^

1 Like

cool the cloney I believe I smoked a lot and is what was used for many delivery services here mid 2000s not sure if this can be confirmed but that I would say without proof, but with my spider sense tingling - that is 2000’s long island diesel and great. could be completely wrong

wednesday looks good for snip rooting the jam band gods are smiling down

I notice these things actually matter a lot for me and that’s why my growing style must remain adaptive and tips from the more experienced growers are welcome. everyone is invited to flood with 90’s sour d music, stories (within reason give us some photos), and whatever else weed talk you like, even business is fine within og rules, but be cool. I know you’re a good source and am happy to have you here. There are also a lot of new people joining OG everyday and all are welcome, new and old (especially old - I like tips to sort through and appreciate them)

as a new yorker I support the cloney soprano cut 100% whatever backstory it’s good and I don’t know him or at least don’t think I do - who knows I might without realizing it

if there was cloney pollen that would be cool, but that’s his thing - this is different more focused primarily on high and structure look goals, so when I look at my diesel it brings me back to that old high times shot late 1990s (if it exists) kind of like decoration for my apartment also, there is my picasso on the wall and yes that’s my sour d mother in the corner

of course in Brooklyn everyone has one…

also I know there are many nyc true sour d growers in this forum staying anonymous and hopefully following along, it would be cool to learn the hydro recipe, I’m not using it but I felt these old plants from nyc were pounded with silica and salts not by whoever grew for AJ, but when it became more mainstream. That’s how it tasted at least at the time. Salty

for me I can only go on memory and intuition and need you guys to fill in the blanks.

also beans other’s create can be shared here, but must have sour d - go nuts if anyone has sour d crosses they want grown out - pass them around here - the plan is this all culminates with giving out a 1000 seeds of 3 AJ crosses and me taste testing the AJ not from dispensary and all dry and abestos like lol.

1 Like

It’s exactly how we got it a first time with my ex-team, like exactly ^^ This cut never really made noise, but cash in a way. That’s my interpretation of its fate.

I support 100% that his “NY90/1st Edition shit” is 100% the SD i had in spain a while back ^^ But not much more, just the insurance it’s not the AJ and not the ECSD 100% sure. And the one he sold in 2023 only lol

Clone’s sellers aren’t activists or archivists in my book either, for me they are a service to handle. Nothing to complain about for this one, just maybe a bit ungratefull with all the documentation i sent him about the cut. He had none, we wasted too much time in an expert-quizz of this cut to compensate. Gladly it’s an happy end for me, but we should warn people that it’s not an easy game either. Before being linked with this cut and this holder by a third person … a fucking shit show. Fake, hybrids, S1s, Karma releases cuts … i saw everything during one year before ^^ Just a generalist warning / disclaimer.

Let’s roll some SD again, damn the jars are evaporating buddy.

As fuck i don’t knew this details thx. And i guess none european knew it.

:rofl: god, i know it’s kind of real in bonus.

So ^^ You have a plan or an approach for this bitch ? You played a bit with it previously or tested direct hybrids ?

Just chucked a plant in the tent when I did my Mango Hashplant open pollination. Seemed like they’d match nicely.

I do have some narrowed down pollen from the stretch indica male that matches the female I kept. I’d like to probably make a ajs sour d x Mango Hashplant v2 and start to look through those.

2 Likes

An interesting chemotype to consume i bet ^^

A joint venture with mikey to itch the Dutchies ? ^^
It make us objective allies then, in attacking the front with two cuts. If we find someone on the albany, we can form a triumvirat :rofl:

2 Likes

I sent 4 snips so he should have plenty to grow to some and play around with right off the bat.

3 Likes

@fuel unrelated question but what kind of strains did the albanians grow in europe in early 2000’s, they were selling lots of “grass” erba, but mostly I didn’t wanna see any weed in italy only hash, which was amazing especially il nero, I would love to make hash like that, but let’s not get too sidetracked, the dutch weed is always to my taste also some great german and spanish weed, france I’m not so sure, also I only smoke morrocan hash there, otherwise uk which was cheese and top shelf - anyway early 2000s - I’m enjoying the banter, very cool, good things happening and I like to learn more about the plants that really effected the gene pool in all regions

I’m a plant nerd like that also - that’s why I dig upstates and danks threads they’re captivating

the puzzle of what we were smoking hahah

back then we didn’t know - actually nowadays we kind of do know - especially when grow, I’m just a beginer maybe six or seven years from the growing side, but I’m starting to develop a relationship with the plants like durban and jack and landraces I love them because they’re wild in veg and that helps me get a strong plant

and albanians in new york they sold diesel i know that for a fact and it was good really good and cheaper than the rest (historic info)

(i know there are legalities of course, so general history from strain interest)

1 Like

A brit will be a lot more accurate to answer this question i think, i don’t even remember if it was after or before the viet wave of UK houses grow-op. I even think that the viets grow ops were the first in early 2000s, then the albanians ones later. A bit after the GSC/Cookie big bang or not, i don’t remember.

Yeah in hash we are well served at all prices and types ^^ Unfortunately i’m very much on flowers, more expensive choice here lol So not very skilled at hash, i just make some dry sift. Old school without being obsessional with contams …

The Dam coffee shops losted a lot of their shine in term of grade … they stay a long time our “lighthouse” during our pilgrimages as stoners-growers but quickly it switched only on the memory of this golden age grade. You have to know a bit but around Rotterdam there was some resistance, i don’t know today. It’s no longer a lighthouse for me ^^

I think the better is to come … the recent laws change helping.

Most amazing outdoor weed i’ve ever smoked while i lived there, but i must admit hashs too.

And you’re right ^^ The real good weed we talk about is extremely expensive and simply not available if you don’t enter in the loop sponsored. Street weed is overall meh and relatively rare outside big towns. It’s way more easy and cheap to find excellent import hash, almost everywhere in France. But we are good at cooking and making wines ^^

i don’t knew it too, thx. now lets bet wich one ^^

Whatever is the plan and the goal, if you need some lights on the procedure with the AJ don’t hesitate and shoot.

1 Like

ah you are french now I know next time I’m there, that problem solved hahaha I’m clever aren’t I? and I love weed - it is also good be my friend @Fuel I always have liked you

lets listen to some tricky together for the uk 90s you can give me that electro education and teach me about that one legendary french strain

i do love french electro, but know more brit and ny and the movie la haine is a classic along with any cheese and your supermarket wine is better than most of the restaurants in manhattan

I don’t think albanians brought diesel to italy in 90’s early 2000s they had it in the bronx and took it and sold it for cheap, but whatever weed they had in south europe, mild, excellent, fresh weak but refreshing for a new yorker, they grow like farmers, they brought that sensi homegrow over on a boat they bribed italians ahah that comedy but better than nothing - if you find good soil in italy when they legalize it’s all over minus the politics toscana and umbria are like humbodlt and mendo and they know it - i hope they legalize soon you guys too - but your possession laws are always tolerant distribution not

uk trip hop right french is electro this is pretty dope french stuff

most diesel that went to europe probably went from dutch and connoisseurs in each country - your english is excellent by the way - in french I only know pardon merci

i also dug gojira at the olympics was cool for me - seems they block that video

the hash I’ve smoked in paris was during work and from the moroccans in the park in the north near a hotel I stayed was good enough and better than nothing, but mehhh neighborhood kinda seemed like the bronx - for an american cheap morrocan hash especialy from france can still be a major guilty pleasure I love that and smoke it until I’m coughing in that paris rain - i love it as much as diesel probably - a spliff with tobacco morrocan hash from north of paris and new york sour d that’s killer - I’ll smoke that and eat in a cafe outdoors and spend 80 euro hahaha thats a form of heaven - i like paris but next trip want to explore france especially north and by seaside

teach us about that french strain I’m waiting for 4 AJ sour D snips in the mail fed ex or dhl or some shit I know my mail guys uh oh depends which one - as the kids say in new york one is no doubt sheisty - I won’t be able to relax only good music until they are in my hands - i wanna hear story of the killer french strain I don’t even know them - hash education is fine too

but if I name a strain after anyone french it’s gonna be you fuel hhaha or Brigitte Lahaie I like her too. she deserves a strain

i think an AJ sour d mixed with something french is a strain named Brigitte Lahaie that I am creating now as one of the three

tricky is speaking to me that album is so good

next cassius than my favorite daft punk

1 Like

@ManyManySpliffs I’m getting one french male maybe from fuel or maybe instructed and I find it myself - you’re nyc right help me with second donor the jamaican male here’s a chance make your name - catch up on the thread and let’s toss some pollen - something more segal flower posse era no offense but not the lambsbread or blue mountain I got those already and those aren’t the right one for this project…

remember that delivery service sour in bk gtrain clinton hill tyson does not cubes baggie like what became 20s but they were close to 7 grams maybe 5 - something like that - that kind of weed - if you know what I mean

if you’re who you say you are let’s do it - whats’ the second male - I want true jamaican!

3 male donors for the AJ sour

one french - maybe by Fuel or directed if willing - (INVITED)
one jamaican - need to discuss right one (let’s do this - make your name what’s the right male for aj sour d grown in queens in a fucking closet with my skills? for the crew at home and OG seed distribution? (INVITED)
male 3 - @hashpants decides - probably not durban you got something old school like sour and male we have time (INVITED) can be a landreace, but should be 12 weeks pure if that exists.

if you guys aren’t down no problem I have others in mind that can make this happen, but your first choice for momentum and energy!

If I want I can walk outside five minutes and grab the real sour d, but we’re doing this OG

4 Likes

that would be funny to do an AI of iron mike running for the diesel - Mike if you’re there say hi - I know you have a brand now - I see it everywhere in the city the diesel actually - we met back like two months after 9-11 - I like you - haven’t tried your weed yet - remember that jamaican bud in clinton hill/flatbush? it was pretty good

(public service announcement)

2 Likes

my kid smokes that tyson diesel with their crew hah they steal it i think it’s expensive how terrible but maybe it’s good I don’t know

1 Like

These used to come in separate plastic I may soak half today and prepare the fabric one gallons.

Seems right size for snips in coco and easy for transplant. A little smaller would be good but these should work.

I usually use two solo cops one clear and one red.

My phone photos are always too big for og and have to change the size by screenshotting it’s annoying did the photo size limits go down?

2 Likes

Okay that took like five minutes now I’m just going to pour boiling water in the coco until no smell and water runs clean after that I’ll drench them once or twice
with low nute solution and let them mostly dry out awaiting the clones. I will make sure they’re not exactly the same in case I messed up somewhere so there’s a slight environmental variety. They should be arriving in the rain so we’ll see. Loosey goosey

I will also keep them covered from pests but I won’t be so careful since most likely we’ll deal with some minor ones and handle it organically

3 Likes

post what you want here anyone we’re waiting for the moment of truth. I have strong indica, but not that strong - man aj’s is a long time coming

1 Like

I’d luv to help out with your project but not understanding what you need, some male pollen or Jamaican seeds. Plus I’m not in NYC anymore, left in '04. I’m in Jamaica the island, not Jamaica Queens :laughing: Let me know what’s up and I’ll get back to you.

4 Likes

I remember those times here in the Bay. 215 days. Good times. This project feels important. Many blessings.

Bought this as a teen from Clone Conservatory in Ukiah dude named Greg. Sour Diesel.? Put her in a SIP with all kinda organic goodness. She gets top watered like 20 oz. Cal Mag occasionally.

3 Likes

I’m looking for Jamaican seeds for a male or pollen to breed with this aj cut and I’m passing out the beans whoever provides the males and pollen can get whatever is fair, I don’t need so many and I’ll be keeping a mom of the aj and mango, but I’ll spread the love and respect you want to show off your genetics in the other thread - a jamaican strain 14 weeks or less that could provide a nice male would be nice- think about it - open offer no rush - we’ll fine tune the plan

also if nyc I can just meet them, I can just source that myself, but was doing all og for fun and to make a great diesel cross for us - all inclusive - but nyc style and you know the diesel i mean

3 Likes