Sour Diesel Thread

Some good 2019 discussion of European SD and ECSD cuts like Riri, Chaco, DHK and more,with @mustafunk @MAHAKALA and others, can’t find the original Musta post where he mentions talking with @santero and @DocGreenStone but there’s a bunch of good stuff in here:

@3rd-3yed

”Hi bro, I agree with Santero, Maha and you for the most part and needed to make a general reply on the fake DHK/V3 topic.

I know the fake DHK was sent in Europe in 2007 to French grower/ clones afficionado “Flying”, he recepted her along with Katsu Bubba, Steve’s Sweet Skunk, DPD etc from oversea and started to share the cut in Europe under the ECSD DHK tag, thinking at the time that it was the real ECSD… All his other clones were legits so he wrote it up as it came to him. The mislabelling of this clone originaly happened in US before 2007.

This Fake DHK was then relabelled V3 by someone in France just a few years back, around 2012 I think when JGL sourced the real ECSD from Chaco and this fake DHK cut started to create confusion. Which grower did the rename and why idk.

I’ve discussed this topic with Maha some months ago and told him my personal theory on that fake DHK/V3: to me it have way more chance to come from the first IBL release like Riri than from the V3. In 2004 the V3 was released in really limited quantity and so much more people were able to grab Sour D IBL via the 2006 drop instead.

Musta I also agree with what you said about the structure and calyxes formation closer to Riri. As far as structure Karma’s 06’ SD IBL cut looks also really similar, another great exemple are 06’ Sour D IBL pics from JLP’s gallery here.

The fake DHK is somewhat closer to ECSD Chaco but imo ONLY for the fuely side. I also detect the floral Linalool part and sourness reminding me Riri, but it’s just way more subtle and diluted behind the fuel, so I’ve finally came to the conclusion that it’s just another 06’ SD IBL pheno leaning a bit more on the fuel side than floral, like Santero wrote it up.

I’ve dropped the DHK/V3 tag last year and put instead SD IBL or I just call it Sour D…“

10 Likes