Sour Diesel Thread

Btw, mine were tester packs that I grabbed from AKBB while shooting the shit at his house about 4 years back.

2 Likes

Well those should be legit at least lol ^^

5 Likes

That sucks to not get what you ordered.
At least Dave is a super cool guy that admitted he was wrong and tried to make it right.
I get the feeling that someone in his crew may have not been keeping accurate records as to who was getting crossed to what.
Just speculation on my part.

4 Likes

To nobody in particular: okay, that was a noob question, I guess. Grow diary on the way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any one have a pictures they could share of a legit chaco ecsd? Wanna see how it looks. To compare a friends cut! Hope some out there can help.

2 Likes

karma genetics sour diesel bx2

3 Likes

I feel like I heard in a podcast that the albany boys were sold seeded flower but the flower was so :fire::fire::fire: they kept the seeds and grew them ,which then resulted in diesel 1 & 2. They gave a cut back to weasel (I think )

4 Likes

Some good 2019 discussion of European SD and ECSD cuts like Riri, Chaco, DHK and more,with @mustafunk @MAHAKALA and others, can’t find the original Musta post where he mentions talking with @santero and @DocGreenStone but there’s a bunch of good stuff in here:

@3rd-3yed

”Hi bro, I agree with Santero, Maha and you for the most part and needed to make a general reply on the fake DHK/V3 topic.

I know the fake DHK was sent in Europe in 2007 to French grower/ clones afficionado “Flying”, he recepted her along with Katsu Bubba, Steve’s Sweet Skunk, DPD etc from oversea and started to share the cut in Europe under the ECSD DHK tag, thinking at the time that it was the real ECSD… All his other clones were legits so he wrote it up as it came to him. The mislabelling of this clone originaly happened in US before 2007.

This Fake DHK was then relabelled V3 by someone in France just a few years back, around 2012 I think when JGL sourced the real ECSD from Chaco and this fake DHK cut started to create confusion. Which grower did the rename and why idk.

I’ve discussed this topic with Maha some months ago and told him my personal theory on that fake DHK/V3: to me it have way more chance to come from the first IBL release like Riri than from the V3. In 2004 the V3 was released in really limited quantity and so much more people were able to grab Sour D IBL via the 2006 drop instead.

Musta I also agree with what you said about the structure and calyxes formation closer to Riri. As far as structure Karma’s 06’ SD IBL cut looks also really similar, another great exemple are 06’ Sour D IBL pics from JLP’s gallery here.

The fake DHK is somewhat closer to ECSD Chaco but imo ONLY for the fuely side. I also detect the floral Linalool part and sourness reminding me Riri, but it’s just way more subtle and diluted behind the fuel, so I’ve finally came to the conclusion that it’s just another 06’ SD IBL pheno leaning a bit more on the fuel side than floral, like Santero wrote it up.

I’ve dropped the DHK/V3 tag last year and put instead SD IBL or I just call it Sour D…“

10 Likes

yeah, i compared them all, they were all very close to each other and for beginners it would be all
the same, haha. the differences were very subtle and nuanced, but noticable when you had grown
the originals for a while. my wife liked the chaco/dhk best, i must admit that i am more of a riri-type
of person (also because the riri is a bit more bodacious in comparsion to all the rest of the clones).
the v3 was not bad at all, just another expression. tbh, it was a welcome variant, since we all got used
to the dhk and riri so much … i got the “fake dhk” last, so had a good chance to see the difference,
after getting used to the original dhk and riri.

another episode was original diesel (which is different from the “sour”), those were here in form of
daywrecker and aj cut, those are much less floral and more fuel/dumpster. i loved them all but only
kept my fav (the riri) … i made a ton of crosses and pure diesels, but still have not explored them all.

19 Likes

There’s at least 3 folks breeding over there at topdawg. I can say money mike is doing cool/good shit for sure.

8 Likes

Thanks for the digging in this gigantic thread @Dirt_Wizard

I’m still myself unsure of what’s the ECSD lineage/relation to other SDs. If someone could quickly sum-up (if possible) they’ll get at least one like :slight_smile:

I think JGL got the ECSD sooner than that: USC started to release ECSD based crosses in early-mid 2011. Unless that was based on the fake one then. But I have 2 sourkush males here. One is a spider mite catcher, he’s often the only one infected, which seems to be a ECSD trait… Other similarities to ECSD pictures seems to confirm they’re related, but only one could really tell I guess

4 Likes

With Diesel in total - yes, but not with that particular strain, can you share the properties for it? I wonder what it was bereded with

1 Like

JGL allways used the same cuts for all HIS cross for USC,and that was not the “DHK”
i think cris used the Riri for one cross but i dont know if it was released or not under USC…

2 Likes

I don’t think USC released something based on the riri cut. Have no memory of such a thing at least. Probably JGL got the real ECSD sooner than the quoted text.

2 Likes

i dont remember when he got it, but i know he never used the dhk as he didn’t like the dhk and the Riri, Chris did use Riri with the PCK father but as i sayed dont know if it was released under USC or not but he made it, i have the beans in the fridge.

and yes it was before 2012…

4 Likes

Nice bud, is it that cross who is called Sour Apple? What terp profile she has?

2 Likes

That looks like my chair when paying videogames haha

I was doing my part to try to get all the old heads together so that we could get to the truth about Sour Diesel and ECSD. I contacted every single one of the original guys from the old crew except for the guy who found the ECSD. Adam Dunn must have thought I was a nut or something and never took me seriously when I proposed we do a private, invitation only discussion with everyone so we could collectively reassemble the truth. I quit the scene right in the middle of it all though.

Adam Dunn has the ECSD finders phone number. I forget his name though. Everyone else from the old crew was willing to meet in private and talk though. Even Klopp who is very resistant (and old). Klopp is an ok guy, but like me, has REALLY bad memory. lol

I clearly delineated the real questions but I cant even remember what they were. I do remember that the most pressing issue was a discrepancy between what Klopp shared and what AJ recieved. A time discrepancy. Like Klopp said he passed a cut to AJ but there was not sufficient time for him to produce that cut. SOmething like that. I have REALLY bad memory, that is why i write things down. Its all gone now though.

But yeah, many years ago I was somewhat an authority on the history of OG, Bubba Kush, Chems, Sour Diesel, ECSD, and many others. I would take anything I say now with a grain of salt, my memory sucks.

14 Likes

For everybody, here’s some good pics of the bud structure on 80’s vintage original Sensi Silver Pearl from someone who would rock our Solo Cup challenges:

17 Likes

Reminds me of Chem #4 :joy:

5 Likes