Sour Diesel Thread

yes when i say diesel i mean Sour D 90’s nyc - in other threads I talk like grower here I try to share more consumer low level guy that always saw smoked diesel with no afterthought at the time, take it with a grain of salt but all true - i would love to have something like that as a mother for nostalgia and am always hunting - one love to all

1 Like

Underdog/Original Diesel is Chem 91 x Sensi Northern Lights according to the breeder Klopp aka Weasel.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

I definitely remember a lemon/citrus type mouth coating thing going on with all the sour I got prior to 06ish

2 Likes

I thought/think the same on growth

2 Likes

fair enough haha

1 Like

oh thanks👍
i thought it was MSS instead of NL but my info old
Havent checked since those breeders came up on the youtube thingie

1 Like

Exactly, and Sour Diesel came from accidental pollination so lineage is unknown and a guess from other plants in the room at the time , and some of those there at the time disagree as to which plant it was

wait a second haha

does that mean you think different on flavor part? appreciate if you can ellaborate more

im familiar with sour d or sour d/og hybrids but only saw diesel via coffeeshops. never seen diesel plant so far

Well the Underdog was bred by Klopp and wasn’t an accident. He used an selected male from the Sensi Northern Lights to Chem 91.

Sour Diesel was an accident though. One of the runs of Underdog, a plant hermes in his garden and pollinated the Underdog. This weed was then sold to Albany Crew.

The plant which hermes was MSS, which was NOTORIOUS to spontaneously full out herm on you.

Since the MSS and SD share a lot of similarities and the herm fact, which is passed to the SD clones none the less. It’s no doubt MSS. I don’t recall exactly what other plants he had, but I think it was a Hawaiian plus some bag seed plant from years past.

6 Likes

I agree as in Original Diesel clone was more Gas Fuel and shorter stretch and quicker flowering.

I think the Sour Diesel was a tiny touch less Gas but didn’t get Lemon myself from any of the different Sour Diesel clones ( but others who run same exact clone has mentioned a tiny lemon hint in there grows so who knows)

Ive run many Lemon strains ove rthe years so maybe it wasn’t Lemon enough for me to pick it up ?

3 Likes

If you mean coffeshops Amsterdam ?, they never had the real Deal Diesel in the coffeshops , just Soma’s NYCD which is nothing to do with the American Original Diesel / Sour Diesel

3 Likes

Also never EVER seen late flower banana’s on the Original Diesel clone, but Sour Diesel was known for it

4 Likes

Exactly :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I think what I wanted to add to thread is we remember sour D, it was common then and part of new york, but to identify. I’m learning I probably couldn’t nowadays. I still feel huge nostalgia for it and it was always a branded strain from the beginning so ironically this thread is exactly what sour d is. A product an ad, which isn’t bad. It was a good deal then and would be today also, but in different context. More nostalgia and like comfort food.

remember back then its a city of 8 million and for weed there was like 4 strain names. it was mostly good or not the best. one or the other.

1 Like

I just find that so crazy because he would imply and talk down on this same behavior.

Wow… quite the bummer.

How hard is it to grow out a mother plant and fulfill those orders. Jesus

4 Likes

I haven’t seen what I used to get in almost 20 years.

All the sour I’ve seen these days has a floral thing going on it :mask:

1 Like

true and candy in everything and a different california fuel - it’s not a bad thing - I love all weed

The part of the conversation around the coupons and selling could have gone private.

4 Likes

Has anyone ran any of Tony Greens Sour D work or colabs?

2 Likes

i mean for those that grow colombian landraces, would anyone suspect sour d has colombian roots, historically that would make sense also as an alt history. and yes the warehouse in brooklyn in 90s possibly could’ve been a knockoff sour d - it did have a look and feel and big hydroponic colas usually - it’s an interesting tale

1 Like