Sour Diesel Thread

Hopefully I find a good Sour Kush in these

15 Likes

The cross was 2 Sowahh males and the female was the 95 Silver Haze I run. from The Nature Farm. Yea big plant for sure and dank when shes done a perfect mix of the 2 plants . Also yes I am actually pollinating a Sowahh with a 95 Silver haze male this round as well as already hit this plant above with pollen from the Silver Haze male I am flowering out now. . Should be interesting to see what comes out of that.

6 Likes

The ones in my tent are magnificent. About 6 weeks left I think. @SkunkHunt101 Are they about 10 weekers? 2 really reach for the lights with a few main branches, , but 1 is only moderately tall, and is growing like a shrub.
Any idea which traits are coming from which patent?
I’ll post some pics in my thread tomorrow.

3 Likes

I have totally changed my tune on the Albany Diesel and wanted to post an update. I have managed to improve my indoor soil environment and subsequently this is one of my favorite smokes now. It’s got some tennis ball skunk funk on the backend of that diesel, along with something else I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s truly dank and to be honest, I go for that jar more than the Chem 91 or D now. It’s crazy how it grew on me. :slight_smile:

I have Shoreline’s ECSD in final stages of veg so I am looking forward to the flip and to compare the two. They are definitely different plants.

BTW, I put that Albany outside proper like this year and it went from 1ft tall to 5ft and also survived the early mid 20F frosts in May and June. I’m letting it ripen as long as I can and so far it is surviving the first Winter frosts of 26-28F, after going through rain for a week and no mold.

The 91 and D don’t look as good out there. The Giesel is a little better. Just an interesting observation as both of those (Albany and Giesel) are supposed to be MSS crosses.

12 Likes

The Silver haze is a sandalwood nag champra type incense with a spicy nutmeg type smoke flavor. Real strong sativa type buzz but still traces of indica in the buzz. Uplifting but not up in the clouds laughing like a Oaxacan or Thai sativa. The sowahh is a real strong head high almost like your floating eyeballs with no body. The plant I grow has both the sativa type spicy flavor with the dank sour back end. Really good plant you should find a good one in those 3 females.

6 Likes

Hell yeah, man. I’m loving the look of all three, and I definitely have 2 distinct phenos.
The tower branches in the back right is the Ag Haze x Sowahh

Buds starting to form up

She was the last one to start flowering out of the whole tent.

14 Likes

Nice leaves there. The Silver Haze has a broader type leaf so that is for sure leaning twords the sativa end of both the cultivars.
sH male

10 Likes

I imagine this one is more silver haze leaning, but definitely not broad leaf. :

You can see the tall one right behind the bushy one:

Overhead:

14 Likes

“Ajs Sour” and the “pre-2k sour” that CSI breeds with.
I’m running both crossed with TK right now and wondering if anyone has information on either of these sours. There are comments on Instagram that suggest people doubt Aj has the original sour still. I’ve also heard Matt riot comment in a video that Ajs sour was different than the one he originally had. In my experience the sour I’ve gotten on the streets and in dispos looked different than the buds of sour that Aj is posting on Instagram.

7 Likes

It definitely seems/looks/sounds like “aj’s sour” now is a totally different plant than aj’s sour from ~20 years ago

4 Likes

Glad to hear you stuck with her @GrownAtHighAltitude !

3 Likes

Here’s 20 years ago:

15 Likes

Those nuggy foxtails were always a dead giveaway!

3 Likes

Damn I’m happy those did well for you man,. Looks like I need to get to some of them!

1 Like

I totally screwed the pooch. I fucking ruined it like a silly fat hobbit.

6 Likes

Weasel’s Sour d cut. Just picked her up and will find out if she’s the real deal in a couple months.

20 Likes

What happened, @TomHill ? You’re the last person I think of as a silly little hobbit, maybe a warlike dwarf

2 Likes

I rode food too long I feel. It’s not so loaded that it’s not burning blue or anything but if I was to do it again I’d stop feeding 4 weeks before the pull not 3. A lot of it has to do with how fine and dense a lot of my equipment (soil) is. But I also prolly took a bit too far to heart Notso’s comments of a champ of a feeder etc. You just go out and get your ass kicked and try to live and learn from it you know.

13 Likes

Hey everybody.

Has anyone in here grown the ECSD revs cut? If so how does it compare to the other cuts. Thanks in advance.

HG

1 Like

I posted this on another forum but might as well bring it over here. I did a lot of research on Sour Diesel a while back. The oldest photos I can find dated on any forum is 2005. The Cut was ECSD and REZ had given it to Smokey. Later this same cut was passed to OG Rascal. I did find an older post 2004, where he stated he had released a NY Sour Diesel BC2/BX2 so it sounds like he just changed the name to ECSD to differentiate from SOMA but I’m not sure. I’ll post links and photos. This is just for a visual and descriptive reference of the 05’ ECSD.

IMG_5632

I hope this helps someone.

*removed non-relative info.

26 Likes