Sour Diesel Thread

It’s a clone only. A guy on Strainly occasionally has some for sale, but they sell out fast. International shipping from the states.

1 Like

Do you happen to know the guys handle on strainly?

1 Like

In The Sticks Garden

He’s got a kick ass list but it’s not huge. I bought the Triangle Kush and Albany Sour. Both are in veg and I won’t have flower pictures until the spring. I’m sure you know how Strainly works. But I’m not vouching for him until I see the flowers. I’ve had TK a few times. I smoked and moved Sour d and it’s offshoots for 8 years in the 90’s and early 2000’s. It will forever be my favorite smoke. I’ve smoked 20 - 30 “Sour Diesels” since moving west and the last time I smoked something almost exactly like it was Top Dawg’s Sour d bx3 x Albany Sour d. JJ used AJ’s Sour d in his cross. White Rabbit crossed it to the Albany. I grew 8 plants, got 4 females and one was pure Sour D but with a better yield. The other three were more Chemdog leaning. Made a hole pile of f2’s that I’ve given out the last two months for testing. Then I found the clone and hoping it’s the real deal so i can further stabilize the Albany.

18 Likes

I’m gonna see if I can get the NYC D cut. Create S1 seeds. Pop those and then reverse the best one to the original cut.

1 Like

well if non of them fix u up on the sour diesel beans lmk u can have mine

4 Likes

Isn’t NYC Diesel Soma’s “bagseed” cross? Pretty sure it is. I’ve smoked it before, didn’t remind me of legit Sour Diesel at all, had more of a grapefruit flavor than anything else.

4 Likes

I honestly have no idea. I just heard nyc diesel was the best.

This is what I remember also

1 Like

Yeah, no, I’d avoid that one. Or rather, go ahead and grow it, I liked smoking it, but it is not legit Sour Diesel at all. It was just Soma taking advantage of the popularity of SD, which is pretty tacky if you ask me.

4 Likes

My memory is that soma got a seed out of a bag of sour in nyc. He took that back to Amsterdam and sprouted it. The female from that seed was pollinated by a Hawaiian afghan male he had. This is NYC Diesel from soma as I remember it. It’s half sour at best

3 Likes

This is what google search finds

1 Like

I’d suggest the Albany or AJ’s/Chaco’s cut. NYCD had a better yield, but didn’t have the same flavor or high. Pretty sure it was a NL backcross., from what I was told. Not my favorite and could have been from Soma.

3 Likes

I didn’t know anything about breeding back then, so probably was from Soma. I just remember it was a huge yielding Diesel type strain that wasn’t as good as the Sour d.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I remember reading, is that “a friend” hooked Soma up with a seed found in a bag of “Sour Diesel,” which he then crossed to whatever it is he crossed it with. The whole thing sounds like some bullshit to me. And even if it isn’t, it’s definitely not an accurate representation of real Sour Diesel.

Like I said, I enjoyed smoking it, but if I ever grew it I would never think that I was growing real Sour.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s exactly what you said. He got bag seed female and crossed it to the Hawaiian/afghan male and sold that as his Diesel.

This is exactly what I was sayin in your thread about those other crosses :yum:

5 Likes

Just think of a light beer :joy:. It has some of the sour characters, but is light !

1 Like

Haha, sure, but I don’t think we can lump Soma’s NYC Diesel in with the things we were talking about. I remember reading the description of that one years and years ago and being like,”Uh, yeah, bullshit.” It was pretty obvious what Soma was doing. I don’t think anybody other than High Times ever thought that that NYC Diesel was a real Sour hybrid haha.

3 Likes

I thought soma made the NYPD, which was trash, but seedfinder says it was Nirvana. Never smoked that. Was seedfinder around back then? NYCD always had a few seeds per pound. Don’t remember finding any seed in Sour d.

2 Likes

And down the sour hole we go :joy:

2 Likes

Having the real deal ultra dank sour is WELL worth 200 a pack in my view. You cannot find it on craigslist or from anyone or anywhere on short order… I have grown 8 oz of Sowahhh from my investment of less than 200 bucks. I only grew half the seeds and still have a clone. For the right stuff it’s worth the money to have it verified and in hand direct from the grower. Well worth 200+ for what I have for sure. The other way is to ask on here and HOPE you did not get a mislabeled plant or seed from one of us.

5 Likes