Sour Diesel Thread

20231031_061619 skunktek Gascap

9 Likes

Hey guys, sorry I am kind of new here and mostly a lurker -

I got my hands on the Sour Diesel (Albany) cut through a friend (He originally sourced his cut through Cloney Soprano)

The last run I hunted a 10 pack of TonyGreen’s collab with Karma (GG4RIL x Sowah) regs and found a solid male that smells very sour and almost a yellow mustard profile.

I was planning on hitting the Albany cut with this (GG4RIL x Sowah(Karma Sour Diesel Bx4) male.

My question is, what would I call these seeds?

Simply a new F1?

The Karma Sour Diesel Bx4 used a Rez IBL cut and not the original Albany - So I don’t imagine it would be considered a BC1F1 / Bx1?

5 Likes

If you are not over thinking it - yes an f1, the first filial generation. The first in a hereditary line.

2 Likes

I guess the question is more of a ‘How far removed from the Original Sour Diesel does it have to be before being NO LONGER considered a genetic back cross’

Even as a BC1 / Bx1 it would still be a F1.

1 Like

Oh you’re right I’m sorry @tappy I got it from someone else. They were talking to someone that had almost the same picture as you, so I thought it was you. This old age is getting to me. My bad.

On another note man 3 packs and they all Hermes? Yikes well since in bought it I mind as well grow it.

2 Likes

3 packs with balls on the first couple nodes of the girls and hairs on all the boys :cry:

4 Likes

Damn I really want to use a good male to hot to some other plants.

3 Likes

JJ said he would select from the BX4 of his line. He mentioned this in one of his youtube interviews. He said the BX4 phenos would hold some winners. I have found a few really good seeds from Karmas Sowahh BX4 F2 I made…Excellent breeding material as well.

9 Likes

@DGCloud Might be better off finding some of the Top Dawg F2s floating around here to pop alongside those Sowahh just in case

2 Likes

It’s the f3 that got used for the seed increase

2 Likes

I have some other sours as well I’ll definitely have one nice grow of different variations of the sours in my hands. Gonna be awhile but excited to see what happens

2 Likes

Wait till ya see J Unit when I get to makin em
For release. Tested over a year now by several trusted folks, oh yeah. She’s good.
Sour is fuvkin hard to breed with bro. It segregated into non sour weird shit like mustard, onions, vinegar, old man apartment…. Takes work to get what ya want when ya think of a sour anything.
That’s why the random crosses I see make me chuckle ha. There’s a reason I didn’t make sour everything lol

11 Likes

@Tonygreen Aw yeah that’s the Top Dawg SD BX3 instead of Karma’s, right?

2 Likes

Hey thanks! Yeah Tony confirmed to me that the male I found is 100% male from the Sowah! Going to be keeping him around and alive for awhile and see what the offspring produce. That mustard smell is really interesting and I want to see how it carries over into the females.

I will probably just open pollinate with him and hit all of my cuts over these next couple cycles.

5 Likes

I am not going to lie, all of those sound appealing to me haha.

7 Likes

Have fun with it, that’s the whole point is to enjoy the grow and enjoy the smoke.

4 Likes

the j units do have, to me, a citrus and vinegar type sour flavor. the snell is more citrus and plain yogurt water.

4 Likes

In the sticks garden has the Albany cut and Chem4 ready to go again and his shipping isn’t bad. Everything he has is $100 for rooted clones. His snips are less, obviously. Check him on instagram. I just grabbed chimera #3 and dip n stix.

4 Likes

Tony’s GG4 x Sowahh plants I grew were some of the best weed I ever grew and smoked. Little golf ball buds that REEKED of the sour and this really dark back end smelliness. Forest blue green sparkle buds just a joy to grow! I crossed it to several plants including the Sowahh males I grew out this last winter /spring. The offspring from the GG$ Sowahh x Sowahh is outstanding and my best plant. I want to for sure explore some more of his seeds as soon as possible. You really have to veg veg veg a sour also yes very picky and easy to mess up. DO NOT use shitty soil or mess up the ferts

12 Likes

I planned on open pollinating these packs together and sharing. Hopefully some people with diesel and hunting experience will be down to help me hunt keepers.

30 Likes