Sour Diesel Thread

You’re English is better than my “fill in the blank” language :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL, No worries, Rez is not a sales advantage IMO… Probably more of a neg to be honest. No matter how good? his work was his actions ruined anything positive he added. I have to think twice before running his seeds. Finding all the minutia regarding SD is impossible.

Helping others get quality plants from seeds that don’t cost a lot is high on my priority list. I recently retired from sales publicly.

TOPDAWG SD is listed as Orginal Diesel aka Headband. I ran Dywreaker AKA Original Diesel back in 09. SD has some similarities but not the same. I think TOPDAWG OD is based on this clone?.

25 Likes

That looks right for my experience

4 Likes

That looks like the cut they already had in ‘98 from Brooklyn that the guy who brought it down called NYC Diesel, but they just called it Diesel.

3 Likes

Always thought headband was a diesel og cross

5 Likes

At least from his crosses he holds both.

His SD normally is the old AJ cut.

2 Likes

Hell this one is dialed and can finish in my blunts ^^ (and not because she have antho’s hues in the flowers lol)

If you want to organize a friendly contest or something fun on the SD with OG, it can be cool as fuck if you’re relax on this side of the equation. I don’t knew it. The clone i’m working isn’t hyped but quite decent to spread the love.

For Rez i think we are all agreeing on this side of the equation :rofl:

7 Likes

Contests are not my thing. I’m too old and in poor health. I love growing and breeding and will continue for as long as I’m able. Finding the good ones I remember as a kid is extremely enjoyable and keeps me busy. Finding the quality from back then is no easy task. If anyone has experienced true quality cannabis you are a lucky one. Not many have any reference to what good cannabis used to be like.

23 Likes

Here we are @blowdout2269

2 Likes

JJ uses the AJ cut, not Daywrecker/original diesel.

@Emeraldgreen there are a few different headbands. I believe diesel was the first to be called that, but then others, such as Loompa’s, followed and confused matters

4 Likes

I agree so far, with the f2’s. A friend on IG has two phenos in 3rd week of flower. He’s an expert grower. Crushes everything. But it’s showing that some plants, no matter who grows them, take a couple grows to dial in. One of the big mistakes I see with people growing the bx4 f2’s is that they don’t thin and lollipop the branches enough. Pruning is essential. I think for me, talking to Wing Wang and relearning best grow practices for Sour d helped me dial in the Sour plants I had lately and still have. All I have now is the chicken dinner. One of the bx4’s. I kept her not because she is the best pheno in the pack of 13 seeds, but because she has that old school Sour d smell and flavor. The buds may not look picture perfect like all the new slurricane crosses, but the flavor IMHO is so good, very little out there besides a good OG can compete.

Just to clarify, White Rabbit Organics, a few years back, put out the Top Dawg bx3 x Albany Sour d and Top Dawg Sour d bx3 x Wing Wang Sour d. Over a decade ago on ICMAG, JJ said his Sour d was from AJ. And a conversation with WW revealed he’s held AJ’s cut for almost 30 years. Hence, Sour d bx3 x Wing Wang Sour d = Sour d bx4. I made the f2’s to hunt through the gene pool and have some backup, if I didn’t find a keeper in the originals. I found one keeper from each pack. The Albany cross keeper tasted exactly the same, had a different bud structure and finished in 10 weeks. I lost her after trusting a friend’s grow skills. :grin: :call_me_hand:

16 Likes

Daywrecker, aka Underdog, is original Diesel.
Loompa’s Headband aka Underdog OG, is OG Kush x Underdog

10 Likes

@420noob here it is

1 Like

I have never ever even seen sd in real life, just via the forums and instagram, but I agree. None of these sours look like the one that @Shamus, @hammerheadgenetics and others have posted. I thought this was the standard of the cultivar, these little leaves that pop out all over and are sometimes kinda rounded and not even very serrated.

A lot of these others ones I ham seeing from the online clone sellers look like kush/chem hybrids and dont have that distinct look at all. They look kushy as hell in my opinion, which again is just from pics online.

How are these clone sellers even getting these super tight held cuts from? The og holders of these cuts sometimes cant even access them and don’t have clear chains of custody, but cloney soprano has it and cuts that go back to nevil even? Just reminds me of when I was a kid and my dealer friend had whatever a person wanted. Mexi, Thai, Lumbo, Jamaican, etc. It was all just Mexican from the same bag, good weed to be sure, but he just said it was whatever the people wanted. i think these clone sellers are the same. Thats a baseless claim, just what i feel about it

14 Likes

Is this the same AJ’s that’s floating around now or the original one?

4 Likes

i know what real sour is and it aint from the east coast. i think everythin you said is pretty spot on man. its crazy some guy claims to have made it himself. there was only 2 different plants of sour… the one you wanted, and the one everyone already had. the one you wanted, was a lemony, sting ur nose type of Sour Diesel . the grassy tasting green flavored sour diesel was the common one everyone had and still does. Its good but its mids compared to the real cut. the real cuts gone i guess bc all i see is the grassy sour. theres no lemon and there no sting ur nose in it. real sour had some lemon in it. super faint, but it was there, like essenced barely by it.

3 Likes

Let’s aerate a bit ^^

It’s all the dance. But i’m glad to have spotted the bug in the matrix.

Appreciated, helpful to read better your plants.

The one you’re seeing here, the wing wang and the albany were my initial triumvirat in term of choice ^^ It’s kewl.

I’m just entering in BX1 (strict one), but if you’re stimulated to have fun … the door still open.

12 Likes

The original 90’s AJ

3 Likes

Do you know how the newer cut compares to the original?

2 Likes

Have no clue. Wing Wang says his cut is different today than it was 28 years ago, due to genetic drifting. Even if some old school cuts are legit, somebody that smoked them back in the 90s might think they’re fake because they are slightly different over time, from drift.

8 Likes