Sour Diesel Thread

It’s called genetic drift, but is it really?

A random genetic mutation happens to a cell. It’s a rare occurrence. For it to affect the clone it showed up in, the DNA would have to be transferred to the other cells. I could see if a branch or root arose from a cell with a mutation, you could take a cutting from that branch and there’s genetic drift.

3 Likes

As I described above, genetic drift occur in cells that are the “base replicators”, so in humans that would be stem cells.

Somatic genetic drift occur in every other cell. It doesn’t matter if the cells divide or not. If you breed with the plant, the “base replicators” are used and thus not giving it’s offspring the drift.

Why this is important is because when you make seed, cuts and tissue culture. The results can differ based upon method used.

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

First time running Sour Diesel so I’ve not tested or sampled this yet but look forward to it in the fall come harvest. It stinks from a distance and has for some time and it’s only getting bigger.

Sour Diesel: Danny T Cut (@DannyTerpintine )

28 Likes

All those city guys moved upstate for their grows :rofl::rofl::rofl:
All us country boys moved to the city to grow

4 Likes

That’s a big, beautiful bush!

2 Likes

Chunkypigs said:
“I saw the Notso sour finishing indoors next to the ECSD and you couldn’t tell them apart which was what happened when I ran the Skunktek next to the ECSD.”

This is what I like hearing! The real ECSD became really hard to find. ChunkyPigs has had the real one since 09ish.

ECSD = Chaco = Skunktek = Notso

My hunch is the Jayplantspeak cut I’ve got is also ECSD.

13 Likes

I also am pretty convinced notso and plantspeaker are the same. Its the one I used to have as well. Back then in norcal, that was the only one widely circulated amongst growers. Just so odd plantspeaker has it named after him. Even my ass had it years before him lol

7 Likes

Start slinging clones and you can have the Sour D Boogie cut :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

8 Likes

Hahaha slanging clones is in my past! I used to slang a few thousand a month at one point. Sadly I lost my Sour D in 2018 when I lost my whole collection. Santa Cruz county raids. And the dude I got it from has since passed away. Thats what blew my mind in the last few years. It was so easy to get back in the day. I could score a tray of 50 for $50, but now theyre expensive and hard to score. Bugs me out lol

14 Likes

After I run a bunch of blockberry crosses from myself, @Crafty_Flame and @hoss8455 I’m going to run Tony Green’s Sour D colabs to see what’s in there. Will be nice to run next to the AJ’s.

27 Likes

Keep in mind that some plants can be almost identical to others. I’ve had this show up a few from diferant genetics. Some plants are dominant when used for breeding. Very hard to tell which plant is the original. IMO Any plant that carries dominance is good breeding stock, if that specific trait is what you like.

I’ve had people think a cut was renamed because they are so alike.

6 Likes

Uniformity in seed pops is nice to see someone went to some work making them .

5 Likes

I start to understand why SD owners are not prone to simply show their stuff growing and to share their tricks ^^

Pushing this one a bit on the PK, ofc she handle full dose without any burn. Most of plants i’m growing aside atm will be just wasted by such levels, so early. Another checkbox for me that don’t belong to any storytelling. She’s now running full throttle on photosynthesis, high sugars traces almost totally disappeared. I will prune a bit more i think now that i clearly see the stems chose by the plant.

27 Likes

Hi new here but long time meber on ICMag. This bud is impressive, good job. It reminds me of Sour-Jack, this is different versions but Karma made one who could produce huge main buds with the same look yours have.

5 Likes

I have 3 Sowahh flowering right now for their second run, I love this seed line, the buds produced are delicious, more sour/acid than gasoline and the high is wild. I think I’ll keep one who has a very similar look than yours as mother. I have made a few Sowahh seeds and crosses with 2 males, I’ll have fun growing those seeds.

9 Likes

I recognise your name, prob from the Karma thread on IC no doubt, I pop on there occasionally to see updates from Karma.

If that’s not your name on there then I’m just tripping :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I’m just starting to test my two Sowahh’s and they are amazing. I’ve always read about that mouth coating taste and they have it. I found the smell in flower to be not overly pungent but was permeating, it hits deep, same to be said for its current state during curing, although it’s not fully cured yet. The smell is so amazing, addictive like fuel, sour, maybe a hint of lemon and og pine, difficult to describe but translates into the taste.

I had to pull both at 10.5 weeks and the Sowahh 1 could have done another week I recon and Sowahh 2 could have gone at least 2 more.

The highs are incredible, prob gonna be some of my favourite of all time, even though they’re at the early end of the harvest window, they’re not too racy, good uplifting energy, head and body buzz, euphoria, social and uplifting but can chill with them too. Very potent, if I have too much it ends my day :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to seeing how they develop.

8 Likes

Yes I"m a long time member on IC, the Sowahh are not the strongest smelling plants in my flower space but the buds are definitely some of the strongest smelling I’ve smoked. They are not so much diesel smelling while flowering and in the jars but I think I prefer it this way, I had a few plants with strong gasoline smell and taste and it was quite disgusting for me.This is some pics of 2 Sowahh I have flowering right now, there is a 3rd one I need to take pics of her.

27 Likes

Sour Giesel

19 Likes

I can’t wait! I just stuck a monster Sowahh in my tent a few days ago.

5 Likes

You’ll have plenty of powerful buds in +/-80 days, from seeds mine went to 78 days but the timer was on 11/13 after week 4, in 12/12 they would have taken one more week to be done I think. The yield is very good on all the girls I have but one of them is really a big producer, on the seed run the 3 Sowahh yielded 250g together.

5 Likes