Sour Diesel Thread

Yep, I didn’t see hardly any ambers at 83 last time, think 13 weeks is about right. The one narrow leaf I saved for another run and believe it will need 14.

1 Like

More than 12 weeks for Sowahh seems a bit too much, you know THC becomes CBD on amber trichomes, so having too much of them is degrading the quality of the high and produce buds who make you stone not high.

2 Likes

Bro this is completely inaccurate. Ive had more testing done than Ill ever admit. On the same strains harvested at different times. Around 30% amber most plants will test the highest for cannabinoids. If you take it too early. itll usually come up as CBG, which then converts to THC. Never seen over ripe plants magically turn to CBD lol. Ive also gotten TONS of tests on elite clones with 0.0% CBD. Sour D specifically. Id run wax of it that would usually clear 85% THC, but never saw any CBD in any test.

7 Likes

He probably meant CBN.

11 Likes

Destiny x Sowahh 53 days… Sowahh takes 80-85 days in my garden. Taking plants to early is way worse than taking them later.

25 Likes

beautiful as always brother.

very nice …

1 Like

Yet everywhere it is written that THC turns into CBD and CBN in amber trichomes, it doesn’t come from my magic hat, it’s a proven fact. Amber trichomes are degrading, the higher THC % is a few days before senescence.
A search on google with the term “evolution of cannabinoids in trichomes” says the THC are at the max when alll trichomes are milky then with amber the THC level lowers and CBD/CBN levels rise.
In haschich made with the later harvested plants like the Red Libanese the CBD level is higher compared to yellow lebanese made with buds harvested earlier in the season.

2 Likes

Then why would people breed and purchase hig1h cbd bred cannabis seeds? Your confusing the conversion of thc into cbn as it ages as it converting to cbd. Which it does not.

1 Like

It doesn’t turn into 100% CBD and I’m not confusing anything, just reading what I found qith the search mentioned if it’s too hard for you to search I’ll post a link

1 Like

As soon as cannabis is harvested, its cannabinoids, including THC, begin to degrade.
Exposure to air, light, or heat triggers THC degradation. THC naturally degrades into cannabinol (CBN) during the drying and curing process. Amber trics have less THC than milky heads do.

Cannabis tricombs have the most THC when milky…

4 Likes

Correct. THC does not degrade into CBD though.

3 Likes

Even before harvesting, the THC becomes CBN and CBD level rises in living amber trichomes at the same time . As I said the higher % of THC possible will be found in the milky trchs, it lowers after that

Post the link

1 Like

CBD can degrade into tetrahydrocannabinol(THC)

Under acidic conditions or when exposed to light, CBD can degrade into Δ9-THC and subsequently transform into the more stable Δ8-THC isomer. This process involves a chemical transformation where CBD loses its structural bond and converts into THC. The Δ8-THC isomer is more stable than Δ9-THC.
less common is CBD converting to CBN.

Under basic conditions (alkaline environments), Δ9-THC can form two different diastereomeric structures of Δ10-THC. Diastereomers are stereoisomers that are not mirror images of each other. They have distinct chemical properties.

THEY ALL DIFFER IN DEGRADATION PATHWAYS.

Lots of info you can read about it all.

2 Likes

But does thc degrade into cbd? I know thc degrades into cbn but have never read an article stating thc degrades into cbd. You just stated cbd degrade into thc. The opposite of the discussion.

2 Likes

OK THC turns in CBN AND at the same time CBD level rise in the living amber trichomes
I try to find a good link those who pop first are from seeds sellers and are not the most accurate
It is the fact both happen at the same time who lead me to think the THC becomes CBD but it says in all the stuff I read that CBD level is augmenting at the same period THC become CBN

1 Like

I doubt if they’ll produce much CBD by degrading. It’s CBN, the unhappiness molecule.

1 Like

4 Likes

If it did breeders would not be breeding for high cbd cultivars. There would be no need to if you could just over ripen your plants and get high levels of cbd. I have never read one scientific research paper or article stating thc degrades into cbd.

5 Likes

Me neither. Just trying to be nice.

2 Likes