Steampunk Water Culture

The bloom room is nuts! I think the TK plant is falling over slowly! someone call structural support team

7 Likes

PCK bud clone from tripod is doing great! Can’t wait for the crazy-leaf part to be over. I wonder how nuts she’s going to get?

5 Likes

hum de dum, the clones are doing great! Slurricane and PCK are both pushing out new leaves, as well as crazy roots.

4 Likes

Cloning is like a performance art to me. BAM knock that shit out of the park! How can you go wrong with simple ingredients?

1 Like

bah hah hah!

4 Likes

Tripod clone is gaining verticality now. Excellent!

3 Likes

You know? That black shit is like… getting on things. I wonder what it is? Some kind of fungus?? You can see some on the base of the PCK bud clone. It was in the same container as the slurricane.

4 Likes

ICKY! It’s some kind of fungus.

Fuck me and I saw some acariforms snacking on that crap. brrr lucky I made the clones, I’m gonna toss the originals, and mark the PCK as potential fungus infestation on the stem.

5 Likes

That black muck is the ‘kiss of death’…

If that gets into the stem the plant can sometimes encapsulate it but usually it’s lethal.
I suspect it can be spread by reusing the neoprene collars.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Well, I studied it and what I found was… telling.

The infestation of that fungus only spreads to freshly cut clones. It has completely failed to infest clones that were rooted already. That means only the PCK clone is infested, and that won’t last long. The source of the infestation is the slurricane clones.

6 Likes

yah good news on that fungus. It’s just some stupid fungus that opportunistically infests the surface layer of the plant. check it out. I’ve seen that shit lots before, but never at infestation levels. Really strange!

7 Likes

Some kind of oomycetes, but I’m not sure which one. That’s the hard part to figure out! Ehh fuck 'em they’ll be toast soon. When I clean and clone the place, it’s toast, because I scrub everything real good between cycles.

1 Like

Ahh, I should have removed the rockwool. It’s not helping. It almost seems like all of them have some kind of damage in the root zone.

5 Likes

heh heh here’s one of the new slurricane clones. That rockwool is some kind of evil force, look how healthy this baby is in the root zone! She’s singing!

5 Likes

No I’ve never seen that black stuff in my garden before ever that’s weird looking shit nor do i have any issues when cloning them :dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

2 Likes

Yah probably the rockwool exposed to moisture did it. I got rid of all of that stuff now! Black shit is toast!

2 Likes

I went and scrubbed a bit at the stalk of the PCK clone with the black crud, and I think it’s just on the surface. I’m not sure it’s living on there. Kind of strange, I’ll keep and eye on it. The plant itself is doing really good. Grown about 5 cm so far!

2 Likes

I got some peroxide on a q-tip and gently cleaned the scum off. Then I put it under a microscope, and crapped my pants lol!

3 Likes

I never seen shit like that before. Now it seems I have cleaned it off, so I’ll check later and see if it grows back. The PCK clone is growing good still! Once it’s big enough I will clone it and toss infected plant material and that’ll be the end of whatever that is. It looks chitinous after I put it under the scope!

6 Likes

ok! Here are the clones… PCK on the end and 2 slurricanes! There are a few more slurricane clones brewing as we speak. I’m going to make up for the lag time by using the HPS lights on the clones. They’ll grow like mad!

9 Likes