Steampunk Water Culture

Joe sorry if youve already described this, but where is your big bud from?

How is it as just bud?

3 Likes

The big bud is from AMS, I ordered the seeds online. Nobody really likes the “look” of the big bud, because the trichomes are so short. It tastes sweet and fruity, which decomposes into a coffee-like smell over time. Bag appeal is limited.

4 Likes

Whats AMS for us ignorant people? hows the bud smoke beyond the looks?

2 Likes

heh heh the bud is good. Nobody knows what it looked like once you cut it into tiny bits and roll it up. AMS is Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds, I think they are a sponsor here. I use the plant to crush it at the competition, and I’ve been growing a clone of it since 2017!

3 Likes

Thank you. I have been wanting top switch to keeping some proven clones while i sift through seed plants, so i am putting the big bud on the list for future considerations.

You really kill it out there. keep up the good work!

3 Likes

When you initially leave your bubblehash to dry in a freezer do you have to worry about leaving it in there for too long and it starting to go bad?

3 Likes

nope I leave it there, sometimes for months in a parchment paper envelope. Never seen it go bad!

3 Likes

Things are moving right along! The meat breath and slurricane are really pumping out the growth!

8 Likes

Wow, love this thread and you seem to have dialed in how to dwc now. Not alot of clawing anymore, like in your first plants in the grow. My recommendation is always to start with dwc and then move over to rdwc. Rdwc keeps the PH alot more stable and The nutes will continue to mix. No more nutes pockets that will throw your plants of. Only drawback is that it isnt as flexible. You have to all plants with the same nutes. I dont know if you do this already. But GHE got some hydroponic bacteria/enzyme powder that helps alot with keeping the bucket clean for 12 weeks. I usually add a small amount in a glass of water with sugar and let it sit in warm darkness over 24h. This will activate those small lil buggars… Like a sour dough… Hehe. What strains do you have planed after this run? Pz

4 Likes

I’ve got my regular rotation of plants with the big bud and meat breath. They will always ride! I am going to be popping more tester seeds, I think OG kush and Goji OG! They will be run through the hashplant thunderdome and the weak will be thrown in the garbage.

4 Likes

Slurricane and meat breath in the close ups!

3 Likes

Damn, Goji OG is pure fire if you find a keeper! Are you thinking of selfing the hptd? Pz

2 Likes

My long term plan is to find 2 excellent hash producers and cross them using sex reversal.

2 Likes

images (5)

I guess that makes big bud master blaster.

4 Likes

If you go to S3 on both plant and then cross them. They will give you more vigor. Ive done alot of s crosses and after trying the S3 metod, its something ive started to do for all my s crosses

3 Likes

yah the plant breeding thing will eventually be a fun journey!
I think I should increase the conductivity here, and give the plants a boost. My fingers have caused minor physical damage to the leaves, with little holes and scuff marks! I mostly leave them alone, but I couldn’t resist today taking a leaf cutting and examining it at 1000x.

4 Likes

That’s like a fingernail scrape on the leaf. It’s amazing what kind of damage you can do at a microscopic level!

5 Likes

Veg room! heh heh, for now. I got some close ups of TK and slurricane! Plants are definitely bulking up, and the only damage to the leaves now, is damage that I created with my human fingers.

7 Likes

Meat breath, slurricane, and the entire batch! I can’t wait until the PCK is back from the dead, she’s still regenerating as we speak!

8 Likes

The breakfast of champions!!

7 Likes