Steampunk Water Culture

A couple of unexciting veg room photos. Clones, seedlings and the scissors! Gonna hack down more males!

4 Likes

Bloom room is humming along. I am going to PK boost the slurricane and see what happens. I compare it to what was going on during the days when I didn’t boost it. I want to see what effect it has on the plant. Some of them are really touchy, like that sugar black rose was.

5 Likes

Just by looking at the seedlings I know more of them are male. If I were to take a random guess I would say 2 goji females and 4 og kush females. Those aren’t solid numbers by any stretch! I just counted all the small ones from each batch lol and said they were female. Definitely polished off a few males already!

1 Like

Oh I think the potato is gonna bloom! yay!

Little PCK is growing up!

Thinned out the seedlings a tad.

2 Likes

Slurricane has been exposed to PK boost for 12 hours and… she likes it! Good news!

4 Likes

I am going to have to start EC testing the crops, I’m pretty sure the TK has run out… and probably most of the other plants by now!

5 Likes

Make sure when you eat that potato you loook the rest of them in the eye (the potatoes) so he can serve as a lesson to the rest.

You know, send a message ha

3 Likes

Clones are growing! They liked the EC 1.0

2 Likes

I think it’s gonna bloom, because those buds are getting bigger!

2 Likes

I ran out of micro nutrients, which wasn’t a good time to run out. I got a single plant dosed! So, I’m off to the store lol!

4 Likes

What wattage are your lights and how many?
I saw you keep your water 20c, are you using a watercolor or Aircon? Last question (for the moment lol) how big is your rez.

Last last question can I get one of those pizzas. Just extra cheese (I trust your judgement on picking the cheese s) ??
Thanks in advance

1 Like

In bloom I am using 3X1000watt HPS, but in veg I have a couple almost burned out LEDs. 270 watts each! I actually keep it cool with ventilation flowing over the lights. There’s actually a danger it could be as cold as 16C in winter. The plants are all in individual 20 liter buckets. Black of course!

4 Likes

Dang lucky dog. If I don’t run a aircon my rez gets too hot. Is your ambient temperature in that room like 60f or something ?

2 Likes

It’s about 18C in the summer and 13C in the winter! As long as I’m extracting in the summer and recirculating in the winter, the place stays at a good temp. Way back in the day, when I was constructing it, I knew temperature was a critical factor. I had an inefficient exhaust until I revamped it. The temps would get up to 25 that was getting too warm. Couldn’t run 3 lights in the summer.

3 Likes

Clones are really starting to take off!

I think… I see another male! gets out the culling knife

Ahh sadly my plants have to suffer until monday. Hopefully that’s not too much of a setback. That’ll teach me.

8 Likes

As always, love your efficiency, proficiency and continuity @JoeCrowe. I’ve got to study your cloning, mines a lottery likely related to water temps.

3 Likes

It sits about 18-20C for the water temps. I’ve had it as low as 16C but that’s not helping, I don’t think!

2 Likes

criiiiikey! OK! Well I hit the store… before it was open lol! Buddy was out there having a smoke when I rolled in, and he looked surprised someone showed up so early. I got a socket for the new LEDs, which work perfectly now. I also got a couple of jugs of fertz! So I have to hit my plants ASAP because 2 of them are looking shitty. I took the electric car, and that thing is still fun to drive! I think you could make it home with a blind fold on. Locked onto the truck in front of me and told it to go the speed limit. People range from curious to hostile, when they see that thing rolling along.

3 Likes

Male detected!

3 Likes

Oh the conversion bulbs I got so long ago, I had eventually figured out the fixture was broken, so it wasn’t putting out the right voltage. The lights would stay lit, but only for a five min or so, then they went dark. I got to thinking about the fluoro bulbs that were in there. They should have lasted 10x longer than they did, before they burned out. So I took the fixture in to the recycling center and got a new one. Solved all the problems with the bulbs.

3 Likes