Strain Recommendations for Migraines

The best I found is White widow. Definitely helps me for light and sound sensitivity.
Rapid bong hits work.

2 Likes

My daughter has found her most effective strain to be Original Dawg X Titanic OG from Surefire seeds. Out of approximately 50 strains so far. Crosses we made with this strain have also been effective, but not quite as much as the parent. Skunks have little effect and most Chem strains make her headache worse. The nature of her migraines seems to make her relief strain dependant, from our observations so far.

3 Likes

My wife has to take a shot every month for her migraines OG kush is good for them,sour kush as well since itā€™s OG kush/sour diesel

I made my wife sour kush honey since she donā€™t smoke weed,she didnā€™t like the buzz lol so sheā€™s back on the shot,I though the honey was very nice teaspoon in your coffee
This is the shot she takes

1 Like

As already stated tension headaches are different. Iā€™ve had cluster headaches for 35 years. Iā€™ve completely cleaned up my diet, no this that and the other things, Although the diet change cleared up a lot of other issues, I still suffer from the cluster headaches. clusterbusters dot org something to look up, they have a list of current studies. Lots of interest info there. The few periods in my life I did not suffer from them was due to both Fun guyā€™s, and Hippie stamps. Later Iā€™ve found strains that are also psychedelic in fx to also give relief. Unfortunately, with cannabis to find relief its use is a daily thing, I am a chronic clusterhead. The other stuff gave longer lasting results. Then I discovered the Wim Hof method. (its replaced the other stuff for me) Its a 3 part method one part controlled breathing, takes about 12-20 minutes, one part cold exposure, 2-3 minutes in a cold shower will work. and the last part repeat daily. All very simple and easy to do. Total game changer. I have a script for oxygen tanks but see no point due to the method. Even my posture has improved due to the method. Thereā€™s a free app on the wim hof website Total game changer and mind blowing! (I hopes this helps)

1 Like

I have heard that eating some mushrooms every couple weeks helps some people not have those cluster headachesā€¦ maybe you could try some mushrooms? And I think any bud thatā€™s a strong indica will help get you mind off the head ache or make you fall asleep. You like edibles? Dabs? For real tho look into mushrooms for headachesā€¦ they have amazing healing properties and reconnect Nero pathways. Good luck!

The best strain to date that my family has had success in dealing with migraines and other conditions to all four of us is blue velvet periodically sold by Dutch passion and originally made by dj short. The seeds are very hard to come by sadly.

I plan on this being the first strain I do as a seed Co op here on overgrow. Sadly they are only fem. But I am ready to reverse it and share them with everyone I can for the amazing things this plant does to pain.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll keep an eye on your seedrun @Chronickyle ā€¦ I am using another male of the od x titanic seeds for some crosses. Just blooming out a cpl (bro-sister chuck not really f2) to see how the male is. I have him as a father plant until we can test his children. We do personal seedruns, so I will post in my cave thread. We have run out of her med strain. She is struggling a bit, but we have more new strains coming in a week or so from the room. Other strains take the edge off but, its a balance between no headache and being totally wasted, kinda defeats the purpose as a medication, if it incapacitates. Its a delicate teeter-totter with my daughters quality of life, Iā€™m preaching to the choir, anyone with chronic serious migraines LIVES on that precarious balance. Watching your loved ones suffer from this is difficult to watch ā€˜from the sidelinesā€™. Trying to helpā€¦

2 Likes

Was on Migraines canada and migraines.org. They see to mention cannabis as a treatment option, but besides the standard BULLSHIT ā€˜we are not sure of the effects on migraines, its complex, but further study is neededā€™. Crock of CRAP, echoing Migraine drug suppliers concerns. IMO Yeah real unbiased research will show cannabis as the numero uno effetive safe treatment for some sufferers. Seems the ā€˜migraine supportā€™ research system throws a ton of shit and hopes something might stick (please disregard longterm toxic side effects) method of developing treatments, UNTIL cannabis is mentionedā€¦then the glossy eyes and the ā€˜well if your going to do it yourselfā€™ dismissiveness comes out. Glad we have the ACMPRā€¦we can do our own smoke some shit in a paper research, which has, BTW, been more effective for the patient over the last 15 yrs than ā€˜medecine guidedā€™ diagnosis and experimental treatments. Diaries?.., yep everything and anything triggers them, Drs. havenā€™t a clue frankly. Itā€™s a shame and a sham.

1 Like

It is truly a damn shame, our doctors here are typically a disappointment. Everything I have ever seen from them is if you donā€™t like the chemical cocktail they give you too bad. Iā€™ve had doctors straight up tell my dad that side affects he was getting from the pills was in his head because they were not listed side affects. Our doctors are simply glorified drug dealers. All their schooling is funded my companies that make medicine. How is it possible that we donā€™t use barely any type of medicine from before a hundred years ago. In all our history nothing helped till the past 100 years? I highly doubt it.

2 Likes

Maybe try a strain with 50/50 CBD and THC.

I can recommend from personal experience anything from Madd Farmer that uses Purple Urkle or Lavender as the mom. (The Lavender Soma uses is not the same cut.) The Urkle is probably by far the most medicinal variety I have ever come across, and Madd Farmer is someone who is doing it right with her.
Good luck with your project.

Doc

2 Likes

Mad farmer sells urkle? Where do I purchase from mad farmer since he left og

If anyone can tell me thatā€™d be great. Need some purple urkle in my life

2 Likes

@Chronickyle you can find his work at seedsherenow

1 Like

so my durban project is complete. 2/2 test subjects reported relief, 1 in early onset and the other was half a day into it. obviously a very small sample size, but i am pleased with these results. if anyone is interested, my seed stock came from hazeman
i have also found that very small doses (~.1-.2g) of mushrooms worked well too. normal cubes, not pe or anything exotic

1 Like

I had good success with a tincture made from Sweet Pure Auto CBD (it was probably a pheno with 1:1 and not just CBD) and with vaping Cackleberry from the co-op seed run.

1 Like

have almost daily bad migraines, what I found out about myself is this, if i smoke before i get the migraine it helps prevent the migraine, if i crash I get the headache, if i already have the headache mostly smoking makes it worse

@who which strains help you the most?

1 Like

so far a NL by expert seeds is the best i have for headaches, but while i started growing along time ago ,I didnt for many years, and am still exploring this, Sativas that cause anxiety are hard on my headaches Mob was decent as well, relaxing.

I have tried a couple of cbd strains now, good for my hands,but didnt help the headache.

1 Like

I get some whicked migraines. Whatā€™s your favorite strain to use for relief? I used to be able to find some night terror and first class funk at the dispensary that helped pretty good but havenā€™t seen them in a while

For a colleague of mine I made infused mct oil with indica dominant strains. She reported that it doesnā€™t help much when a migrain has already started and is developing, but since she takes it regularly an hour before bed she hasnā€™t had an attack on regular base like before.

She isnā€™t a smoker and has no desire to get high like us but it helps her. Maybe go in that direction (drops)

1 Like