Strain Recommendations for Migraines

Are things like that hard to make? Like more difficult then making edibles?

IME weed makes migraines worse.

2 Likes

Mule Fuel by Thugpug is an indica dominant that when available to me, has best helped with my chronic neck & back pain that is a result of a hockey injury sustained as a teenager. Iā€™ve never felt such immediate relief and relaxation of muscles, but this is when inhaled via smoking or vaporizing.

That said, itā€™s an expensive and rare genetic to get your hands on these days, and if itā€™s going into edibles rather than smoke, Iā€™d likely not suggest something so expensive.

If youā€™re in Canada, thereā€™s a relatively inexpensive product from a company called Redecan called ā€œReign Dropsā€, which are a sublingual drop but are also multipurpose. For the price and wide availability on the recreational and medical market in Canada, and can be used as a sublingual, in edibles, coffee, etc - I would highly recommend these. Bang for buck, they were also very helpful for me, but the onset time is longer than I would like if I am really suffering.

I hope this helps in some way. :black_heart:

Best,
-e

2 Likes

Not at all.

I do it like this:

1. Decarb the buds
  2. Grind the buds (small but no powder)
  3. Fill in jar
  4. Put in 190 proof alcohol (edible)
  5. let it sit for a day in the fridge (shake now and then)
  6. Filter it
  7. Make a waterbath and put the infused alcohol in a stainless steel bowl, let the alcohol evaporate completele
  8. Turn of the heat and mix the cannabis oil with mct oil (1g bud = 1ml mct oil)
  9. Mix it well while warm
  10. Fill in a little bottle

Voila

Sometimes I have to cut it with more mct oil cause itā€™s too strong for some people, sometimes you need 1-2 drops more to get the desired effect which is strain dependent.

Greetz

5 Likes

As long as I use a indica dom Iā€™m usually okay. A sativa when I have a migraine is like putting my head on a vice

2 Likes

Never heard of that one Iā€™ll look into it. Smoking is my go too but when the migraines are bad a mix of both is nice

Blackberry kush, Bubba kush, dosido, Mac, Kish, sour tsunami cbd, harle tsu cbd

1 Like

Yes maā€™am. I would highly recommend staying away from any ā€œhazeā€ or any variety high in Terpinolene for exactly this reason.

1 Like

I also suffer chronic migraines so am on the same search, so far Iā€™ve found death bubba (a bubba kush cross) helps the most when vaped Iā€™ve tried many oils and found some to be very helpful when used first thing when you wake and staggered doses throughout the day. I stopped using them but vaping 3 to 4 times a day is also very helpful.
One strain Iā€™m interested in getting is bohdi goji og as Iā€™ve read it can be very helpful for migraines. Good luck on your search!

4 Likes

Did you sign up for the Gogi seed co-op?

2 Likes

Some people have had migraine relief from psilocybin mushrooms as they tend to stimulate bloodflow in the brain. Could also be that it opens up your veins (vasodilation?).
Theyā€™re something you can grow yourself too.

And on top of that, thereā€™s mycorrhizal psilocybin mushrooms too, so when growing 100% organic you can even grow them in the same pots as your cannabis and itā€™ll even help the cannabis grow!

4 Likes

I am sensitive to sativas alsoā€™ three that work for me, angent orange, OG kush, SFV OG sativa dom

2 Likes

I micro and macro dose mazatapec itā€™s total recall reset. Until I started doing it, for years I couldnā€™t sleep with blocking my door. Iā€™m now working bĆ· strain and penis envy strain They have taken my severe critical chronic ptsd and major depressive disorder to mild and very few dips and when the happen I come out quickly. I encourage everyone to learn to grow them. Peace

4 Likes

I just did hopefully I did it right!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Shiatsu Kush

Your good I saw your name as I scrolled through

1 Like

Hopeful Nevada will legalize psilocybin someday so I can try them. I hear they are can be good for ptsd as well

1 Like

Interesting! I didnā€™t know mushrooms came in different strains. I will definitely do some reading. Did you notice it helping right away?

1 Like

No I didnā€™t see that post. Whatā€™s the title?

Type Gogi crowd source in the search. It should be in the top 3

1 Like