Strains high in THCV

You would be doing a very kind thing not only for the community here but cannabis in general. Although everyone in the thread practically has posted up a different strain from a different breeder with THCV, this one seems especially high (6% THCV/10% THC) and the breeder involved seems strongly interested to see it develop further for the benefit of the medical cannabis community.

I wish I had heard about this earlier and could have got my hands on beans a month or two ago, sort of expecting those extra long flowering times associated with the equatorial grasses. Still time left to pop and get them outside though, if you move quick :wink: I don’t have much but I’ve got a couple interesting beans and crosses (COPA, MSNL) I would be glad to trade if you manage to grab some Free V. Having a few people do side by side grows in different places across the US this season would be extra cool!

6 Likes

Did some calling around today and it looks like I can grab one pack tomorrow🤗

6 Likes

That is super cool! And that breeder does sound like a soul that would fit right in on this community! I hope they do join and participate! :sunglasses::crossed_fingers::v:

4 Likes

THCV is a simulant of sort and if you had My Thai strain you would know the distinct difference. Other than having a strong shot it’s hard to explain. Elevated, curious and anxious if you get that sort of thing, I myself don’t get weed anxious. One of my friends says the Thai has a clean landing, that’s a good way to explain if you keep puffing you stay awake.

6 Likes

Yes burns clean and gives you a positive buzz. I use it for hiking and talking with others while on the trail. Need to grow out more and find a lab and have tested.

3 Likes

:exploding_head: :star_struck:

Fantastic!! Hope you are able to overgrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been looking for an opportunity to do a seed run for the community.
I’ll start a log once I get them going🤗

5 Likes

:love_you_gesture:t3: Yep all good

Check out the seedstockers gear bro. Dutch passion sister company and the seeds are cheap AF. I’ve grown autoflowers from them and they were excellent for the price i paid. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers bro I’ll check them out for future reference. I’m having to shut down for a bit soon unfortunately. Major building work soon going off here and maybe a house move if things work out.

1 Like

Ahhhh good luck mate. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. When settled if you need anything shout out. If I can help I will. :+1:

1 Like

Cheers bro it’s appreciated :sunglasses:

1 Like

Novarine THCV and Kannabia THCV are two commercially available strains plus if you search European seed banks you may be able to find some remaining packs of Subcools (RIP) Jack The Ripper, Chernobyl and Jesus OG, I know they’re out there because I bought some of each this past 4/20 sale!

5 Likes

7 Likes

RSC Syrian is a good place to look. I’ve been missing with it and some Lebanese and have a few buds I want to get tested.

Hoku had a Syrian crossed with Doug’s Varin called “Syrian V”. I’ve got some of those but haven’t tried it yet.

6 Likes

I’m trying the Syrian V out too
, hopefully I find a sufficient male to pollinate the above feminized strains!

5 Likes

I have some of the Syrian …

2 Likes

I know him. Really genuinely good dude. We’ve traded strains a few times. He hooked me up with his array of tinctures years ago for my Lyme disease and they do the trick. He also makes icy pops made from leaf smoothies that are fantastic
It would be real nice to have him here.

3 Likes

The plant naturally mazes out in THCV production around 8-10% THCV

Significant levels are 2% or above.
Someone in Washington state had a 4.5% THCV cut of JTR, but its held tight now that he has his own REC company. I smoked a lot of it and did a lot of FECO from it and its very unpleasant, very dark. The guy who has the cut warned me of how dark it is - he used it to cure his cancer and said it really fucked up his head. Thats what got me to look for THCV elsewhere. Ive found it in South African, Thai, Mexican, Pakistani, and Hemp(Finaloa) - its quite common, just rare to find it above 2%

4 Likes

Nice score
I published the secret that JTR has THCV around 2014, Im glad to see that line is still around to be sifted through for good meds

5 Likes