Strawberry Hill Seed Co

Ya I’m alright @TopShelfTrees1 , the juggling act that life is sometimes has been getting the better of me the last few weeks. My entire light dep is off schedule and a couple weeks later than it should be. That is resulting in plants getting big fast LOL
I’ll manage. My body is not keeping up with my ambitions and it frustrates me as I look over the fence and see my 68 year old neighbor getting his chores done without a hitch and here is my 54 year old ass pushin myself just to get my light dep room done on time and all my plants watered. Bit off more than I can chew but the plants all look good so I will forge ahead.
Breeding plans are mostly on track.
I was planning to do STS reversals of Grape Pie and OGKB 2.0 but I’m just gonna do the one fem project for now and that is the OGKB 2.0.
Long Valley Royal Kush was selected down to 8 females and 2 males
I will be using the two males to pollinate all the long valley females so I can have some preservation beans for down the road.
Biker Kush V1F3 were selected down to 6 females and 2 males. I’m not concerned with making an F4. As it is these plants are near impossible to tell apart so I am expecting them all to finish with the traits I expect to see.
OGKB2.0 reversed pollen with meet up with the bikers , oreoz, the grape pie and the pink kush
Biker pollen will meet up with OGKB 2.0 , pink, oreoz and fire ogkb and a selected long valley royal.
there’s much more planned but those are the priorities
all the males are inside on 12/12 now… One Lui x G13 (stinkiest plant in the garden) ,1 x Fire OGKB, 2 x biker , 2 x long valley royal, 2x scoutbreath and the ogkb 2.0 female getting sts treatment.

Smoke has mostly cleared out of our area and no fires near us which is a relief but I am so dismayed at the amount and size of some of the fires burning right now. I have zero faith in the BC fire service and thier union labor mentality. I am pro union by the way but it’s not about that. It is that thier mandate is to “manage fires” not put them out. The lobby government to fine and charge all individuals who act on thier own to fight fires in thier communities because those individuals are not members of the fire service’s union work force.
I could go on for days on this topic but it’s an echo chamber LOL
I pray for all the people and animals faced with forest fires this season and hope that folks out there look after each other.

24 Likes

Glad to hear from you and hear that all is well, I know all to well butingviff more than you can chew as I just did it myself, now I’ve got a bunch of plants in (idk what to do with land lol) Oooh, you have grape pie beans! You have many? I was looking for her for quite a while here to no avail , in fact I am growing a couple grape pie x snow lotus now in hopes of finding a heavy pie leaner, that was one of my favourite fruity strains along with grape stomper? That OGKB is super intriguing too, such an epic strain you don’t see nearly enough of . Keep your head up brother, I’m here for whatever/whenever you need, my word :facepunch:t2:

7 Likes

Just stopping by to show some love

5 Likes

I haven’t got to smoke this grape pie yet but it came from a friend here. I think he pheno hunted it from seeds from another member here. I would have to go back and check my vault notes. I also got some of the seed the cut came from , not many but perhaps enough to find a nice male. I think those beans came from @ShiskaberrySavior but I’d have to check my notes. I think there is 10 or 11 seeds so maybe i will hunt them for a male and make some more to share around.
The plan I had was to S1 this grape pie cut but changed my mind until I get to smoke her. So I have one plant in the 18 gallon tote to make some experimental pollinations with on selected branches and one plant in a #7 pot to let flower out unseeded so I can smoke her and decide for myself if I will keep her in the program.

9 Likes

Your correct it was seed that I’d made more of that came from @GrowHard originally.
Sorry to say I’m fresh out of those seeds now other than one small vial I plant to make more just not sure when though.

7 Likes

so talking with my friend the grape pie clone came from I made an error assuming the cut I have came from seeds. The cut I’m holding is from Oregon and not from the ShishkaberrySavior seeds. Gonna have to bring those seeds and that cut together at some point :wink:

10 Likes

Really hoping all goes in your favour as the Earth keeps fighting back. :sob:

2 Likes

Pretty crazy year right across the country for wildfires.

And here I thought the gypsy moth caterpillars a couple years ago were a pain in the ass.

3 Likes

Seed development on your Fraser Valley Blueberry/Atomic Blueberry hit with Dougs Blue Kush pollen.

16 Likes

I only found out how bad the fires really are last night, reading the news. There are over 800 separate fires burning in Canada atm. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ya, it’s been the worst year ever for it.

2 Likes

We still are experiencing heavy smoke depending on wind direction been over a month of this crap already.

2 Likes

Here’s one of your Coastal Blueberries at 44 days seeded with AK48 pollen. There are some berry terps and it has been a great plant to grow. There’s one outside dealing with the Death Valley conditions very well and I’ll post photos of it later in the season.

21 Likes

wow she sure is a frosty gal :wink:
Thanks for sharing!!

6 Likes

Alrighty finally got myself posting after biting off more than I could chew.

So without further adieu… Heres my two ogkb girls @lunchpale . The first is about 2x stretch. Pretty heavy flower development

And the second more stretch pheno.

I’ve also got a pair of coastal blue berry in flower.

First smells very sweet and fruity.

The ssecond smell kind of hashy, difficult to describe right now.

I also have a few shots of the coastal bb I cut last month.

I’ll getba smoke report done later , but the gist is great old school indica high, rich black hash/ bakery taste. Its got some hints of fruit in the smell but came out delishously savoury. Its almost all gone haha.

24 Likes

Looking great man , keep up the good work

4 Likes

OK, so my little Coastal Blueberry is never going to catch up to @CanuckistanPete’s ,but I am wondering if his is looking like it’s starting to flower? This may not seem like a big deal to many folks in the lower latitudes, but this plant is outside at 50.5N, and it has signs of the first stages of flowering on August 3rd. Only with semi-autos have I seen this before. Is this common in this line from what you have seen @SHSC-1 ?

If it is starting to flower, that’s the earliest (by weeks) that I have personally seen a photo initiate flower at my latitude.

Fingers crossed, but so far I have really enjoyed growing the Coastal Blueberry.

She is happy and a picture of health in her plant penitentiary. The low stature just keeps her both hidden and safe from the winds. Love the structure on her and I’m wondering if she is the NL pheno? The photo below is from 3 days ago, before the pistils started to show.

9 Likes

right on, great to see these plants in action.
The only time anything in this line “auto flowered” was when the plants were severely root bound growing in 58 to 68F under low light conditions as part of the stress testing regime I put all the plants through.
Due to this line being bred down at 49N in coastal regions I would expect to see some trigger a little earlier. Keep us posted on that one.
The short stature plants would probably be from the #1 female as she was a stout and stocky gal. The NL leaners will probably have more dome top flowers and the finished product will be leaning to that earthy , mossy, berry profiles.
I appreciate you posting your plants @cannaloop …hope you have a hefty harvest this season :wink:

4 Likes

sorry I didn’t reply after you posted your flower shots.
Everything looks great man. I love those spear tip flowers on the OGKB 2.0 Bx4. Looking forward to how those turn out for you.
Getting more feedback on the Coastal Blueberry it sure seems to be impressing folks.

Ya just never know how a line will be received and if growers share the same experience as I do when I pair them up. I’m pretty happy with the feedback so far
I’ll be popping a bunch of them this winter to hunt for a strong male to make some crosses with and I think I would like to cross Coastal Blueberry with the Blue Kush pollen from @DougDawson.

My breeding plans in the greenhouse are coming along nicely.
My males… Biker V1f3, Long Valley Royal, Lui x G13, Fire OGKB and the OGKB 2.0 that is getting reversed. All the males are starting to drop pollen as they rounded out week 2 of 12/12.
The plant getting STS spray is showing flowers but no ‘male’ pods have shown themselves yet. This is my first time doing a reversal so we’ll see how it goes.

Working on a tester program to launch after harvest so stay tuned :wink:

9 Likes

Whose g13 is it?